SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : But as it is in truth, the Word of God...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 But as it is in truth, the Word of God...

Last night at Bible school brother Shawn shared with all the men about the idea that the Bible is God's word and that disciples of Jesus Christ need to treat the Bible as it is the very words of God.

Here are some scriptures He shared from:

[b]1 Thessalonians 2:13[/b] - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye recieved the word of God which ye heard of us, ye recieved it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

His preaching on these scripture really touched my heart that we are too see the Word of God as it is and not argue with it. If it states it then we are to believe and act on the word of God.

Another scripture he shared which was interesting was:

[b]Matthew 5:1[/b] - And seeing the multitudes, he went up tinot a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

He shared that there are still "multitudes" of people that come to hear the word of God but do not truly believe it is the Word of God, treating it as the word of men. How true can this even be of churches.

I thought I would just share this and it would be a great thing to meditate on and discuss further.. ;-)

2005/5/2 16:31Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: But as it is in truth, the Word of God...

How's this for starters?

Rev. 19:13
[i]And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.[/i]

Christ and the Word of God are One

“By the Holy Spirit the Word is Christ. [i]IT IS NOT A STATEMENT OF THINGS, IT IS THE EXPRESSION OF A PERSON. [/i] What we mean to say is, that we have to take the same attitude toward the Word, that we take toward Christ. We have to face the Word of the Lord in the same way that we face the Lord Himself. It is not something of the Lord presented to us in words, but it is the Lord Himself coming to us. We cannot reject any part of His Word and keep Him. We cannot divide between the Lord and His Word. People seem to think that they can take some of the things the Lord has said and leave others. The Word is one. The Word is the Lord. To refuse the Word in any part, is to refuse the Lord, is to limit the Lord, is to say, in effect: Lord, I do not want You! Lord, I will not have You! It is not that we will not have the Word, but that we will not have the Lord Himself, for the two are one: “His name is called The Word of God.” “The Word became flesh....” You cannot get in between, the two are one. He is the Word of God. God does not come to us in statements, He comes to us in Person, and the challenge is to take an attitude, not towards the things said, but towards the Lord Himself" (emphasis added).

From: Chapter 11 - The Heavenly Man and the Word of God (Continued)
In: The Stewardship of the Mystery - Volume 1
by T. Austin-Sparks

2005/5/2 18:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy