SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Texas legislature seeks to counter same-sex marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Texas legislature seeks to counter same-sex marriage

Leaders of civil-rights and liberal groups are warning Texas lawmakers not to damage the state’s economy and reputation by passing bills designed to undercut a possibly favorable ruling on same-sex marriage by the U.S. Supreme Court this summer.

As deadlines for passing bills begin to kick in this week, the Legislature’s two chambers could take floor action on Monday and Tuesday on as many as three bills on same-sex marriage.

Proponents say the measures are necessary to defend states’ rights and religious freedom against activist federal judges and gay rights zealots. Critics say the bills are blatant efforts to turn back the clock and deny equal treatment to people with a different sexual orientation or gender identity. ...

read more: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/05/gay-rights-advocates-warn-bills-would-undercut-favorable-court-ruling-on-same-sex-marriage.html/

2015/5/13 11:50Profile

Re: Texas legislature seeks to counter same-sex marriage

Why are these kinds of news clippings constantly popping up Greg?

To clarify, the news articles about gay legislation.

They don't speak about Revival. They don't speak about God. They don't speak about righteous. (Phil. 4:8)

Anyone that can access this website can access news that speaks of these things.

Why are you making it a habit to constantly publish/promote/post them?

Isn't this website focused on the idea of revival?

In #8 of SI's community guiding principles, you state it yourself (my emphasis added):

Quote:
We have found that discussions pertaining to *politics*, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.

This is politics and constantly in the news section. I *ask* that they stop, since this website is about revival and not legislation in America.

2015/5/13 12:36
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

This is an need of prayer for the body of Christ, as gay marriage and gay ministers have become a very serious issue in the body of Christ and we have followed and alerted the saints to this for years.

Praying for these things still is very important but most have given up that prayer can change these things and especially those christian denominations that have embraced gay marriage, very little concerted prayer and effort has been made in this way, that is my personal observation. I would say that the effort was not made by those who were not involved in the situations, we as by-standers are allowing these things to happen, and are shocked and speaking against them but not praying.

This was posted not to debate but pray over and see the need to do so.

As per https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/

News and Current Events
Discuss and pray about many events that are happening worldwide.

2015/5/13 13:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thank you Greg! Thank God I live in Texas, were folks are willing to stand up to evil.

2 Chronicles 7:14.....if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Maybe if Texas is part of the country that prays, and is a part of tuning from this countries wicked ways, God will Bless Texas, and heal of of everything we need. He said he will heal their land, well Texas is a land. Just because some states may go down with this sinking ship country, maybe God will find a way to keep the states that are willing to turn from and pray against this evil afloat.

For those that are not in the know, if you are "called" and your not a part of seeking God's face, and helping this country turn from it's wicked ways, he will not hear from Heaven nor will he forgive your sins, nor will he heal your land, pretty simple and to the point.

I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm only trying to open the eye's of some that may not know what 2 Chronicles 7:14 is saying. So let's all please Pray.

2015/5/13 14:06Profile

Re:

You post it in an area to 'discuss and pray' yet you don't want discussion, by your own words. Strange.

At the end of the day, it's not profitable. I hope/pray one day you will see it.

2015/5/13 14:30
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This is exactly the reason these things are even happening today, it's because "Today's Church" has done it's very best to avoid these issues. Twenty to thirty years ago you would not even have heard about these issues, because the Church stood together, but as you can see, the Church is very divided today, just like some of the gospel being preached.

2015/5/13 14:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Bill,

Yes, thank you for bringing these points out. It seems commitment to local churches is at a all-time low. People are simply dis-engaging and not praying and being involved. It is the easy road for an individual but in the end is allowing what we are seeing in the culture to exasperate quickly.

I highly respect those saints who I know who are still in their denominations where the compromise is occurring and praying and being salt and light.

2015/5/13 15:04Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

There are some that get very upset when you mention anything on Sermon Index that has to do with government. They are kind of like the liberals that cringe when they see the Ten Commandments in a Court House or prayer at a High School football game. To them it is total separation of church and state. Most of our forefathers did not see it this way. Most of them were Christian men who left their lands because of religious persecution and had the goal of making America a shining light on a hill, and this light was the light of Jesus Christ. The early universities that are almost totally humanistic today were training centers for young men that had a call on their lives, preparing them for the ministry.

Now, I truly do see the point of view of those that believe that government has no place in a forum where Jesus Christ is lifted up, and that we are not to put our confidence or trust in any body of government or any man for that matter.

That being said, we have a responsibility to occupy to the Lord comes back, and that means that we are here to let our lights shine for Jesus Christ, and claim wherever God has placed us for the kingdom of God.

This is a realm outside of the church. God has put many of us in businesses, factories, law enforcement,and some as elected officials in government.

But wherever God has put us, it is not merely to make a living. He has placed us there as His representatives, His ambassadors, representing His Kingdom, and we are to do everything for His glory and honor.

2015/5/13 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy