Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abortion Ethics

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Abortion Ethics

This topic came up on the vaccine thread and I did not want to hijack that discussion. However this is a topic that warrants some discussion.

The issue, as plainly as I can state it, is whether it is unethical (or better, un-Christian) to make use of certain medical byproducts of abortions.

In other words, let's say a woman has an abortion. What's done is done, it's over. She has sinned horribly. However, certain byproducts, such as stem cells, have been shown to have great medical use.

If the purpose of the abortion was NOT to obtain these stem cells, is it wrong for a Christian to avail themselves of them? Obviously if a woman was paid by an unscrupulous researcher to have an abortion IN ORDER to obtain stem cells it is an entirely different matter.

If it is wrong, then how would it be different from a Christian needing a heart transplant to take one from a victim of 1st degree murder?

2015/7/9 13:23Profile
proudpapa

Re: Abortion Ethics

good topic, It does need a thread of its own.

2015/7/9 13:49Profile
proudpapa

Re: Abortion Ethics

TMK, what is your position in regards to embryonic stem cell research ?

2015/7/9 13:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not sure. My knee jerk reaction is that I would defintely be against it if it could be shown that the use of embryonic stem cells increases the number of abortions.

But I may be a tad inconsistent because I am not against organ transplants even though some persons are murdered for their organs.

2015/7/9 14:31Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Quote:
I am not sure. My knee jerk reaction is that I would defintely be against it if it could be shown that the use of embryonic stem cells increases the number of abortions.

What is everyones thoughts about embryonic stem cells derived from Cloned Human Embryos being used for research ?

edit : for clarity

2015/7/9 21:33Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Was not sure where to post this, either here or in the vaccine thread. This is WAY disturbing, absolutely demonic. If anyone believes that aborted baby parts, organs, or tissue is not being sold by or to the medical industry for profit you may want to watch this.

Please proceed with caution.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/368308-a-disturbing-video-about-planned-parenthood-has-come-out-and-its-setting-the-internet-on-fire/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

2015/7/14 23:10Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Planned Parenthood's Fetal Flaw - Tony Perkins

http://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20150714/planned-parenthood-fetal

2015/7/15 17:13Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I believe if you give the devil an inch, he will take a mile.

2015/7/15 21:53Profile
Sree

Re:

According to me, unless and until it is openly advertised that they kill babies to make these medicines, we as Christians can use those medicines. We are not asked to be deductives to go looking for how each and every thing that we consume is made off. Paul advised Romans to eat the meat available in market without asking question. He did not ask them to go and investigate whether they have used it for idol worship or not. But if they advertise that the meat is special meat offered to idols then we are asked not to eat for the sake of those who sell not for ours. For us all things are clean.

2015/7/16 1:46Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

my original information with vaccines was because i was debating non christian groups who actually hate God and reject vaccines because of "big pharma" conspiracies. but when the aborted baby issue was raised it has brought me to a struggle in my reasoning as this was the argument in my original debates. While we where having the discussion on sermon index we had only just vaccinated our baby and a week later one of our children came home with influenza as well as an outbreak of hooping cough in his school. i know both sides of the argument and to me at this stage they both reason out equally in all areas except that ultimately our faith in our Father can protect us from disease. then we must apply the same reasoning to all medical areas. At this stage i still need to hear a deep answer from the word that covers all areas of the vaccine debate.

It is helpful hearing everyone views on the matter. the Lord had also referred me back to the verse of "food sacrificed to idols" but i haven't fully revealed the meaning for myself yet and where it will lead me

2015/9/2 14:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy