SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Smoke n fire

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Smoke n fire

[u]I posted this on my xanga. I usually don't post what I write on there on SI, but I thought I would this one.[/u]

Where this is smoke, there is fire! - Unknown (At least I don't know who)

Num 3:4 And Nadab and Abihu died before the LORD, when they offered strange fire before the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children: and Eleazar and Ithamar ministered in the priest's office in the sight of Aaron their father.

Exo 30:7-9 And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it. And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the LORD throughout your generations. Ye shall offer no strange incense thereon, nor burnt sacrifice, nor meat offering; neither shall ye pour drink offering thereon.

Eph 5:1-2 Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children: And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.

I believe the saying is true which says where there is smoke, there is fire. Where there is incense there is a fire. The question we all have to ask ourselves is this: what type of incense are we to the nostril of God? Are we a sweetsmelling savor? A sulfuric smell? What is our life to God? What does God think of our life? The bible even says our life is like a vapor. What does it smell like to God?

Many questions but all the answers have to be found in yourself. You have to ask yourself these questions. What does God think of my actions? my motives? my thoughts? Examine yourself today. Make sure you do not offer strange fire to God or you will end up like Nadab and Abihu (look above incase you forgot what happened). Live a life that is holy and obedient to God and you will offer an incense as Jesus did :a sweetsmelling savor.

What is the flame burning your fire? Is at the root of your life sin? I don't care if you prayed some prayer at one time. Many people pray. Some even pray in Hell (Luke 16:24). What flames your life? Holiness? Sin? Forgot what your theology says whether you are once saved always saved or can lose your salvation. If you believe once saved always saved then if sin is the flame of your life then you were never saved. If you believe you can lose your salvation and sin is at the root of your life then you have lost it. Come on, what drives you? Self-gratification? Or the desire to live holy before God and wholly for God? Quit playing games, get serious. Are you living right or not?

I had a guy tell me the other day I needed to laugh more. It was within 5 minutes (either before he said that or after he said that I cant remember) he admitted he was living in sin. Oh sure he justified himself saying it was his one mistake, and then right before that said he didn't do anything wrong. His one mistake was not calling sin, sin. We have to recognize sin in our lives and repent. If you completely run from conviction and will not repent you are not of God. I don't care what you think. There are only 2 type of children: children of obedience, children of disobedience. And there are only 2 places that you will go: heaven or hell. Can you draw the lines on who goes where? How can you expect me to laugh with you while you are in utter rebellion to God? This is not a "laughable" topic to me. Oh, yes I have joy. My joy comes from doing the will of my Father, not some PS2 game, sin, drinking, or anything else that is worldly.

Where are the fruits that show you are living in repentance? Where is the discernment? Well I'll give you a good guess where it is, its at the same level your prayer life is. Why are there being people put into leadership positions that are living in sin? No discernment. Do you want to look into my life and see why I'm not always jumping around and yelling with a big smile on my face? Look at the sinfulness of the church! Forget the world for a minute. Sinners will be sinners. Why are so many saints acting like sinners? Well to be blunt, they are not saints. What puts me into the deepest of sorrows is not that sinners run from God, but that so called "saints" do.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

No wonder he is a man of sorrows, look at the way His people are living, let alone the world!! Look at the way the Jews lived before He came. Look at how the Christians of today live right before His coming. See the similarities? History repeats itself.

2Ti 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world...

Would Paul say the same about you? James 4:14b For what is your life? It is even a vapor. How does your life smell to God?

2005/4/29 22:37Profile

Re: Smoke n fire

Good stuff there Preachy. I am often amused by those who cry out for God to "send the fire". Beloved, for God to send the fire, there has to be something placed on the altar for the fire to consume.

God wants the heart on the altar, our will and very life. Then you get the fire. The fire and baptism of the Holy Spirit came after the crucifixion, not before. So when we cry out for the fire, are we ready and willing to put something on the altar?

2005/5/4 7:39
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
The fire and baptism of the Holy Spirit came after the crucifixion, not before.

Amen.. Thats a great truth.

2005/5/4 10:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy