Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

I read Elisabeth Elliot's book on Amy Carmichael and on God's Guidance, both excellent volumes. Do share any quotes that you have been blessed by this sisters ministry.

“Of one thing I am perfectly sure: God's story never ends in ashes.” - Elisabeth Elliot

“I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it.” - Elisabeth Elliot

“God never witholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful.” - Elisabeth Elliot

“There is nothing worth living for, unless it is worth dying for.” - Elisabeth Elliot

“Many deaths must go into reaching our maturity in Christ, many letting goes.” - Elisabeth Elliot

2015/6/17 16:21Profile
yuehan

Re: Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

This thread is a great idea, Greg!

"I think of Wayne Oates who said the process of giving up false gods to worship the one true God is Christian maturation. This is part of what I was trying to say in 'No Graven Image'. At that point I realized that every experience of life is a breaking down of some image and replacing it with God. But we keep making new graven images and they must be shattered. That’s what experience is. Sometimes it’s the image of ourselves, the image of the way our lives are supposed to work that has to be destroyed in order for us to worship the one true God."

"You are loved with an everlasting love – that's what the Bible says – and underneath are the everlasting arms."

2015/6/18 11:37Profile
mama27

Re:

This link has 165 of Elisabeth Elliot's quotes. She spoke in such a profound way that it would be futile to try to pick out my favorites, thus I am including the link here.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/6264.Elisabeth_Elliot?page=2

Also for any who are in the Massachusetts area, they have posted the information for her services on her website
elisabethelliot.org

2015/6/18 16:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

If you click on elisabethelliot.org you will find a wonderful article written for teens concerning moral purity. I posted this link on my FB page - lots of folks there who could benefit, I think.

Thanks for sharing this, mama.

Sandra

2015/6/19 9:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

Lots of good ones...here is one:

“Work is a blessing. God has so arranged the world that work is necessary, and He gives us hands and strength to do it. The enjoyment of leisure would be nothing if we had only leisure. It is the joy of work well done that enables us to enjoy rest, just as it is the experiences of hunger and thirst that make food and drink such pleasures.”

Sandra

2015/6/19 10:01Profile
mama27

Re:

From Elisabeth:

"The deepest things that I have learned in my own life have come from the deepest suffering. And out of the deepest waters and the hottest fires, have come the deepest things that I know about God."

Sometimes when I am wimpy, I don't want this to be true. But whether I want it or not, it is in fact true....

2015/6/19 11:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Sometimes when I am wimpy, I don't want this to be true. But whether I want it or not, it is in fact true....

I agree. I have noticed that my reactions are quite revealing, informing me what is wrong and needing to be fixed.

Sandra

2015/6/19 18:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy