SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : U.S. Egg Shortage: Act of God or Man?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 U.S. Egg Shortage: Act of God or Man?

Have you noticed the price of eggs soaring at your local grocery store? The reputed culprit is an unprecedented outbreak of bird flu in 21 states across the nation. Since December of last year, hundreds of fowl have died after becoming infected with one of three strains of a highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) virus — H5N1, H5N8, and, mostly, the H5N2 strain. In an effort to prevent the illness from spreading, government authorities have slaughtered more than 48 million birds. According to the U.S.

Department of Agriculture (USDA), both commercial and backyard egg-laying flocks in 15 states are affected. Migrating waterfowl such as wild geese and ducks carrying the H5 flu strains have been found in another six states, posing a significant risk to domestic poultry in those areas because the virus is highly contagious. So far, it hasn’t proven a direct threat to humans, but it is taxing their ...

read more: http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors/item/21286-u-s-egg-shortage-act-of-god-or-man

2015/7/25 10:24Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: U.S. Egg Shortage: Act of God or Man?

With this and the FDA allowing chickens to be sent to China to be cleaned and then sent BACK to us AND they are removing the country of origin from all of our meat products... it seems that we are going to have to go back to a vegan lifestyle that Adam and Eve ate!!

What you do think?

2015/7/25 13:43Profile

Re:

I think it's a manufactured "shortage".

Time to pick up 12 hens and a rooster.

If I don't have to, I'd rather not do Vegan.

2015/7/25 18:25
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Well...Lisa, they might send the veggies to China to be cleaned and packaged...jk

Going vegan...and you may have to irrigate it, so where will you get your water if it gets dry? in some places they frown on collecting rain water or building a pond to collect water...lots of stupid people out there..seems to me they are making stupid laws that will rob people of the inititive or ability to sustain themselves.

Sandra

2015/7/25 22:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Hey! you can buy a cute chicken tractor at Sam's Club for your backyard...Some classy folks in the south have a few backyard hens that roam. It is considered cute. Go for it!

Sandra

2015/7/25 22:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What keeps the free roam chickens at home? Why don't they take off? Always wondered that. I have a feeling it's not an invisible fence.

2015/7/26 8:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

What keeps the free roam chickens at home? Why don't they take off? Always wondered that. I have a feeling it's not an invisible fence.

Feed. Give then some treats - stale, moldy bread, melon rind, etc - they will love you, much like a cat or dog. Having a dependable food supply will keep the birds close.

If they roam they will eat whatever insects, worms are in the grass - makes for a very yellow yolk - and a healthy bird.

They like a safe place to roost at night. They are not like a wild bird.

My husband loves his chickens. I say he is the most hen-pecked husband around...:-)

Having a few chickens will provide one with protein when other sources are in short supply. And be sure to have a rooster so a hen can hatch eggs.

This topic is a long ways from revival..

Sandra

2015/7/28 23:36Profile
proudpapa

Re: U.S. Egg Shortage: Act of God or Man?

Eggs are now at a 10 year low.

2016/12/22 16:17Profile

Re:

Well the chickens have come home to roost on this thread.

2016/12/22 17:20
proudpapa

Re:

FrankLira , That reminds me of your head covering comment/s

"And that about covers it."

2016/12/22 17:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy