SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Judge allows ‘Killing Jews is Worship’ MTA ads

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Judge allows ‘Killing Jews is Worship’ MTA ads

New Yorkers are used to aggressive advertising. Banners for breast implants. Billboards for condoms. But a federal judge’s ruling has opened the door for far more controversial posters on buses and subways across the city.

“Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah,” reads one such ad next to the image of a young man in a checkered headscarf. “That’s His Jihad. What’s yours?”

The poster is at the center of heated legal debate over public safety and free speech. On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge John Koeltl ruled that New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) cannot stop the controversial ad from running on scores of subway cars and buses. ...

read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/22/killing-jews-is-worship-posters-will-soon-appear-on-nyc-subways-and-buses/?wprss=rss_homepage

2015/4/23 9:28Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Judge allows ‘Killing Jews is Worship’ MTA ads

I had to read down to finally get this...

AFDI’s ads have also drawn objections from Muslims. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a civil liberties group that promotes the rights of Muslims and better relations between Muslims and non-Muslims, launched its own public relations campaign to combat AFDI. In 2012 and 2013, CAIR ran posters in several U.S. cities promoting peaceful versions of Islam. “‘#MyJihad is to build friendships across the aisle.’ What’s yours?” But the ads never ran in New York due to a disagreement between CAIR and MTA.

“The defendants admit that the actual intention of the advertisement is not to advocate the use of force, but to parody the CAIR ‘My Jihad’ campaign and to criticize Hamas and radical Islam. However, they argue that a reasonable New Yorker would not read the advertisement this way, but would instead read it as advocating the killing of Jewish people,” Koeltl wrote. “The defendants’ theory is thoroughly unpersuasive.”

2015/4/23 10:30Profile
dougr777

Amazing after 14 years later when the towers destroyed because of "Jihad", there are legal billboards like this. Another "signs of the times"?

2015/4/23 10:32Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

We already knew that tolerance runs one way. Right? Imagine your child wearing a shirt to school that says this about killing Jews. Would a court approve it? No way. And, that's in an environment -- northern rural Alabama where I live --- where Jews are as common as sharknadoes. It would be incendiary, distracting.

The judge pretends tolerance in NYC. NYC -- and arguably the northeast -- is a hotbed of Muslims and Jews living in the same space; it is a hotbed of jihadism and anti-Semitism. "Tolerance", if you follow the judge's reasoning, is defined as the safe space between gasoline fumes and an external ignition source, and this ad does nothing to crowd that space. Talk about incendiary. Talk about distracting!

In other words, our powers that be say it is a safe space for Jews to live and walk and ride where posters agitate for their murders as a form of worship, but it would be unsafe for everyone where Jews don't live to allow the same expression.

This is the reasoning of one possessed. And, our government is possessed, IMO.

What if the right to life groups wanted to "parody" abortion by saying "Killing Babies Is A Form of Worship" to "satirically" accuse abortion rights people of religiously serving themselves and their god of self? What if they put up a poster of an unborn baby with a shank through its skull? Would it get the same protection as this poster?

Not in a million years. Why? Because, everyone knows that not being able to kill babies is intolerant. Right? Right?

2015/4/23 10:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Exactly. Can you imagine if the KKK wanted to purchase billboard space with a similar message toward a different minority group? Don't think it would happen.

2015/4/23 11:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I posted this saints to also share that basically it is not long before billboards like this are against Christianity, as there already have been some in this type of tone.

2015/4/23 12:00Profile
dougr777

Re:

What the generation before opposed the next generation will tolerate. It seems like each generation is more corrupt than the last.

2015/4/23 12:35Profile
iceman9

New York

Change the word Jews with Muslim or gays and see how long that would last...

The only groups that would get approved to be on that sign are Jews and Christians.

God will not bless a nation that does that.

Genesis 12:1-3

Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

2015/4/23 14:17Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Not a real John MacArthur touter, but this video is worth the sit and watch.

The shorter version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHEoA5SaoE (Try to ignore the rolling citations of Scriptures at the bottom of the screen that are not helpfully placed.)

The longer version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sci_WFp8ec

2015/4/23 15:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy