Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: "Quotes"

Hi Dohzman,

Quote:
I Still can't figure out how to place peoples comments in smaller letters so I can address them.

Here's a couple of short links in this regard;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4672&forum=21&4]Question on Quoting[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3209&forum=21&1]How to insert quotes[/url]

There is a more in depth posting regarding all of this somewhere, covering a lot the HTML and so forth. Let us know if you need more help with this brother.

2005/5/8 0:51Profile

Re: Years ago....

When I first began reading the Word, I was reading John 14:12, where Jesus told His disciples that they would do the works that He did and greater things than these. I thought, "YEA". That really appealed to my flesh. I even prayed to God, that He make that verse true in my life, regardless of the cost. I'm not sure I'd pray that today at all.
If only I had read on down the page, Jesus also said that if you love Me, you will keep my commandments.

See, it's impossible to be like Jesus and not be obedient. Jesus was obedient in all things, even unto death on the cross. So if we are to be discipled by Him through the Holy Spirit, step one is obedience. So is step two and all the rest. What a man of obedience Sammuel was, and Elijah. It's a key foundational reqisite for the true man of God.

In my own ministry, I've seen God do some really special things, much to my own amazement. The greatest of all of these is to witness a soul saved by faith through grace. Spectacular? Not to most. In our "church structure", many leave at the beginning of the altar call. So they miss much of God's finest work.
Walk on water? Turn water into wine? Not yet, in my ministry. But this I know. When I'm following the Spirit of God, there is a witness deep in my soul. I am more like an observer than anything else. The cup never quenches the thirst. Without the living water inside, the cup is worthless. it's all about the living water, and the cup need only be clean. Cleanliness comes from being washed in the blood and walking in obedience.

The palm branches and all the shouting of "hosanna" did not make the young colt King of kings. It was The Anointed One on his back that all the commotion was about. If that colt had walked down the same street without Jesus, it would have been unnoticed, unless it was running wild and breaking things of course.

Without Jesus on board, we are all nothing. With Him, all things are possible, even for the least of all saints.....like me. Thank You Jesus.

Without Him, I would be nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship, without any sail

2005/5/8 7:55
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Prophets

Quote:
It seems to me that usually people who demand titles are wanting to be looked up to. The Pharasees did that all the time. Why not live Jesus example of washing feet {being a servant}? Since we can't do anything without him {John 15:5}, why not take the seat {or title} of less prominence then when God shows up he gets all the glory instead of us. I'm not a prophet but if I was I still wouldn't want people to call me one. I've been allowed to preach a few thousand times but I still feel uncomfortable when someone asks me if I'm a preacher. No one can do anything spiritual without Jesus. It's not about us it's about him.

paul referred to himself as an apostle of jesus and preacher also. This was not an attempt to exhault himself but a statement to let people know what authority he had to speak. saying I am a prophet doesn't mean that I want to be called that or want to be exhaulted but it is a statement that ties to God whatever revelations I have to share with the body of believers. If I were to come out and say "God said to say XYZ' everyone would ask "how do you have such authority? are you an evangelist apostle prophet etc" see what I mean?

2005/5/11 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy