SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

Quote: I moreso enjoy his teachings that were seeds for the non-violent revolutions.

There is such thing as non-violent revolutions and you're not going to save a nation by rebelling your only going to make it more violent.

The solution is "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” Isaiah 55:7

A prophet will reveal our irresponsible and sinful ways and call us to repentance.

2015/5/10 22:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
murrcolr said: There is such thing as non-violent revolutions and you're not going to save a nation by rebelling your only going to make it more violent.

What evidence or proof do you have to reenforce that statement?

Jesus criticized the Pharisees for being murderous. Jesus led the path of being lamb before slaughter. Yet Israel is murderous to this day. India is a lot more peaceful than it was before Gandhi. Vietnam changed a lot too due to Thich Nahn Han. Did I mention MLKjr? They each used 'being lamb before the slaughter' to stand up for independence, etc.

Also, I never mentioned anything about saving a nation. Nor will I ever mention saving a government because saving a government is an oxymoron, imo.

The only way to save a people group is for the people group to look to Jesus, together.

2015/5/11 0:54
Sree

Re: You Are Not a Prophet Until You Are Willing To Rebuke The King

Quote:

Moses rebuked Pharaoh. Samuel rebuked King Saul. Nathan rebuked David. Daniel rebuked Nebuchadnezzar. John the Baptist rebuked King Herod. Stop it! Don’t use the title prophet unless you are willing to rebuke Obama and his abomination. Speak truth to power or you are nothing but a prophetic poser.

Let us see why Moses rebuked Pharaoh, he rebuked him for not letting God's people Israel free. Saul and David were Kings of God's choosen people Israel, hence they were rebuked because by their mistakes they could have mislead Israel.

Now is America God's chosen people or Nation? Is Obama the ruler of God's chosen people like Saul or David? So to rebuke Obama for promoting things like Homosexuality that are against the Bible is not right. God had already warned the Kings to follow the laws in Deu 17.

I have great respect for US, I got my Christianity here. I have great respect for all the work that America has done in other nations to spread the Gosepel. But America is not a Christian nation. No nation can set its laws based on Bible. They have to give rights to all those who live unbiblical life. They have to acknowledge Homosexuality even if it is a grave sin. So to rebuke Obama for not ruling America based on Bible is not right. He does not and cannot do it.

Now when should a king be rebuked? When he is persecuting God's chosen people, the Church. When he is denying the freedom of Christians to worship their God. When the State is trying to force and mix its idology in our Church teachings. Then the rulers have to be rebuked. For example Richard Wumerand rebuked Communits when they wanted Pastors in Churches to preach and support communism. He was arrested and persecuted for the bold Stand he took.

2015/5/11 2:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy