SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what does God love?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
matc1v2to16

what does God love?

i would appreciate your thoughts on this concept....

(for lack of better phrasing, please don't take offense at these questions)

God loves us. Part of us is evil/sinful. Does that then mean that God loves evil? If not, then does that mean He only loves part of us? (the flaws inherent in everybody constitute a large part of who they are, if God only loves good, then God cannot fully love anyone in their entirety)

2005/5/3 20:51Profile
dohzman

Re: what does God love?

I'll start it off, we'll see where it goes from here ;-) In Gen 2 the Word of God says He breathed into man the breaths of (LIVES--plural) and man.....So when man died it was his spirit that died. John 20 we see Jesus breathing on the disciples... Now your question: For God so loved the world.... I'm a father of 4 children. I love each of them very much, even when they are unlovely, because I see them with all thier potential and possibility. I will never see them any differently. I believe in the same way God sees us. But unlike me , He knows the end from the begining. God is love---basically everything God does is conditioned by that Love and at all times He's working for our ultimate and highest good. He is holy---by holy I mean He is whole or complete with all the parts working as they were intended, in the same way we are to be Holy, that's what he wants for us. Well that's enough to get ALOT of discourse going around here :-D :-D :-D Blessing Bro. Daryl

2005/5/3 23:25Profile

Re: what does God love?

Quote:
God loves us. Part of us is evil/sinful. Does that then mean that God loves evil? If not, then does that mean He only loves part of us? (the flaws inherent in everybody constitute a large part of who they are, if God only loves good, then God cannot fully love anyone in their entirety)

That's why we come to Him through Jesus, who was perfect in every way. We come to God through Jesus and God sees us in Jesus - perfected (completed). Here are a few scriptures to consider.

[b]John 14:6[/b]
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

[b]Hebrews 10:14[/b]
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

What happens to the parts of us that God cannot love? They have to go down with the rest, because we are not allowed to hold on to anything. Even the [i]'good'[/i] bits have to be included in the death of Christ. Here's why -

[b]Isaiah 64:6[/b]
But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

You asked 'what does God love'?
[b]John 4:23[/b]
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

dohzman said
Quote:
'..basically everything God does is conditioned by that Love and at all times He's working for our ultimate and highest good. He is holy---by holy I mean He is whole or complete with all the parts working as they were intended, in the same way we are to be Holy, that's what he wants for us..'

Seeing we are still in battle, not to fulfil the lusts of the flesh but rather to walk in the Spirit, it may be helpful to look straight at God's attributes to find out what He approves of - love, truth, the beauty of holiness, integrity, justice... There is (much) more, but does this touch what you asked?

2005/5/4 17:44
dohzman

Re:

Good post! I needed thoughs scriptures for my own edification. Bro. Daryl

2005/5/4 18:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy