Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Stocks plunge in wild swing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Stocks plunge in wild swing

For most of the day Tuesday, nervous investors got a breather as the Dow rallied on the market opening, up 392 points. But by the last hour of the roller-coaster trading day, U.S. stocks plunged again, obliterating the day-long rally and putting investors on edge again over worries about a market meltdown.

The Dow closed Tuesday with a loss of 205 points.
It’s on pace for its worst month since February 2009, after losing 1,000 points last week, topped off by another loss of 588 points Monday. The Dow has lost a total of nearly 1,900 points, or 11 percent.

Meanwhile, the steep selloff in China continues, with the stock market crash there wiping out more than $1 trillion in value from equities as the Shanghai exchange lost 22 percent over just the past four days. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/nervous-investors-get-breather-as-market-rallies/

2015/8/26 8:38Profile

Re: Stocks plunge in wild swing

Fear and Hype. 1 trillion is wiped out only if you sell. They just want to get 401K'ers to sell. 51% of investments are 401ks, now.

If you did not sell two months ago, by all means don't sell now. When has the market never come back? The rich don't want to lose their money. They are just "shaking the trees (weak, fearful minds)", so they can clean up. And they will succeed, they always do. The market will probably finish up for the year.

Personally, I would rather invest in land, or other things you can hold. Investing only becomes gambling when you speculate. Lot of people wish they did not sell in early 2009.

2015/8/26 11:11
proudpapa

Dow surges more than 600 points, 3rd-biggest point gain ever.

2015/8/26 21:50Profile

Re:

For the last month, the DOW is down -7.30 and for one year it is down -4.80.

S&P 500 is down -6.15 for the month and 2.98 for the one year period.

Hardly a disaster.

2015/8/26 22:07

Re:

Quote: "Hardly a disaster. "
But it is not even September yet and we still have a few more months to go before the end of 2015.
Don't underestimate the power and the strategy of the enemy.! We need to watch this space !

But above all "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously "
this is the condition for the second part: ,
"and he will give you everything you need." (Matthew 6:33 NLT)

2015/8/27 2:07

Re:

Having the faith and trust of little children is so vital. The only other option is to regard our Shepherd's words as trite and naïve. I watched the "Hiding Place" again (Corrie Ten Boom) and was encouraged by the faith of the Ten Boom family.

Matt 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Matt 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Matt 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Matt 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Matt 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Matt 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Matt 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Matt 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Matt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matt 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

2015/8/27 9:02
proudpapa

Re:

RE:///Don't underestimate the power and the strategy of the enemy.! We need to watch this space !///

One of the biggest tools of the enemy today is failed Prophecies.
How many people do you suppose will turn away from the faith or harden further away from the faith when the predictions or prophecies of Mark Biltz, John Hagee, Johnathan Cahn etc. do not come to Fruition.

that is my concern

2015/8/27 13:23Profile

Re:

Spot on proudpapa.

That is the "bigger picture". The spiritual health of the Church and how the Enemy employs many weapons and strategies to undermine Faith and promote unbelief causing many to fall away and die in the "wilderness".

We walk by faith and not by sight.

2015/8/27 16:33

Re:

PP: How can it affect someone's faith if the predictions or "prophecies" of those men that you mentioned are wrong? It can only affect you if you put your faith in those men in the first place, which is unbiblical. We need to trust in Christ alone and the written word.!

When i go hiking into the mountains i love to listen to the song:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;All other ground is sinking sand.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2015/8/28 3:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy