SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Be careful out there saints

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Be careful out there saints

So last Tuesday night I'm way out in the country visiting a friend of mine and we're talking about the things of the Lord and sharing and it's rich but it gets late so I head back to town. I''ve been this route more than once even though I decide to go back to town by another road just for a change of pace. But no problem, no big deal because one route is about the same distance as the other. I'm approaching a very familiar intersection and from far off I see two vehicles stop at the stop sign. Nothing is out of the ordinary but as I am approaching I wonder why they are waiting and not going on since they have plenty of time before I pass by them. Well, I pass them and they turn in behind me but no big deal. It's raining and a bit dark and I'm going about 45 or 48 MPH to be safe in the rain and one of the trucks pulls up sort of close and then drops back. Then he turns on a flashing light as if to signal me to stop as a law enforcement officer would do. I wonder if I've aggravated him a bit going slow and maybe he wants to discuss it. But I don't stop and he goes on by me and I think well that's that, no problem. About 5 or 6 miles up the road he is still in sight but begins slowing down way ahead of time for the upcoming intersection and stop sign. I have to slow down because he is slowing down and when he gets to the stop sign he is just sitting there and no other cars are in sight so I wonder why he is just sitting. This intersection is still way out in the country and secluded with other cars or vehicles remotely in sight but I have been this way more than once and I have a right to drive in the country going and coming from the house of a Christian brother. So I roll up slowly behind him and then realize the other truck is coming up behind me and if I don't watch it I will soon be hemmed in behind the person stopped in front of me. So I pull out to go around him on the left and he shoots across the intersection to the other side. So instead of going across to where he is at I do a abrupt 90 degree right turn and head in the other direction. Whereupon he turns around immediately and aggessively catches up to me at a high rate of speed and puts his light on me again trying to get me to pull over. I got in the middle of the road for a few miles and was not going to let him by on either side if he tried to pass me. Later I stopped this but I won't pull over and a few miles later come to another stop sign and I go on through it without stopping and he turns in the other direction and turns his light off and lets me go. Now I believe they waited purposefully for me to pass when they first turned in behind me and likely were purposefully trying to hem me in at the stop sign. I guess the other truck was involved in it. It seems too much of a coincidence that he was not. I don't know what they had in mind but if it ever happens to you during daylight or night DO NOT STOP. That is what they want. The thing about it is that one minute all was well in the world and then the next minute I was in the middle of this. I was so busy looking out for myself and checking my rear view mirror etc. that I completely forgot to get a tag number when the truck was stopped in front of me at the stop sign. I remember my heart was beating fast. Praise the Lord for helping me realize to not stop. Bless you and be careful out there saints. Not everyone has the best of intentions toward you. I mean this for your edification. I've told several friends about this and urged me to again consider watching out for themselves when they are out and about.

Thank you.

2015/8/22 17:27Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Be careful out there saints

Thank you brother for sharing this with us! Glad you are ok!

God bless,
Lisa

2015/8/22 21:42Profile

Re:

That is bizarre, brother. Did that happen in a conceal carry state? If so, that is very surprising, because in a conceal carry state you never know who has a firearm and that kind of brazen stuff rarely happens.

2015/8/22 22:49
Theophila

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for keeping our brother safe from harm.
Blessed be Your holy Name, amen!

2015/8/23 8:03Profile
yuehan

Wow, what a story! Thanks be to God who has kept you safe :)

2015/8/23 9:21Profile
docs

Re: So what now? (edited)

What happened is on my mind again because I just now wrote a Police Report to send to the county the incident took place in which is the adjoining county. Off and on over the years I've debated within myself whether to have some sort of protection with me in case I might ever need it. I've never done it but this sheds sort of a different light on my thinking. I wonder what I will do but maybe I need to just give my emotions some time to subside. Anyway again, really do be careful out there.

Blessings.

2015/8/23 12:55Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re:

Glad u are safe and glad u did write a police report.
Sad that there are people out there to hurt us.
Thanks for the reminder to be watch out.

2015/8/23 19:55Profile

Re:

You didn't get the license plate but you thought calmly and quickly enough to get yourself out of a harrowing situation. Thank God you are safe and good advice for others.

2015/8/24 0:10
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Glad God kept you from harm.

Since God protected you why do you feel a need for a firearm? Just curious.

I generally do not feel fear but when I do, I PRAY earnestly. I suspect we have no idea how many times the Lord's angels protected us from harm that we know nothing about.

Thank-you for sharing.

Sandra

2015/8/30 21:25Profile

Re:

Ginny, docs never mentioned firearm.

Quote:
I've debated within myself whether to have some sort of protection with me in case I might ever need it

"Protection" could be bear spray, mace, etc.

2015/8/30 22:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy