SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ken Ham: The Government Will Begin to Move Against Christian Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Ken Ham: The Government Will Begin to Move Against Christian Churches

This ruling in favor of gay "marriage" by the Supreme Court is actually going to fundamentally change the culture in America, and apart from a miracle of God—a special movement of God—this is going to be basically an irreversible situation.

I really believe that to understand what is happening to America now, read Romans 1. That is really a picture of what is going on. We're going to see increased persecution against Christians; we're going to see increased antagonism toward Christianity. We're going to see the restriction of the free exercise of religion, freedom of religion and free speech in this nation, particularly in regard to Christianity.

I believe we're going to see the government move against Christian churches, colleges, institutions and organizations that take a stand on biblical marriage as God commands us to in the Bible going back to the book of Genesis.

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/50308-ken-ham-the-government-will-begin-to-move-against-christian-churches

2015/6/30 0:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Ken Ham: The Government Will Begin to Move Against Christian Churches

Ok, this gets a little confusing. Ken and other Christian leaders are coming out with dire forebodings about how persecution is coming to the Christian church.

But Jesus says to "rejoice" when this happens. So why all the dire forebodings?

2015/6/30 8:09Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I think we need an "ultimate reality" check.

We need to practice our rejoicing. We DO serve the only Sovereign. I do not expect things to improve. The Bible clearly paints a dire and foreboding portrait of the time of the end. Yet, if we roll over on our backs stiff legged in fear we dishonor our King and we fail to equip ourselves with that stirring up of hope that we will need as the press gets truly difficult to withstand.

This gay marriage decision is a serious matter. We have no reason for optimism about the world moving forward, but it is not as if we should ever have been peppy about this place anyhow. In my limited, weak view, I do believe that last week is a large marker of a spiritual shift in the world in even greater deceit and opposition to Christ. However, we should allow this to inform us how to rejoice in hope in the face of it all.

The political involvement of Christians in America has trained us to think in terms of winning and losing at tug of war. When the "other side" of that apparatus gains strength, we think we are losing and our instinct is to moan. That's crazy, if I might say so. Instead of moaning, we should be looking to and hasting the Day of the Lord. We should be gathering together more frequently with words of exhortation and edifying each other. We should prepare ourselves to speak the Truth to the hostiles around us about the reason for the hope we have.

Richard Wurmbrand taught that believers should shop without buying, to walk into stores and pass by all the things we think we need and say, "I don't need that", "I don't need this'", "I can live without that." And so on.

This is our time to shine. Not America's time. The Church. The capital C Church. The Bride. Our Groom is on His way. He is coming to take us to His prepared place. He is going to whip everything and everyone that is opposed to Him. That includes, likely, people you and I now love. His Spirit is being poured out. We need to redeem this uniquely vital time.

Of course the government is going to move against churches. That is ultimately what the homosexual movement is doing anyway. It is ultimately what earthly powers of every kind are doing anyway. Praise God! This is His hour. This is His doing and it is marvellous in our eyes, or it better get that way.

2015/6/30 8:40Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Ok, this gets a little confusing. Ken and other Christian leaders are coming out with dire forebodings about how persecution is coming to the Christian church.
But Jesus says to "rejoice" when this happens. So why all the dire forebodings?///

Ken Ham and others are just warning the Church to imbrace for the inevitable. That should not be mocked as it is perfectly biblical.
In The midst of persecution there is a rejoicing In that it will soon be over and than will be our reward.
But lets not pretend to be more spiritual than what we really are, the fact is they will first come after our children and drug and institutionalize them untill they reprogram them to think like society.
Those who have children and grandchildren are not to enthusiastic about this.

2015/6/30 9:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I wrote this about 2 years ago:

A TSUNAMI IS COMING

I recently watched a short documentary on the sad events of the December 26, 2004, tsunami that hit Indonesia and caused almost a quarter of a million deaths. It is well known as the Boxing Day Tsunami.
The video showed the Tsunami spreading to different regions, hitting the shores of heavily populated areas. What struck me was the complacency of the people in the different areas, even the amusement of it all. At one beach they see a white crescent on the distant horizon spreading across the entire large bay. People watch mesmerized as this white crescent comes nearer and nearer. When the wave swallows up two ships in the bay some of the watchers realize the magnitude of the event that is about to strike but for most it is too late. In another shoreline people smile and laugh in amusement as the entire bay is emptied of water and ships are beached. It begins as a spectacle that is full of fun and amusement as people take pictures. As the water came back in they considered it something fun to watch. When the wave struck that shoreline, many were caught unawares; their running was in vain and multitudes were screaming as they were swallowed in the waves and dragged back out to sea, never to return.
As I watched the video a great sobriety came over me—not just over the deaths of so many people—of what is about to come upon the Christians of the world, with some of us not being aware of the times we are living in. Many of us do not believe this could be the end of time.
Just as the tsunami came without warning, so will the end times persecution come upon many Christians unawares. I am not arguing for any type of position of the rapture of the church, whether pre or post, in this short article. Yet I believe firmly that we will all feel like we are in the great tribulation when this end time persecution wave hits the Church. The birth pains will become worse and worse, and many of those that have believed in a pre-tribulation rapture that would have them escape from all suffering will be 100% unprepared for what is going to come upon them.
Persecution of Christians has not diminished, but has been increasing yearly world wide.
More Christians were martyred in the twentieth century than in all previous centuries combined. Most of the Apostles (Philip, Matthew, Mark, Peter, Paul) were martyred. Many were martyred in the Middle Ages (Huss, Jerome, Joan of Arc). Between 1540 and 1570 over one million Protestants were publicly put to death in various countries in Europe. Overall, some 50 million were martyred by the Roman Catholic inquisition for heresy between 606 AD and the middle of the nineteenth century. Protestant reformers (Tyndale, Latimer, Cranmer) were martyred. Some 20 million were martyred during the 70 years of Russian atheism and Communism.
The Apostle John said to the Church in his day that they should not be surprised if the world hated them.846 Our Lord Jesus said in the Gospel of Luke that all men will hate us.847 But our Lord also gives us comfort in these words: “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first.”848
“Persecution is always meant for evil, but God always means it for good. And is it not better to suffer in this life to have an extra weight of glory in heaven?”849
May we prepare in our minds to suffer for the Name of Christ in our bodies.850 May we be aware of the times and seasons that are coming upon us.

---

I believe these things are just warnings and encouragements for us as believers to be salt and light and expect hard times.

2015/6/30 11:58Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Brother Greg

when i heard of the Gay marriage decisions in America my spirit was troubled for days, with out me seeing any posts from Christians and the first thing that the holy spirit told me was that the persecution of Christians in the western world will now rapidly increase. My heart sunk not because of my own salvation but for my family members that don't believe and what my children will go through. Although Australia is fighting it at the moment it will go the same way as America as our media has basically ridiculed Christianity for years and our government departments. the holy spirit brought to my attention the 10 brides maids and this has stayed on my mind since. But in all this i say Let the father be glorified in all of his righteousness and the world will soon tremble when it see's the King of Kings in all his glory.

2015/7/10 11:49Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Ken Ham: The Government Will Begin to Move Against Christian Churches

No one that believes in pre-trib (that I know) thinks they are going to be here. So all these "DIRE WARNINGS" are going to go in one ear and out the other.

Just saying... but that's just my two cents.

2015/7/10 19:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy