SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Sister in law and her husband

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Sister in law and her husband

My wife's oldest sister, in her late 60s now, has dementia caused by a deterioration in her brain from an untreatable sort of liquid tumor. She is still functional in many ways and even drives. But, it is steadily advancing.

Saturday night at our home meeting, she opened up about it in a way that is highly uncharacteristic. She had been told that the problem had advanced more to the front of her brain and that she was getting worse, and she had another doctor's visit scheduled for yesterday (Tuesday). This lady has been a brilliant, funny, sharp as a tack personality her whole life and my wife takes after her in almost every way imaginable. With the age difference, she is old enough to be my wife's mother. She has been closer to me than my own blood relations.

We prayed for her and anointed her with oil Saturday night. She's been prayed for many times in the past couple of years as this came to light about her brain. It lead our discussion path Saturday night in some ways as we pondered what it is that Jesus wants to work into us that we can pray according to His will. None of us solved anything, for sure.

Yesterday, by report from another person from our Sat night home meeting, her doctor report was not good. I haven't had a chance to call them today and have a client coming in soon this AM who will take up the remainder of the first half of the day.

I'm passing all this along for your prayers for my sister in law and her husband. I've mentioned him on here before (he's the one who retired from leading music ministry at church a few months ago after 40 years of doing that). They have a lot on them, and she is devastated, aware of the decline and helpless. He is overwhelmed with his only surviving sibling in the nursing home who depends on him heavily and watching his wife of 40 years slip away, seeing her change in ways that break his heart, and taking care of so many of her needs and the household itself.

To God, my heart longs for her healing. My heart wonders at the "why" of it all and "why" she is not healed after so much prayer. And, then I remember and take counsel in the truth that the "why" of things is God's alone to know and unless He reveals them to us, they are too much for us to know. That's very convenient for me, but not much for them in the middle of this. Please pray for His peace that passes understanding to keep them even now.

2015/3/11 10:37Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re: Sister in law and her husband

Praying for her my Brother.

2015/3/11 20:50Profile

Re:

Praying as well.

I'm not sure how far along everything is but I'd bring up Ginkgo Biloba, asap. It's had some dramatic affects on people. Worth a shot.

Sources:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846949/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8741021

For a ton more scientific articles:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=disconnect&x=/html&q=ginkgo+biloba+dementia+site%3A.edu+OR+site%3A.gov

2015/3/12 1:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy