SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : This Protestant Denomination Just Blessed Same-Sex Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think this explains it pretty well:

The Bible is explicit about divorce and remarriage. In the Old Testament, Moses permitted a man to obtain a divorce on just about any grounds. "If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled.

That would be detestable in the eyes of the Lord. Do not bring sin upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance" (Deuteronomy 24:1-4). Later on, in the New Testament, when Jesus was asked about divorce, He replied that Moses gave permission to divorce because of the hardness of their hearts. He said that in the beginning it was not this way. Jesus continued, "Haven't you read that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?" So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" (Matthew 19:4-6).

Before God, marriage is a lifetime relationship that should never be severed by human action. In the book of Malachi, God says that He hates divorce" (Malachi 2:16). God's perfect will is the preservation of society and future generations by the preservation of marriages. God will give anyone great help in sustaining a marriage relationship or in the reconciliation of estranged marriage partners. In extreme cases, there are only two grounds for divorce and remarriage. When adultery has take place, a divorce can be obtained, because adultery has already severed the marriage relationship and divorce is a formal acknowledgment of what has already taken place.

The apostle Paul added to the teachings of Jesus what is called the "Pauline privilege." According to this concept, Paul taught that if an unbelieving spouse leaves a believer, the believer is not bound to the marriage relationship, but is free to remarry" (1 Corinthians 7:15). And some people recognize such a thing as a "constructive desertion," which would be when a husband so brutalizes his wife that it is impossible to live with him any longer; or when a wife has so harassed, or brutalized her husband that it becomes impossible for him to stay with her. When that happens, whether or not the person actually moves out, the situation is the equivalent of desertion, and divorce and remarriage are permissible.

Except for these reasons, there is no justification given in the Bible for divorce. No grounds exist for divorce on the basis of incompatibility, lack of love, or differing career goals. Frankly, it seems impossible that two born-again Christians who are dedicated to serving Jesus Christ can find any grounds for divorce.

Obviously, when a person who does not have biblical grounds for divorce remarries, he or she is technically committing adultery.

2015/6/3 13:34Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

mr bill you are correct if your wife cheats on you then you are not in sin.

2015/6/3 17:22Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Thank you Sandra for your thoughtful comments and Biblical defense of marriage. Not many are defending the Scriptural teaching of one man and one woman for life. Thank you once again. I have read many of your posts in various topics and appreciate your clear writing abilities.

2015/6/3 22:17Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Since my account is still open, and because I have Many good friends whom are being severally hurt by the type of condemnation that is being promoted on this thread, I would like to point out:

RE: ///Thank you Sandra for your thoughtful comments and Biblical defense of marriage.///

Sandra is not defending Biblical marriage as defined by Jesus!
She is using a Neo-Anabaptist interpatation to cast stones of condemnation on every single confessing Christian that has been remarried no matter the circumstance.(except for death)
We find men like David Bercot doing the same thing in his book "T.K.T.T.T.W.U.D.".
on pages 54-55 Bercot side steps Jesus definition, by argueing between the difference in a partnership and a corporation.

Friends, you are hurting many many people!

2015/6/4 7:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

PP-

Where does she say this on this thread?

I certainly agree that Jesus did carve out an exception to the general rule of "no divorce" but I don't see where this is disputed on this thread.

2015/6/4 8:12Profile
proudpapa

Re:

TMK Asked : ///PP-
Where does she say this on this thread?///

((edit : add : RE: ///However, all of the churches that support it are those that have caved into accepting remarriage after divorce with a spouse living.///))

TMK Asked :
///I certainly agree that Jesus did carve out an exception to the general rule of "no divorce" but I don't see where this is disputed on this thread.///

The disagreement in this thread is over the issue : In cases of adultery, is the innocent party free to remarry ? The Neo-Anabaptist says no!
Knowing this and Understanding the sisters view and understanding the fullness of her first statement, Savannah rightly pointed out that the early (16th century) Anabaptist including Menno Simons the founder of the Mennonite heritage believed yes the the innocent party is free to remarry.

The ignorance of her statement that savanaah pointed out was because she used the word heritage, Savannah rightly pointed out that her view was not held by the founders of her heritage.
And from my personal study it seems to not have been a widly held view by Mennonites untill 1900 at which time some became stricter.

This was her response :

RE: ///What all these Mennonite writers had to say about d&r may be interesting but they are not the Holy Writ. It just high lights the weakness of relying on contemporary writers speaking authoritative to issues instead of Scritpure.///

Her response was a clear admission to that of Savannahs assumption, : that her original post included an attack on the Christians whom believe like the 16th century anabaptist that the innocent party is free to remarry.

And understanding the fullness of her first post, is why Savanna said of the statement that it was arrogant : She just condemend every single confessing Christian that has been remarried no matter the circumstance.(except for death)

2015/6/4 19:42Profile

Re:

Grace has room for all but grace doesn't condone all.

2015/6/4 20:48
rbanks

Re:

I have not posted in a while but wow...it is hard to believe that some people can’t even make a godly distinction between natural and unnatural sex.

The scripture plainly says that God created them male and female. God created sex to only be between a male and a female. This means God approves of the male and female marriage bed? This also means that God has never, not even one time, ever approve of the (male and male) or (female and female) sexual union. This sin is an abomination period and never has been nor ever will be acceptable in God’s eyes.

The bible says woe to them that call evil good and good evil. I would have to say woe to the person who places the sin of homosexuality on the same level as one who has remarried after their former marriage was over because of sexual immorality. I will repeat that homosexual relations have never ever been nor ever will be acceptable to God.
People who cannot or will not make a distinction have a serious problem.

Any person who accepts homosexuality as being acceptable to practice before God has been greatly deceived and is endanger of losing their soul.

Blessings to all!

2015/6/4 21:46Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

those who practice homosexuality are in sin and it is not acceptable to God that is true and I agree with that. my only question is what sins are acceptable to God? isn't sin, sin and doesn't all sin lead to death and separation from God?

i think anyone who is accepting of sin, whether it be lying, stealing, rebellious,prideful, filled with lust, fornication, abortion, murder, or homosexuality is in danger of losing their soul. God says that sin leads to death so I am pretty sure all sin is unacceptable in the eyes of the Lord.

2015/6/4 23:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

The blessings of same sex marriages by church and state is the greatest abomination in my eyes ,because of the blasphemy that the churches comit
In Christos name ,and the the satanic web that the state is
Weaving in satans name ,do what tho shalt will ,,,,
This web has many traps and snares designed by satan to snare the homosexual in to utter bondage ,through the deception that the practice is excpted by God and mans culture ,desolving the effectiveness of the of the ground ,whereby the gospel seed is effectually sowen in order to produce good fruit ......

And the freedom of speech relating to the proclamation of the gospel and the teaching of scripture ,how that will be effected and suffer ,that we will not be able to led a quite and peaceable life and expound the holy message as we have been able to on the past ,and the fact that multiple wife's and husbands will be the next of satans list ,through the supreme courts rulings and the passing of bills in parliament and satan will ,,,,,unless we have an awakening ,,,,,,, succeed in breaking down the family unit and and the idea of the sacredness of husband and wife ,to a mear expression of the lusts of the flesh , which will undermine the concence of an allready further depraved and fallen adamic Western race of people ........."........"....

Are we hopingto hold off the invevabtel flood of the enemy with debates and idol words of complaining ??????

OHHH that God would pour out the spitrt of prayer and supplication on to us ,that we might join with God in truly expressing a heart for revived...

Thats all we have left regarding a real hope that is not seen in a practical context

that God would break us with a holy burden , or I may as well die , rather then watch our western hertiige go down the shit pipes to the lowest parts of the sewares

GOD HELP us

2015/6/5 7:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy