SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Russian bomber pilots delivered July Fourth message to U.S. jets [CNN]

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Russian bomber pilots delivered July Fourth message to U.S. jets [CNN]

Washington (CNN)"Good morning, American pilots. We are here to greet you on your Fourth of July Independence Day."

That was the message two Russian bombers delivered while flying within tens of miles of the California coast this month to the U.S. fighter jets that intercepted them, according to the North American Aerospace Defense Command.

The midair encounter between Russian Tu-95 "Bear" bombers and American F-15s came on the same day that Russian President Vladimir Putin sent congratulations to President Barack Obama for July Fourth.

The Russian pilots used an emergency aircraft communication channel to send the message, a NORAD spokesman told CNN on Wednesday, providing new details about an event first reported earlier this month.

He declined to describe the move as a threat but said the incident was "potentially destabilizing," because the Russian approach was unannounced and the bombers in question are nuclear capable.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/us-russian-bombers-july-4-intercept/index.html

[I might replace this with a better news source.]

2015/7/23 10:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Russian bomber pilots delivered July Fourth message to U.S. jets [CNN]

Where is Maverick and Iceman when we need them?

2015/7/23 14:55Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Or, that close? Katniss Everdeen.

2015/7/23 15:56Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Russian bomber pilots delivered July Fourth message to U.S. jets [CNN]

Or John J. Rambo!!

2015/7/24 7:09Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Or John Wayne...

2015/7/24 8:18Profile
Jeremy221

Re: intimidation

Have you heard of any other recent intimidation shows against the U.S. by Russia?

I've read about shows like this around the EU but this is the first I've heard close to US territory.

2015/7/24 8:47Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

i have not heard of any acts by Russia such as this one but I do believe this is something we should watch. I am not fearful because God is in control but I find the aggressive speech from Russia something to be in prayer about.
The world around us is changing rather quickly and I am sad to say not for the better.

thanks for the post
rdg

2015/7/24 12:36Profile

Re:

A few things we need to consider :
Our medias are controlled, just look up " Rupert Murdoch "
It is unlikely that we get balanced, unbiased information on our TV's - and I'm putting this as mildly as I can.
I would like to see an "aggressive speech from Russia..." straight from the source and in the original language and in the proper context. Would be interesting to see how much it has been twisted and filtered before it comes to us.
I agree the world around us is changing and not for the better. Imo the Dark Ages have started again but we don't fully realize and understand that. The problem has always been sin.
Let's be wise and have our lamps burning and full of oil!

2015/7/24 19:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy