Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 147 brethren murdered

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

147 brethren murdered

A quote from a news article on the murderous rampage in Kenya'

"He heard the attackers arrive at his dormitory, open the doors and ask if the people who had hidden inside were Muslims or Christians. "If you were a Christian, you were shot on the spot,""

Our brothers and sisters are dying for Christ's sake. It's time to pray.

In Christ,

2015/4/2 23:21Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: 147 brethren murdered

Will mos def pray! For the families whom have experienced this loss and what's more for those who committed themselves to do this. For those who kept their confession unto death I give thanks unto God for their faithfullness.
Thank you dear brother for making us aware of this that we join together in prayer, supplication and thanksgiving.
As the days grow darker may our love shine brighter~

2015/4/3 8:58Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: 147 brethren murdered

I am appalled by the brutality and cowardice of the attackers. The bible foretold us in

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

At the same time I am greatly uplifted by the bravery of those students who counted their confession to Christ more worthy than their life and paid the ultimate price, thus making up for the suffering and number of martyrs that is ordained for the church.
What would we do if we had a split second to decide whether to follow the Lamb onto death or recant our faith become a Muslim?

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

2015/4/3 17:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Dunno where we are currently in the the end times as far as Revelation is concerned, but Rev. 13:7-10 tells us:

7 It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

Doesn't look like there will be a stopping until Jesus intervenes. But I do admire those young people. They are heroes, no less.

2015/4/8 16:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy