SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Locking the Graham thread

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Locking the Graham thread

Quote:
Greg (sermonindex) said: We are locking this thread because of the unprofitable route it is going with comments in the discussion. We are all entitled to an opinon but in the end if we cannot do it with grace and considering others then it is not worthwhile.

We are going to lock this thread and ask this discussion is not raised in the near future. May we focus on Jesus Christ and the need for righteousness to be spoken of in our countries at this moment in history.

I decided to re-read the entire thread and I'd like to challenge these words as they aren't clear enough to merit closing a healthy, yes healthy discussion. I think the thread was closed prematurely and that's sad.

"Unprofitable route" "if we can't (state our opinion) with grace" "if we can't (state our opinion) considering others"

These three 'reasons' aren't in the thread. Could you elaborate on where this opinion comes from?

There was no name calling of anyone. Graham, as a person, wasn't casted down. Nor were any other people. There was never anything personal. Nor were people bickering.

All of it was with grace. I'm curious as to the specific reasoning.

2015/3/21 1:01

Re: Locking the Graham thread

This sadens me ! I think Gordon's request and concern was very clear:
"We are going to lock this thread and ask this discussion is not raised in the near future. May we focus on Jesus Christ and the need for righteousness to be spoken of in our countries at this moment in history."

1. Why can't you show respect and submit to the leaders ?
2. Here is a list of the following 5 threads in this category

Megachurch Changes Position on Homosexuality
Florida Church Popular for Hosting Nude Spring Break Parties
Religious Tensions Simmer Across Pakistan following Church Bombings
Prayer For Persecuted Church in Pakistan
Laos Sentences Pastors to Prison for Praying for the Sick

These are very serious issues but 4 out of the 5 didn't get any replies at all.So you are saying your problem is more important then all of the above.
Why don't you simply talk to the Moderators in private?

Gordon writes: "Brethren, This is not a joke, we must weep and pray for the Church in America that has fallen and God is allowing judgement and sin to prevail in the church itself. Yes we should weep and pray for revival and not spent too much time on minor issues.

Help us Lord - "Be Thou My Vision...", Our vision !

2015/3/21 2:47

Re:

Thanks Mark & Greg, its sad how the will leave serious matters to argue over word and names, and prefer to Gossip. Let's remember "if it does not edifies, it defiles"

2015/3/21 8:12

Re:

2015/3/21 13:10
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Thanks Mark & Greg, its sad how the will leave serious matters to argue over word and names, and prefer to Gossip. Let's remember "if it does not edifies, it defiles"

If anything its the blatant hypocrisy of it. Gossip has been going on here and liable in various shapes and forms for as long as I have been a member. To hide behind a cloke of the 'moral high ground' when numerous other articles and threads are posted here about Christian ministers and ministries and they are slammed for their 'theological slant' and nothing is said.

Now, because from the what the response from Greg has been, a holy cow has been touched. Which in and of itself is fine, its his website he can do with it as he will, a thread is locked. But please don't rationlise behind a super spiritual garb of lets seek the Lord and its all about Jesus. Because that is not baked up any actions of what is happened in the past.

Get real and be straight. If you don't like it because you are fond of the minister and ministry say so, don't be a fake.

2015/3/21 14:29Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

One of my pastor friends that I went to Bible college with, who pastored a church near Asheville, NC, recently lost his job as the pastor of his church after making some comments about Franklin Graham and his recent controversies on Facebook. Some of the other leaders in the church did not like what this pastor said, and within a few weeks, my friend found out he was no longer pastoring a church.

2015/3/21 15:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I encourage brethren to re-read the community guidelines which will not only help us on SermonIndex but in other places in life:

7. SLANDERING OTHERS - We have a zero tolerance on slander, evil-speaking and speaking against a person's character without warrant. 'Slander no one.' / 'to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.' NASB (Titus 3:2). This is a very important biblical principle and we ask that you would especially respect the biblical method of approaching a brother privately (Matthew 18:15). Also there are hundreds of websites in the internet that exclusively post wrong teachings, errors and question the character of Christians, we do not want SermonIndex to be seen as such a ministry and ask that all forum members do not participate in posting in what is wrong. We believe simply that truth dispels errors and to focus on the truth will shine a light into all the darkness.

SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2015/3/21 18:28Profile

Re:

Greg, could you please respond to my original questions? As I find it a little distasteful that you aren't providing any specific reasoning for closing the Graham thread. Due to you lack of citation on what you said.

I'm not sure why people on here, on this thread, are being a bit slanderous. I ask that you guys/girls please stop. As I'm trying to find answers.

2015/3/21 19:11
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

LoveMeekHope,

I encourage you to read through the community guidelines. At times moderators make a decision that it really is not beneficial to continue discussing the topic or about the certain speaker.

2015/3/22 11:36Profile

Re:

I'm confused. I asked:

Quote:
"Unprofitable route" "if we can't (state our opinion) with grace" "if we can't (state our opinion) considering others"

These three 'reasons' aren't in the thread. Could you elaborate on where this opinion comes from?

But now you are saying it's not beneficial to continuing discussing a topic or certain speaker.

You say read the guidelines but I'm getting different messages from you. Since the guidelines state SI is a place of healthy discussion, which is what the Graham thread was full of.

If it's because we were discussing Graham's position, please state clearly that was your reasoning. If you stand by your original statement, could you please elaborate (this is my third time asking for an elaboration)?

I believe your perspective that 'it's unprofitable' is unfounded, as you haven't provided any evidence to that statement.

Based on your reasoning, I don't see how you could say what you are saying. Which is why I'm asking you to elaborate. So, for the benefit of your community, please elaborate because you cut off a healthy discussion, that you deemed unhealthy. Why was it unhealthy? What words, phrases, topics, etc?

This thread has over 400 views and eight replies and I'm no closer to understanding why the Graham thread was closed. Please elaborate Greg. Instead of vague phrases 'it's unprofitable' please state why you think that. Quote me, dolfan or anyone from the thread.

I'll ask again. How are you coming to the conclusion that the topic, speaker, or manner of discussion was unprofitable?

2015/3/22 13:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy