SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham Warns Christians in America 'Persecution Is Coming'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Franklin Graham Warns Christians in America 'Persecution Is Coming'

The Rev. Franklin Graham gave an ominous warning to Christians living in the United States Sunday, as he expounded on how religious freedoms are being eroded stateside while believers are being persecuted throughout the world.

Graham also expressed his concerns about the Obama administration's foreign policy, which has been to rebuke the nation's allies, such as Israel, while countries known to be hostile to the U.S. are attempting to shape policy by gaining influence in the Democratic Party and by giving large donations to entities such as The Clinton Foundation.

"I believe we're going to see persecution in this country," Graham said during an interview on "Fox and Friends Weekend" on Sunday. "We've already seen many laws that have been passed that restrict our freedom as Christians. I believe it's going to get worse, and we see no question gaining influence in Washington by those that represent the Islamic faith. We do have a problem in this country and we are losing our religious freedom and we're losing it a little bit day by day."

from: http://www.christianpost.com/news/franklin-graham-warns-american-christians-persecution-is-coming-135348/

2015/3/9 21:32Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Franklin Graham Warns Christians in America 'Persecution Is Coming'

Quote: "I believe we're going to see persecution in this country"

Okay but no message of hope - what is God going to do, how we will he prepare us to face the anti-christ and the persecution that will come with his appearing.

2015/3/9 22:09Profile

Re:

I'm not a fan of this fear mongering.

Legally, Christians have rights. The USA is built by the people, for the people. I know it's got corruption everywhere but...persecution? No. Not even close.

Taking away all the firm laws in place, would take more than 20-30 years before anything would resemble persecution.

Maybe if the country was one step away from anarchy, sure, persecution could be soon around the corner but that would mean not only the Christians should fear but Muslims too.

Graham should focus on the gospel and not trying to inaccurately predict things like Pat Robertson.

Focus on the gospel, focus on feeding and helping people.

2015/3/10 1:31
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

There is some wisdom in that, LMH.

I see and believe persecution is nascent, present, and about to thrive here. So, warning of it is beneficial, IF....IF we are doing so to equip Christians in NT living and enduring as opposed to political posturing.

I have a deep distrust of all things media, and when Graham uses mainstream media like Fox (which opposes Christ as much as MSNBC) it taints his message. Media outlets are political beings and irredeemable. These pronouncements are never warnings to the people of media and politics to repent and abandon themselves to Christ and they always end with a "thanks for having me." They accept the media on media's terms. It is difficult to take any warnings in media from Christians seriously.

But, then, we don't need those warnings to know. Anyone who has their eyes on Christ can see where we are. Let us who are NOT shaking hands and thanking the world say the truth of things.

2015/3/10 8:19Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:
murrcolr wrote:
Okay but no message of hope - what is God going to do, how we will he prepare us to face the anti-christ and the persecution that will come with his appearing.

We should have been preparing ourselves all these good, abundant years. Were all of the virgins able to go with the bridegroom? Yes, but were they all prepared?

Sadly, if we aren’t prepared, we aren’t prepared b/c I believe we will wake up one morning (in who knows how many years) and it be upon us and if we aren’t read up and prayed up it will be too late.

But really, who can prepare you for being tortured?

2015/3/10 8:46Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

( I'm here to tell you that the only way, the only hope is not a Republican, it's not a Democrat or whoever. The only hope is that this country repents of its sins and turns once again to the God of our fathers and to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ — otherwise, there is no hope.")

This a portion of the article on Franklin's comments. The call for national repentance runs in his family.

Russell

2015/3/10 8:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lysa said: But really, who can prepare you for being tortured?

Dr. MLKjr and Rosa Parks prepared for their social/human rights war. They have videos preparing them by practice yelling at them and calling them names. I'm sure you could find videos on youtube, legit real training for what they were about to endure.

We can prepare too. :)

2015/3/10 9:05
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Richard Wurmbrand insisted not only that we should prepare for torture, but lectured on how. Hard to read, though.

https://theagetocome.wordpress.com/2008/02/10/preparing-for-the-underground-church/

2015/3/10 9:24Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

I love Franklin Graham.

Speaking "truth to power", though, by calling on the "country" to repent is futile. Not that repentance ought not be proclaimed. But, I think he stops woefully short by not calling believers to abandon all thought of government as a source of identity, hope, meaning, and even structure. When Christians hear that hope does not rest in parties, they think it is because the people in those parties are unrighteous--they do not see that the truth is that all government and politics and civil law are opposed to Christ. We STILL love to wave the flag, pledge our allegiance to it, and think of ourselves as patriotic. We STILL do not see that this view of life and reality is a satanic deception and illusion.

Franklin Graham has not called us to true repentance. I love him, but he is blinded. He holds a tradition of men -- American patriotism and American theism -- as a mixture of his Christian faith. I am hopeful that he and many others are thisclose to seeing the truth and acting on it, though. When they do, and the church in America repents of mixing its Caesar worship into its Christianity, look out. You think we are being persecuted now? Oh, boy...when we denounce all Americanism, all nationalism , all politics, all civil government as a repository of meaning and as a tool of Satan, we will be killed even by those who think they are doing God a service.

2015/3/10 9:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

We need more men of God speaking the truth
from the pulpit and warning the Church of
the coming persecution.

I praise God that the Fox News network continues
to do interviews with Christian leaders that are not
ashamed of the gospel of Christ, and are allowed
to share the gospel freely.

The Word of God admonishes us to expose the