SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Ascension – The Hour of Jesus Homecoming

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ascension – The Hour of Jesus Homecoming

Do you know what it is like to be able to go home after having been away for a long time – to be welcome there, and to have someone waiting for you who’s made everything ready? That’s what God the Father is like!

Three times our Lord Jesus said that He was going to the Father – in John 16:5 and 10. And in John 14:28, He says, “I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”…

We can scarcely imagine how it was when Jesus entered the Father’s house. The Father’s arms were opened wide for Him and all the angels worshiped Him. How the Father must have waited until at last He could hold His Son in His arms again! It must have been a celebration that could have gone on forever. Then Jesus took His place at the side of God the Father on His throne and on that day the Psalm verse began to be fulfilled, that all His enemies would be placed at His feet. That is why in our troubles, sins and temptations, we can say triumphantly, “Your enemies and ours are lying at Your feet!” Whoever calls upon the name of Jesus, the Lord who has risen and ascended into heaven, will experience help, deliverance and release.

Listen here: https://canaaninthedesert.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/ascension-the-hour-of-jesus-homecoming/

2015/5/14 14:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Ascension – The Hour of Jesus Homecoming

Ron Owens on his facebook wrote this and I thought it would be helpful to share:

--

ASCENSION DAY!
I just received an email from Anglican friends in England reminding me that this is Ascension Day and that they were planning to sing “The Cross is Bare, The Tomb is Empty and the Throne is Occupied!!” In my hurrying and scurrying around today I had almost forgotten it. Ascension Day is also known by some denominations as Holy Thursday on which we commemorate the bodily ascension of our Lord into heaven. It is one of the feasts universally celebrated by Christian churches, though not so much among we Baptists. Ascension Day is traditionally celebrated on a Thursday, the fortieth day after Easter, following the account given in Acts 1:3, although some denominations have moved the observance to the following Sunday, which will be next Sunday.
“...And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that he was parted from them and carried up into heaven. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God” (Luke 24:50-53).
When our Lord ascended, He left behind a cross that was bare, a tomb that was empty, and he was on His way to occupy His throne. Hallelujah!

2015/5/14 23:03Profile

Re:

Thank you for this glorious reminder!
Leslie

2015/5/14 23:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy