SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Bubba you have not offended anyone. The reason everyone is countering almost everything you say is not becuase we hate you. Most of us feel you are in such deep error (deception) it could possible cost you your soul. No one here wants you to be deceived. Thats why there is such strong countering against what you post.

2005/4/29 16:20Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
I ... realize [that] some of my personal beliefs are foreign to them. I hope the opposite is also true.

Bubba, you need not apologize, I doubt anyone is offended by your convictions - I certainly am not. I would find it hard to imagine anyone finding your opinions foreign to themselves however -really, most of us who came to the Lord in our adult years believed (along with the rest of the world) most of what you continue to hold to. It is not foreign therefore, rather your convictions were likely held by most of us who now dismiss them - not because they don't make for pretty debating - but because they represent a scientific -opinion- and not scientific -fact- a distinction that we were as blind to as you appear to be, when we were as you are now.

That might sound patronizing - as if I was saying that those of us who dismiss your convictions are "oh so mature" - and have "outgrown" your convictions - that is --not-- the idea!

God doesn't ask anyone to set aside their reason in order to believe in creation - nor would any sober minded person do so today. I don't reject evolution because I am a mindless buffoon, I reject it first and foremost because it doesn't agree with the genesis account, and secondly, because most of the higher sciences -already- reject evolution - because evolution is being shown to rest almost entirely upon speculations that science is consistently and persistently demonstrating to be flawed or false.

I do expect to hear evolution preached about in the pulpit in the next twenty five years - not as truth - but as a wonderful illustration of what a house built on sifty-sand looks like. The moment truth comes along like a flood - the house falls.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/29 17:18Profile
Globachio

Baltimore

Re:

Quote:

taco wrote:
Silly me, I overlooked that. :-)

Yes. Very good quotes, esp. those you underlined.

2005/4/29 18:43Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
I do not believe that God will send people to hell. That makes no sense. While I could understand how someone who yells in God's face "I hate you" could be sent to "hell", I don't see him sending innocent people in India to hell when they had absolutely no chance to ever hear of Jesus. That is not justice, that would be cruelty.

Ricky, the beautiful thing with the Gospel is that IN SPITE of someone yelling in God's face, "I hate you"--------they CAN be saved. That doesn't make "sense", does it, yet that is exactly the Truth-----those who are rebellious, rotten sinners can be saved through God's Grace. The really unbelieveable thing for most minds to comprehend is that a man such as Jeffrey Dahmer may be in heaven, IF he was born again before he died. Good works do not get someone to heaven, nor do evil works in and of themself, get one a ticket to Hell.

Concerning being 'innocent', is anyone really innocent before the Lord God Almighty(such as the person from India you mention)? If not innocent, then at what level of good deeds/bad deeds are they judged on? If that be the case, why did Jesus come from heaven, be born as a man, live a perfectly sinless life for mankind's sake, and then die a torturous death to pay the penalty for man's sins? In Him, Cindy

2005/4/29 18:51Profile
Globachio

Baltimore

Re:

Quote:

dann wrote:
It is not foreign therefore, rather your convictions were likely held by most of us who now dismiss them - not because they don't make for pretty debating - but because they represent a scientific -opinion- and not scientific -fact- a distinction that we were as blind to as you appear to be, when we were as you are now.

A very good post. Simple. Straightforward. Honest, without any self-righteousness.

Yes, there was a time when I was of the same opinion as any others. I was so liberal (back in the '80s) that my catchphase was "If it's liberal, it's too conservative for me." I literally *hated* people like Ratzinger, Schaeffer, etc.

Praise God for His grace.

BTW, much of what non-Christians/liberals loathe about the Gospel message is salvation-by-grace-alone. It's a very upsetting message to them.

2005/4/29 18:52Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2005/4/29 19:39Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

could bubbaguy and ricky be one and the same?

2005/4/30 3:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy