SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Wonderful Encouragement in Cartoon Form :)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Wonderful Encouragement in Cartoon Form :)

I think I posted this back in 2003, but it is still as touching today. Plus, he has added some new ones since then. Make sure you have your speakers on - if you have them :)

This is Dong Haeng, a korean cartoonist. My favorite is "Duty", "Cross", and "Love". Be blessed!

[url=http://www.donghaeng.net/english/duty.htm ]"Duty"[/url]

[url=http://www.donghaeng.net/index-e.htm]DongHaeng- Walking with Him (english)[/url]

You don't need to install the language packs (if that comes up) just click cancel.

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/29 15:00Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re: Wonderful Encouragement in Cartoon Form :)

Wonderful!

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/29 15:14Profile
Compton

Re: thank you

Chanin,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting "Duty". It's the first time a cartoon ever brought tears to my eyes and softened my heart.

God bless Dong Haeng for this animated psalm.

MC

2005/4/29 15:33Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Really cool !!!!

2005/4/29 18:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I love the "duty" cartoon.. It really was created by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. There is just something about it that really gets to you.

2005/4/29 18:17Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: Wonderful Encouragement in Cartoon Form :)

That Cartoon is off base.

The Truth of the Matter is that We do not Hold up the Cross, the Truth is that The Cross holds us up.

Those who struggle will fail in the Flesh.

The Cartoon is not right because it shows the boy being left alone... That is a Lie we are never left alone.

The Person who thinks he is God's strong little boy will find out that he is Weak as we all are.

You may say I missed the Point, But I know my God and myself... He Never leaves us and we can do nothing without Him.

Cute but not at all factual.

PS. I don't want to step on your toes I say this so no one will think He or She can struggle, No my Friends you must lay down your Flesh and let go and Let Jesus and His Strength be yours.

He will Hold the Cross Up and US.

2005/4/29 19:03Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Concerning "duty".......me too Compton. Thanks so much Chanin for posting this......Blessings, Cindy

2005/4/29 19:40Profile
moreofHim

Re: michael

Michael,

I don't know. I have felt like that boy many times. I have felt the stress and strain and felt it was too much at times. But just remembering my Jesus was enough to get me to stand strong "In Him" once again.

The reason I was so touched by it was because i saw myself in it. I saw my struggle and how I've wanted to glorify the Lord even when it seemed too hard.

Haven't you ever felt like it was hard? The christian path is not easy, it is not a piece of cake. we do have to "press on" towards the prize.

I am sorry that you didn't relate to it. But I certainly did. yes, I know God is with us, that He gives us grace to do what needs to be done. I think anyone who has had hard times, been under persecution might be able to relate to this cartoon.

We are asked to carry our cross.

Mat. 10:21 "...take up the cross, and follow Me."

Surrendered to Him, chanin

2005/4/29 19:49Profile
Compton

Re:

Ages of war,

Doctrinely you are correct to point out that it is in Jesus that we find our strength and that it is God who is faithful to us. Thankfully, this animation isn't an accurate metaphor for the whole gospel.

Yet I wouldn't want you to miss the blessing of this beautiful cartoon. It poignantly captures Christs compassion for the experience of his feeble faithful ones. I believe that is what Greg meant when he commented that this animation was "created by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit."

This is more like a psalm or a song of solomon than an epistle. Its' art is not so much for teaching as it is for comfort.

One "instructional" part that I really did appreciate was when the character learned to get on his knees he could finally hold the cross. There is the power of God coming though in our lives! That is the part in this animation that broke my heart. I was convicted, consoled, and encouraged all at once.

Blessings all,

MC

2005/4/30 3:13Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

You know when Job went through his time of Testing he kept saying that he was righteous and he said he had done nothing wrong.

He was right He had not done anything wrong yet.

However he suffered greatly when all his kids died, that's gotta hurt more than I can understand. Sickness, Mocking friends and poverty must have seemed like icing on the Cake. Not to mention his own Wife saying Give up Curse God and Die.

He wanted to know why; Job even asked if God could possibly relate to his suffering.
We know now that GOD does, In JESUS.

The Problem with Job and that Cartoon was that he thought he could hold on to his own Righteousness. He thought by his striving he could please God.

However when God called to Job from the Storm he was speechless and covered his mouth in his presence. He found like so many others that all his Goodness and struggles where as filthy rags before a Holy God.

The point is we are to be crucified with Christ and take on his Righteousness.

Yes we are to pick up our Crosses Daily, and Give our live up for His Life. Not by our own plots or plans but by His Holy Spirit, who give us the strength to stand by the Cross.

It is not mankind that Holds up the Cross and it is NOT the CROSS that is Shaken in storms it is we and the us that is shaken is the Flesh that was supposed to be Crucified.

If you struggle it is your Flesh the answer to Struggle is always admitting defeat.

I will say it again the Answer to a time of testing is always admitting defeat and then believing in the Victory that is ours in Christ Jesus. Giving up is simply saying that I can not do this and Jesus will answer you with Love Saying I know that you can't do it, thats why I did it For YOU!

Hope this clears up my early statements.

God bless you all and Pray for us all that we live in Victory in Christ and not in Striving with the already dead Flesh.

In Christ Michael

PS read Numbers 13-14 and put yourself in the Place of the Isrealites.

2005/4/30 7:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy