SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Mothers Version of the Bible by Bishop Abraham

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Mothers Version of the Bible by Bishop Abraham

One day four pastors stood talking about the various Versions of the Bible “I prefer the King James Version of Scripture," said one, "for its eloquent use of the original English language." second pastor said that no Bible could match the New American Standard for its faithfulness to the original Greek and Hebrew text. "That may well be," said the third, "but I prefer the New International Version for its contemporary language and easy readability." There was a thoughtful period of silence, and then the fourth one said, "I like my mother's translation best." It was with some surprise that the others said: "We didn't know that your mother had translated the Bible." "Yes, she did," he replied. "She translated it into her daily life, and it was through her translation that I came to know God.

Our life is like an open book for all to read. The greatest homily we can preach to others is our personal life, how God is acting in us and through us, and how we find him in others, in nature and in the universe. We can preach so well with our life, and not necessarily by our words. Once again it is Mother's Day; Mothers are the sweetest gift from Gods to us. Mothers are teachers & disciplinarians & nurses & doctors & psychologists & counselors & coaches. Mothers are developers of personalities & shapers of attitudes. Mothers are soft voices saying, "I love you." And mothers are a link to God, a child’s first impression of God’s love. Mothers are all of these things & much, much more. There is no way we can ever really thank our mothers for all they does for us. Happy Mother’s Day to all moms

2015/5/10 14:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The Mothers Version of the Bible by Bishop Abraham

A good word, and so true.

God bless.

2015/5/11 7:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy