SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A moment to testify, please

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

A moment to testify, please

Folks, I wanted to share a moment of testimony.

God is good in His dealings with us. And, I am thankful to Him this week for a kind and measure of His grace that I had not known before now. It enabled me and a brother in Christ to sit on opposite sides of a hotly contested criminal defense case where I represent the defendant and he was one of the lead investigators into the matter. God's grace allowed us to do our jobs in opposition to one another, zealously and with true courtroom confrontation, but with full love and respect to one another at the same time. It was something entirely new in my walk with the Lord to be able to have a rather serious opposition to someone and openly, aggressively and very publicly challenge their assertions all the while having complete warmth toward them and almost a desire to embrace them in the midst of it. It was an inner working of the Holy Spirit that ---- and forgive me ---- is almost like walking on water in terms of the supernatural way God did what He did there.

That brother and I met outside of court before and during breaks in the trial and were not only courteous to each other, but genuinely lovingly kind-hearted to each other. It went beyond being professional this week to walking out the profession of our faith. I've just never encountered it like this.

By the way, this brother is part of our home group. :)

We had a private conversation a moment ago where he actually tried to apologize to me about an answer to a question he gave me during the trial (he thought he may have misunderstood my question in a way that would have made his answer sort of smart-alecky), but I reassured him that his answer was entirely spot on (and one reason I did not challenge it as I cross examined him!) and he understood my question perfectly and there was nothing to forgive.

I want to testify that God's grace was given to us both. That neither of us is good enough in our own flesh and power to think this way toward one another. That God is so gracious Himself to impart Himself to us that we can walk together anyway.

2015/6/19 15:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: A moment to testify, please

Awesome!
Indeed our Father is gracious and this is a wonderful example of how we should grow in that grace, as we walk by faith, compelled by His love.
Thanks for sharing brother Tim

2015/6/20 10:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy