SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham Makes Urgent Call to Intercessors in America

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Franklin Graham Makes Urgent Call to Intercessors in America

It doesn't take a prophet to see that we are in a pivotal moment in our nation's history. But sometimes it does take a bold evangelist willing to speak out about why.

As nine U.S. Supreme Court justices consider arguments brought before the court on April 28 about whether to make same-sex marriage a constitutional right, Franklin Graham says need to pray fervently for the wisdom and counsel of God to work its way into their hearts and minds of those making this momentous decision.

"The impending decision will rank as the most historic and far-reaching judgment of the 21st century. If our nation's highest court decrees same-sex marriage as the law of the land, the consequences will be great," Graham said.

"It sets the stage for persecution of believers committed to living by the truth of God's Holy Word. Join me in praying for each of the justices: Chief Justice John G. Roberts and Justices Elena Kagan, Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, and Sonia Sotomayor."

Will you pray?

from: http://www.charismanews.com/us/49576-franklin-graham-makes-urgent-call-to-intercessors-in-america

2015/5/11 22:14Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Franklin Graham Makes Urgent Call to Intercessors in America

I could be wrong but I think this will pass and one of the reasons is that "a house divided against itself cannot stand" (Mark 3>25) and the church in America is divided into so many issues and pieces, it's unreal.

You guys might tar and feather me but I think this (same sex marriage) is the least of our problems. It's the anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage and the "c"hurch lost that a long time ago. (There are pockets of anointing here and there but not like it should be and will be one of these days!)

You wanna get bent out of shape about something? Get bent out of shape about what God is doing or NOT DOING in your life. Jesus said, "Go to the upper room and be filled with POWER." Do you have power to live an overcoming life? If not, how can you expect the Supreme Court to pass laws to make other's live an overcoming life? You can't.

Get bent out of shape about your own life and then let that overcoming power flow out from you. We do not have to preach 'against' something for people to get delivered and set free! Be a lighthouse of what God can do in a person's life!

God bless us and help us to live an overcoming life,
Lisa

2015/5/12 6:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Lisa-

Amen, amen, amen!

2015/5/12 7:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Franklin Graham Makes Urgent Call to Intercessors in America

Franklin Graham

Pray,for the Supreme Court that God would direct their hearts based on His will and holy word, concerning same-sex marriage

"But from the beginning of creation, God
made them male and female. For this
cause shall a man leave his father and
mother and cleave to his wife." (Mark
10: 6,7)

2015/5/12 7:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lysa said: You guys might tar and feather me but I think this (same sex marriage) is the least of our problems.

I couldn't agree with you more Lysa.

Quote:
Lysa said: You wanna get bent out of shape about something? Get bent out of shape about what God is doing or NOT DOING in your life.

Amen!

Who cares what the State does??? Seriously. The early church didn't. They weren't petitioning the Romans to vote against the persecution. They were lights in a dark world.

Let's stop looking to the State for ANYTHING and look to God who is the ONLY one who can save, deliver, and lead us.

I look forward to the persecution in America. Why? Because then all the fake Christians will deny Christ and will finally have a few pure ones that remain. I find it difficult to witness because of all these fake Christians. Lord, bring your fire in our lives! Bring it soon!

2015/5/12 10:34
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Who cares what the State does??? Seriously. The early church didn't. They weren't petitioning the Romans to vote against the persecution. They were lights in a dark world."

"I look forward to the persecution in America. Why? Because then all the fake Christians will deny Christ and will finally have a few pure ones that remain. I find it difficult to witness because of all these fake Christians. Lord, bring your fire in our lives! Bring it soon!"

Brother,

This is the reason why we pray for those in authority, it is so that we would live quite and peaceable lives in all godliness and honesty. Not all persecution is God's will, although God can use it. Do you think Isis chopping off the heads of children and raping women is God's will? It is persecution, but we pray for those that are being persecuted. Do you pray for the Church in North Korea?

It should matter to you what the Supreme Court decides, because if gay marriage becomes the law of the land, it will completely change the society and culture that we are living in. You think that homosexuality is tolearted now? it is going to be in our children's school books as being a normal lifestyle. Gay marriage is not going to be the end of the gay agenda. Most homosexuals have multiple sex partners. Some groups want to make it legal to have sex with under age boys.

God is going to deal with the fake Christians brother, and He has got many ways to do it, but you need to see the difference between what God is doing and what the devil is doing in our nation. The devil comes to steal, kill, and to destroy. It is not God's will for more people to be in bondage to sexual perversion. It is the Lord's will that men would be saved and set free from all sin.

Brother, you have expressed on several occassions your dislike of Franklin Graham, and maybe that is why it is so difficult for you to accept any truth that is coming from him.

If you are looking forward to some persecution, I can tell you how to get some. Go to San franciso and witness to some homosexuals or go to Dearborn Michigan and witness to the Muslim community.

2015/5/12 11:22Profile

Re:

AbideInHim, I'd encourage you to read (or reread) Lysa's comments as they are more on point to my heart.

Do I pray for the persecuted church? Yes. The church in Syria has been on my heart from time to time.

And please don't generalize me. Just because you see 'my dislike for Graham', I'd encourage you to look at my words at any of those threads. Graham, Pope, Obama, John Piper, Paul Washer, I don't care who it is, if they preach this Republican perversion and not the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I *will* speak up.

As for your fear-leading questions (i.e. teaching homosexuality, sex with boys, etc), it doesn't matter to me what the secular world teaches their children. I will homeschool. I'll let the Romans do what they want but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Quote:
AbideInHim said: It is not God's will for more people to be in bondage to sexual perversion. It is the Lord's will that men would be saved and set free from all sin.

I agree with you here. I totally agree with you, I do. But I think the State has *nothing* to do with the Gospel. Nor the States' laws. Look at China, they had an underground revival, they didn't use the State, the opposed it by committing to Jesus. The early church didn't petition Rome for anything, they sought the King of Glory.

Let us, commit to Jesus, no matter what happens in our Congress, Senate, Executive branch, and courts. Let's not concern ourselves with perishable kingdoms (America and it's rule of law) but let's focus on God's rule within our hearts, which will remain.

2015/5/12 16:06
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
God is going to deal with the fake Christians brother, and He has got many ways to do it, but you need to see the difference between what God is doing and what the devil is doing in our nation. The devil comes to steal, kill, and to destroy. It is not God's will for more people to be in bondage to sexual perversion. It is the Lord's will that men would be saved and set free from all sin.

Well said Mike. This is a call to prayer; We are in a battle for the souls of men, women, and children. Satan's kingdom is vast. Whether we pray or not will decide the eternal destiny of our neighbors and ourselves.

Whoever is not released from Satan's grip in this lifetime will come under Satan's dominion in the life to come. We can't sleep in the midst of this battle, to sleep in the presence of the enemy means death.

In Christ,

2015/5/12 20:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy