SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : 9-1-1: An Emergency Recall To Pray For Jerusalem - Anne Graham Lotz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

9-1-1: An Emergency Recall To Pray For Jerusalem - Anne Graham Lotz

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:

“May those who love you be secure.”

Psalm 122:6

On September 1, 2014, Anne invited believers around the globe to join her in praying and fasting for all those living in His Land…Now, she is recalling each one of us to continue to pray for Jerusalem! Please join us TODAY to pray and fast for 1 hour for Jerusalem…

If you go to the website below you will find a very good prayer guide that will aid you in praying for Jerusalem:

http://www.annegrahamlotz.org/2015/08/25/9-1-1-an-emergency-recall-to-pray-for-jerusalem/

2015/9/1 9:31Profile
proudpapa

Re: 9-1-1: An Emergency Recall To Pray For Jerusalem - Anne Graham Lotz

It certaintly does not hurt to pray for Jerusalem.
They need Jesus.

What exactly is our expectations for Israel as a nation ?

I am personally leaning toward the view, (that from the best of my research thus far) seems to be the view "held by the early Christians, the Anabaptists, the Reformers, and in fact all Christians before the 19th century". and that is that "there is only one Israel of God—comprised of both Jews and Gentiles who are children of Abraham through their faith in Christ."
I still am interested in buying and reading this book : http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/product3557.html

But lets say that my view is incorrect. And that prophesey pertaining to Israel is fixing to playout as what the dispensationalist claim.

Michael Pearl whom holds to a dispensational eschatology wrote the following in his latest newsletter p. 28-29. :

"...Never have Jews and Christians been so in agreement on the soon coming of Messiah to save Israel. The Jews are looking for a man of war who will establish a lasting peace, elevating Israel to a place of prominence-the exact ministry of antichrist. Christians are caught up in the fervor and are assisting the jews to recieve the fake Christ when he comes..."

If things do play out like what modern dispensationalist seem to demand.
It does seem that christians might be preparing Israel for the reception of a fake Christ.

There seems to be more emphasis by some of these prophecy watchers like Hagee, on preparing Israel for a future messiah than in converting Israel to Christianity.
I find that disturbing.

2015/9/1 11:05Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

You know, I'm a little behind on my thru the year bible reading. This morning, I read the last 6-8 chapters of Isaiah. So much of it looks forward to the new Jerusalem, echoed strongly in Revelation. Then, there is language that reads as some interim condition of Jerusalem, a time of blessedness but not anything that has ever been recorded and not anything that is described in the new Jerusalem.

The hope in that interim? It is clear. Jesus, the servant, brings all nations into the redemption of God because it is "too light" a thing, Isaiah writes, that God should only save Israel.

Yet, Israel is not saved, are they? They still reject Jesus. They leverage Him for political and financial gain especially from Roman Catholics and American evangelicals, but it is certain that -- nationally, culturally -- Israel rejects Jesus. Just like the nations do.

With Paul, my heart's prayer is that Israel will be saved. And, a remnant will be, because God will have them for Himself. No one or nothing can stop Him.

Yet, I'm deeply concerned that American Christians would not only lead Israel to a fake Christ, but will themselves follow a fake Christ. To a great extent, we already do.

My mind returns to those latter chapters of Isaiah that I read this morning: "But you who forsake the LORD, who forget my holy mountain, who set a table for Fortune and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes, and chose what I did not delight in." (65:11, 12)

We have a Jesus-flavored soup with death in the pot. We have mixed dispensationalism and New Age paganism, a little something for everybody. How many of our American preachers repeat the mantra of "finding your destiny", "living out your destiny", or call our churches by the name of this or that kind of "destiny". How many of those same "destiny" preachers mixed the new wine with the wine of the spirit of this age? One church in Louisiana wants to build a "destiny dome" as part of a church campus with a gym and retirement community and wants people to "give and it shall be given unto you". Another popular TV pastor wants you to "discover your God-designed destiny". It is just so much neo-pagan gobbledy-gook. You can take any man or woman, put some sweat on their brow, give them the right intonation of voice, the right fashion of clothing, give them a large bible and a handkerchief, and have them proclaim something about the arrival of Jesus and you'd be hard pressed to stop the rush of those who believe it. You could likewise marshal all of the jumped-to conclusions about prophecy that substitute now for deep study and painstaking prayer, proclaim something about the arrival of Jesus already, and you would find yourself on the opposite side of a large plurality or even majority of professing "Christians".

2015/9/1 15:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Tim-

I really like what you have written here.

Can you please clarify the very last sentence for me? I think a word or comma might be left out and I am not 100% sure how to read it.

2015/9/1 15:24Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Tim wrote

"You could likewise marshal all of the jumped-to conclusions about prophecy that substitute now for deep study and painstaking prayer, proclaim something about the arrival of Jesus already, and you would find yourself on the opposite side of a large plurality or even majority of professing "Christians". "

Just that with all of the popularly cited arguments about the rapture and about the return of Jesus it wouldn't take much to convince most American professing Christians of almost anything about His return. Put the right speaker in a place of presumptuous error and people would follow him off a cliff while singing praises.

2015/9/1 18:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Got it- I certainly agree

2015/9/1 19:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy