SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham Warns 'Ugly, Anti-Christian Bias and Intolerance' Is Changing America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Franklin Graham Warns 'Ugly, Anti-Christian Bias and Intolerance' Is Changing America

Evangelical preacher the Rev. Franklin Graham said in an Easter Sunday message that Christians around the world continue facing higher levels of persecution and violence, and warned that "ugly, anti-Christian bias and intolerance" is changing America.

"Today, untold millions of Christians around the world are celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And millions in many countries risk their freedom and — their very lives — to worship Him and claim His Name. Even under the threat of imprisonment, they faithfully follow, like pastor Saeed Abidini and scores of others," Graham said, referring to the imprisoned Christian pastor and U.S. citizen in Iran. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/franklin-graham-warns-ugly-anti-christian-bias-and-intolerance-is-changing-america-from-the-inside-out-in-easter-message-136961/

2015/4/7 14:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Franklin Graham Warns 'Ugly, Anti-Christian Bias and Intolerance' Is Ch

On the same topic:

Dr. James White - Coming Persecution of the Church in USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf11zMfgrFw

2015/4/7 14:08Profile

Re:

Franklin Graham warns when the Apostle James said 'consider it joy'.

Fear mongering isn't the gospel. I'd strongly encourage you Greg to see the err of Franklin Graham's methods and words.

Right wing politics uses fear mongering on a daily basis. Fear doesn't produce the fruit of the Spirit. Graham has fallen into the camp of right wing politics, not puritan teachings nor revivalists, nor early church theology.

2015/4/7 14:23
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

deleted

2015/4/8 5:56Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

LMH wrote: "Franklin Graham warns when the Apostle James said 'consider it joy'."

This statement lacks empathy and compassion! Yes we are personally called when facing trials and even persecution to 'count it all joy'. However that does not mean we just sit back looking at our brethren from the cozy comfort of our easy chairs and do nothing. Just throw them a scripture 'hey, count it all joy guys!

Most of the Christian ministries such as Open Doors not only give practical support to persecuted Christians, but also raise awareness of their plight on a public level.

We should be a voice for the voiceless.

2015/4/8 10:03Profile

Re:

Americans aren't the voiceless. Just turn on any right wing radio and you'll heart Franklin Graham's message from various political voices. Daily, heck, even hourly.

You say I lack compassion but Jesus wasn't very compassionate to the Pharisees. Approx three years ago, I started looking into Franklin and was shocked at what I found. He is nothing like his father. The gospel isn't Franklin's mission, something else is. Maybe he wants to be a senator or president, I don't know. But he isn't spreading the Word of God like his father did.

If he didn't do it under the guise of 'Christian ministry', I'd leave it alone and move on but he is.

Franklin Graham is preaching something similar to Jerry Falwell.

Finally, 'warning'. Let's remember the 1980s and when the lot of Christian ministers 'warned' that Christ was going to return.

2015/4/8 11:31
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

LoveMeekHope,

we appreciate your opinion but in the end he is doing a significant work for the kingdom. I encourage believers to read about http://www.samaritanspurse.org and other initiatives that are impacting millions.

We ask saints to leave politics out of discussions, especially american politics, if one cannot do this then we simply ask them to move on from participating in these forums.

Though "everyone" including franklin graham are allowed to make a political comment, these forums themselves are not a place to mention them and especially not to discuss or argue over them.

We simply state this in the community rules:

8. DIVISIONS AND QUARRELLING - Having a healthy discussion on a topic, doctrine or important issue is allowed on SermonIndex. But if the subject discussion becomes heated and there is quarrelling it would be better to agree with your brother publicly in what you can and and hold to what you believe against him privately. This calls for great maturity and wisdom in speaking in humility. It is better to agree with a brother that you are Christians and not divide over non-essentials. Let us go forward with meekness towards each other and having in mind the larger picture of the entire body of Christ. "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10). We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2015/4/8 12:02Profile

Re:

I'm not discussing politics. I'd encourage you to reread what I wrote. Maybe you missed the message since it was so short.

I'm exposing Franklin Graham's politics in *his words*. His words are VERY similar to Jerry Falwell and right wing pundits.

Just because Franklin does 'significant work' doesn't mean his words aren't to be tested and judged. Come on, that would be very immature. "let's ignore what he said and focus on what he is doing" No, we will be held accountable to every word we speak or write.

Franklin takes in $250,000 for his 'significant work' from Samaritan Purse. His charities aren't blameless and very blemished based on 3rd parties accountability (charity navigator and others). You might say Franklin is saved but...I'd say he is closer to Creflo Dollar than you care to admit. Every year it's becoming more evident. So, I have no problem dividing against a wolf in sheep's clothing.

You say this is 'political' it's not! You say this a quarreling? This is not. Would you say the threads that talk about WoF quarreling? 9 times out of 10 you let them go on for hundreds of posts.

Greg, I find it sad that you have a golden calf and his name is Franklin Graham. We can't talk about him. We can't touch him. He is just too important for you to not speak of. Paul was examined by the Apostles at Jerusalem. There is nothing wrong with cross examining people. Franklin is going down a slippery slope and it's getting worse every year. You may not see it and care to defend him but it should be discussed, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I want to discuss statements, doctrines, and even motives (if there is evidence). If Graham made a political statement, that doesn't magically turn this thread into a political thread. No one here is discussing politics. We were discussing fear mongering/warning of persecution.

You are posting Franklin Graham stuff. Not me. I didn't start threads about him, except why you closed a different thread.

Franklin Graham isn't speaking the gospel. He isn't speaking scripture. He shouldn't be in your 'news' section. Yes you can do whatever you want but...come on.

Your news section is supposed to be to:

Quote:
Discuss and pray about many events that are happening worldwide.

You post about Franklin Graham, I will expose and discuss the wolf. Or an aspect of how he speaking words of the enemy, not of God. Especially, when it's directly related to the original article posted.

I'd do the same if Jerry Falwell was still around and you posted things about him. They are publicly a bad name for public ministers therefore bad names that associate with the group of Christians.

Francis Chan, John Piper, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, JI Packer, etc are standup ministers. If Franklin Graham should be in this group, I'd like to discuss why because none in my list are similar to right wing radio talk like Franklin Graham is. None. They all speak about Jesus. The need for Jesus. How to be like Jesus. Etc. I've yet to see that from the PR that Franklin Graham is promoting.

P.S. I pray for Franklin's salvation/sanctification from his fear mongering and right wing speeches, that he may build his messages on/for/to Jesus Christ, like the speakers above.

2015/4/8 13:06
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Comments like this:

"You post about Franklin Graham, I will expose and discuss the wolf."

Are not only un-founded but are slandering a servant of God's name. We really cannot condone this type of discussion on SermonIndex and is the reason we have guidelines and these forums are not wordpress comment field or a christian forum where you can post anything you want speaking evil of anything you feel is wrong.

We write in the community rules:

7. SLANDERING OTHERS - We have a zero tolerance on slander, evil-speaking and speaking against a person's character without warrant. 'Slander no one.' / 'to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.' NASB (Titus 3:2). This is a very important biblical principle and we ask that you would especially respect the biblical method of approaching a brother privately (Matthew 18:15). Also there are hundreds of websites in the internet that exclusively post wrong teachings, errors and question the character of Christians, we do not want SermonIndex to be seen as such a ministry and ask that all forum members do not participate in posting in what is wrong. We believe simply that truth dispels errors and to focus on the truth will shine a light into all the darkness.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

It is a privilege to be able to share and discuss scripture and other things on these forums on a website beside some of the greatest christian preachers, teachers, pastors, shepherds, we do not want to bring shame to the Name of the Lord displaying dis-unity with no good purpose and slandering names for no reason other then we can.

Please consider in prayer if your comments are correct and if you feel you cannot change then we ask you to move on to another christian forum site.

2015/4/8 13:19Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: LoveMeekHope

LoveMeekHope,

You have some important input on the things of the Lord that I have enjoyed reading but this "opinion" you have on Franklin Graham seems to be getting in the way of hearing what Greg is saying to you.

I've watched Godly people come and go on this site because they had some pet peeve or personal agenda they couldn't OR wouldn't let go. And I don't want you to let your pride about Franklin Graham get in the way and you end up being one of people asked to leave. (Actually, I'm surprised that I'm still here!! lol) Please hear what Greg is saying in the spirit of love to you.

God bless you,
Lisa

2015/4/8 13:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy