SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : JULY 4, 2015 FASTING AND PRAYER FOR REVIVAL OF REPENTANCE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

JULY 4, 2015 FASTING AND PRAYER FOR REVIVAL OF REPENTANCE

In light of the horrific abominable disasters that are happening in the USA, I cannot "celebrate" a day of independence this year.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ecc 3:1 and 4

At a time like this, I believe that God would be pleased to see weeping in his children.

Joe 1:13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
Joe 1:14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,
Joe 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Joe 2:17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?
Joe 2:18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Act 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

Act 12:11 And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

Regardless of the intensity of the darkness, if we pray, God will burst this darkness with brilliant heavenly light.

2015/6/28 1:37Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: JULY 4, 2015 FASTING AND PRAYER FOR REVIVAL OF REPENTANCE

A few years ago at a rummage sale I picked up this book: "The New Directory For Baptist Churches" written in 1894. When I read the section on prayer and prayer meetings, I understood why the Baptists and many other denominations of that era had been SO influential over the lives of the average Americans of that time.

When I read in the section about "The temperance prayer meeting" my heart was pricked with conviction and I wept. After describing the "gigantic iniquity of the saloon, and the drink habit", the writer lamentingly states: "With churches so apathetic, and good people on every hand so indifferent, the rum power rides riot over all that is fairest and best in society, destroying homes, impoverishing nations, and invading the sacred altars of our holy religion."

This writer was SO disturbed about the apathy in the churches toward the horrible destruction of alcoholism in that day, and LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE TODAY!

Is there any way that the churches can be shaken out of our apathy and return to that kind of earnest prayer that SO affected the USA of that day?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152821939256326&set=pcb.563334633805942&type=1&theater

2015/6/30 22:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy