SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dont believe the lie

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
budgie

Re: The order of events in Matthew 24 before the day or hour of Jesus Coming

I have just been spending much time in Matthew 24 and have seen how much has been taken out of context today.
Here is an example
If I were to say (when is Jesus Coming does anyone know?)
There are some that would say
No one knows the day or hour of His Coming, he can come at any second.

But I did not ask what day or hour He would come, I asked when is Jesus Coming.

Jesus told us His disciples the exact details and order of events before He will come, Jesus told us the last signs that will be evident before He Comes and these signs are by God Himself.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Jesus then said that of that day and hour of His Coming after those signs are seen no man knows.

But we know to look up then and we know He will be at the door then and we know that our Redemption draws near then.,

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

2015/5/4 7:15Profile
budgie

Re: The Cart before the Horse

Many are familiar with the phrase don't put the cart before the horse yet we seem to ignore this same principle in regards to scripture and the words of Paul.

Jesus is the shining truth for us in regards to the Resurrection.

When Jesus was raised from the dead it was just that, he was raised from the dead immortal yet it was some time after this that he was actually raptured.
The act of Resurrection is completely different to the act of Rapture (to be seized)

Jesus said this to Mary

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus was Resurrected but had not yet ascended or raptured to heaven.

We do know that Jesus was Raptured (harpazo) to heaven because the Bible tells us in Revelation.

Rev_12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

We are told the same in acts

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Why do I mention the above?

It is because the Act of Resurrection and the Act of Rapture are very separate events.

The word harpazo (rapture) is used in 13 places in NT and only once in regards to the Resurrection to come of those in Christ.

Paul was raptured and put in prison, Satan try's to rapture the word of God from our hearts.
Phillip was raptured to another location.

None of the above scenarios have anything to do with Resurrection.

Paul tells the Believers what sequence of events will take place before the Rapture (seizing)

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the COMING of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 (THEN) we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together (RAPTURED) with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Let us not put the cart before the horse

There is much to happen before the Rapture especially the Coming of Jesus, the Shout, the Archangel, the Trumpet of God, the Resurrection.

Do you remember what Paul also said about Jesus Coming and our gathering together to Him.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Remember when Jesus told us He is Coming

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Again don't be one that puts the Cart before the Horse.

2015/5/21 7:31Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Taking away...

Brother John,

I believe that the Bible teaches a taking away of the Church of Jesus Christ, before the tribulation. The way I have heard the rapture preached is in the book of revelations, John is told to come up hither. "John Come up here."

Now what was taught was that when the rapture happens, the Archangel will call the Church by name, other wise all the people on Earth will go up. IT was used as an example.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, the Bible actually has 7 raptures in the Bible.

1. Enoch was the first to be rapture.

2. Elijah was the second

3. Jesus being the third after his Resurrection.

4. Phillip when he is translated from preaching and baptizing a eunuch in the desert and then he is found in the city of Jerusalem.
5.The rapture of the Church as described by the Apostle Paul in Thessalonians
6. mid trib rapture of the 144,000 Jewish evangelist and those that were saved in that time.

7. the two witnesses in Rev. Chapter 11.

I know that you said that you don't believe in a taking away of the Church, but maybe this will clarify a little and entertain you some.

Now I have been in a few denomination that have taught the taking away of the church before the tribulation. Baptist, Southern Baptist, and the Assembly of God, plus word of faith non-denomination church, I once attended.

Can you find an audio or some literature where I can learn a little bit about why there is no rapture or taking away of the church? and also maybe a church denomination that I can visit.

2016/11/17 22:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy