SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougr777

Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

I was just introduced to Jonathan Cahn's Shemitah video and teachings just a few weeks ago...

I can remember 15-17 years ago the Y2K fear of "prepare" for the end of the world happening and it's happening again, where he predicts that the end of the world is going to happen this Sept 2015 (or around that date). I can't explain in this post the lengthy teaching he gives, but I'm trying to walk in a balance of God's truth, reality and not fear. It appears that many of his prophetic conclusions that he even gives from scripture points to the reality that "life in America" is going to change rapidly because of many reasons of this countries sins (Abortion, same-sex marriage, etc.)

Rabbi Cahn does share to us not to have fear, but to be aware and ready (by the end of this summer), but how, what does that look like? Has anybody been watching his teachings, videos, books and have some thoughts?

Thanks,
Doug

2015/7/31 10:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

Not sure how to prepare for the end of the world.

The way I figure it is if I don't watch or listen to such teachings I won't be tempted to fear. So I avoid them like the plague.

2015/7/31 10:43Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Cahn's teaching does not propose anything outside of what Jesus said in terms of the conditions of the time of the end. (Not that I can tell, anyway.)

Cahn's teaching does propose a time frame. It is arguably outside of what Jesus said and arguably outside of what the Bible as a whole says. I'll let anyone else who cares to advocate in either direction on that. :)

Let's set aside Cahn, then. Let's see what the witness of God is here.

First, it is not for us to know the times and seasons that the Father has under His authority. Amen? Amen.

Second, Jesus spoke to His disciples -- and the apostles wrote sufficiently -- about the time of the end. Is there reason to believe we are in that time? Yes. Amen? Amen.

Third, is time the greatest enemy of the church in America? No. Time is not our greatest enemy. WE are our greatest enemy. We are the ones who in these times are lovers of self, etc. That warning of Paul in 2 Timothy 3 is a warning against our own hearts. It is a two millennia warning, not a two-minute warning. We are desperate not only because we believe time is short --- not even primarily because we believe time is short --- but because we have turned our backs on the Lord our God. We have substituted a pagan faith that is no faith at all and we stubbornly refuse to repent. We stubbornly refuse to warn about THAT.

Fourth, let's say Cahn is onto something. Maybe just a thread of accuracy to his thoughts on timing. The NT church suffered. Read 1 and 2 Peter again. Read Acts again. Read the Prison Epistles again. Read the stories of saints of God like Paul Bunyan or John Hess. Real suffering, but the real presence of God. There are martyrs today who testify of this real presence of God that helps them surpass fear. We should not be in fear even if Cahn is that blind squirrel who happens upon a nut, or even if Cahn is a direct recipient of illumination from the Holy Spirit.

In our fellowship at home, we are asking -- among a few other things on a very short list of specific prayer -- for God to baptize us in the Holy Spirit and fire again. To make us who He wants us to be. To raise up, too, a prophetic voice of warning to the spiritually darkened in our area. What warning? Shemitah? NO! A warning to repent and obey the gospel. A warning that judgment comes to everyone. A warning that cultural Baptists are not Baptists, that cultural Christians are not Christians, and that everyone needs to understand that they are made by a holy God who loves them but will not extend His kingdom to them now or forever if they do not come to Him on His terms, and that is through Jesus Christ.

Sorry --- I'm preaching now.

A warning, guys, that is not accompanied with our own tepid and timid hopes for the best --- but a warning that is accompanied with the Holy Ghost and fire and a power to endure the worst.

I was listening yesterday and today to Brian Long's message on the SI podcast about coming judgment and the need for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He was sounding alarms, too, no doubt. Not Cahn's style of alarm, but the common alarm that most of us know to be needed that we are moving to the end of things. (I know not everyone agrees, but bear with me.) Alarms need sounding. But, if the alarm is just noise, who will gather for the battle? If we are without a new and living baptism in the Spirit, why do we even care if an alarm is sounded? If we are convinced in our hearts that an alarm is needed but we are only lip serving the brokenness and emptiness that can be filled with the Spirit of the living God, then we may be in worse shape than those who need that alarm!

So, Shemitah, Shlimazel, hossenpfeffer incorporated. (If anyone gets that joke, please give me a smiley. Otherwise, ignore that.) The Word of God says, "Be of good cheer. I have overcome the world." The Word says, "Fear not." The Word says, "I am with you always even TO the end of the age." Oh, God that you'll open our eyes and our hearts and ears and our whole faculties to our ongoing utter need for You and that You will fill us again for Your work in these days.

2015/7/31 12:18Profile
dougr777

Re:

Tim, you get a smiley for that

:)

Where can I find Brian Long's message?

2015/7/31 12:52Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Tim,
Well said sir and Amen!

:) from "Lenny and squiggy" ;)

2015/7/31 16:14Profile

Re:

A "conqueror" is one thing but the Word says,

Rom_8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

2015/7/31 18:29

Re:

We still need a bit of wisdom.
In 1999 we were mainly told here that our computers might not work anymore, of course you could buy a new one with a guarantee to work. What do you do? You simply get a second opinion from a trusted person with good computer knowledge. Anyone with a good computer knowledge could have told you that you don't need to throw away your 1999 computer.

I didn't watch Jonathan Cahn's Shemitah video, I'm not going to and I'm not going into discussions about the end of the world. There is so much ??? stuff out there. But i still think it is important to read the signs and have wisdom.
I regularly go hiking in the back country . Then it is very important to study the weather and prepare accordingly!

It is a bit similar in life. Several trustworthy people are warning us of bad times ahead. Eg pastor Williams has a bit an inside knowledge and Michael Shnyder seems to have a good understanding of the economic and financial situation. How we prepare depends a lot on our own circumstances. Eg if i had spare money I probably wouldn't invest it in the share market and buy Chinese stock at this point.

Here it is now winter and we get constantly "indoctrinated " about flue shots - be informed !
Prevention is still best, maintain a healthy lifestyle, an (organic) apple a day keeps the Doctor away ;)

Someone who has a good insight what's going on in America and the world said once: get right with God, pray for America, pray for a new Awakening. I think he got that right ! Blessings!

2015/7/31 23:21
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The Brian Long sermon is on the SI podcast. It is probably on the app too. And I will guess you can find it under his name if search by speaker in the audio sermons. You can find it in his videos at brianlongpreaching dot com

2015/7/31 23:59Profile

Re:

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The Holy Spirit seems to say that while we to not know the exact day or hour we should be able to see the day approaching.

When my wife had our 5 children we did not know the exact day or hour that any of them would be born but we could both see the day approaching.

1 Thessalonians 5:1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

This shows that there will be two groups of people and two different mind sets near the end. For one group the day of the Lord will be as a thief and the other will be sober watching and praying with extra oil in their lamps.

Whenever an important event is approaching in our family my wife and I keep our children informed at least on the big picture level. And the bible says our parenting is evil compared to the Father God. Being made one with His Son and filled with the Spirit of God in our hearts is more than enough to know and see the day approaching.

Marc mc

2015/8/5 7:53
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes Marc but sincere and bible believing Christians have seen "the day" approaching for 2000 years.

Granted, "the day" is closer than it was 10 minutes ago.

2015/8/5 8:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy