SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Brother Mike

Thank you for your post Brother. It almost seems as if we are talking about two different subjects. You seem to have put me as defending every one who thinks they are a prophet, I am not.

Quote:
Think 'outcome' not 'references'

I am sorry… I do not understand that statement. Could you please elaborate?

Quote:
Taking 'to an extent' into consideration, perhaps in the light of "God is not a respecter of persons" would agree up to that point, but the danger is that far too many have taken something similar to this and ran with it and now we have the confusion of Babel all over again. That is why by and large some of us find this to be absolute nonsense. Because by and large there has been some kind of kooky idea that has spawned all these 'prophetic' ministries in the last what 20 to 50 years? Where are all the 'prophets' from the 1800's, 1700, so on and so on back?

Quote:
How can an individual write such extreme praise of himself and his writings, attach such enormous, crucial, vital importance to his writings, argue for his being a special, one of a kind, never-before-seen, never-to-be-repeated agent of God and then impute a lack of meekness and humility and teachableness to those who doubt this

Okay, what does this have to do with me? Have I ever posted anything even remotely resembling what you have pointed out here?

Quote:
Just an example and again speaking in generalities here, but one thing that keeps cropping up time and time again; This penchant towards always having to defend themselves. And like MC stated, we want to see a badge here, where are your 'credentials'?, not your defense of them.

I am not defending myself, rather I am defending the administration of prophets. There is much falsehood but let not this blind us from the administration altogether, supposing that every prophet is a false prophet. I am sorry I cannot defend every prophet, I can only speak for myself. Again, I do not carry a badge other than Christ in me….how can I demonstrate this over the forum. Rather, ask yourselves, how have I behaved myself on this forum in all the time you have known me? Is this also another deception? What is have I spoken about? Is this too another deception.

Quote:
Another aspect to all this is in how closely tied all this is to the WOF, prosperity gospel, health and wealth and so on. What is the catch all phrase when a badge is asked for from these folks?
"Touch not the Lords anointed", again, on the defensive.

I HATE the prosperity gospel! Have I ever said, “follow me, and I will lead you into all mysteries and riches in this world”? Come on man. The generalities are a little frustrating. Anyone who has read my posts knows that I study my Bible diligently and I encourage it but I assert that the Bible is just a means to an end (Christ), it is not and end in itself.

Quote:
What it has produced is a whole generation of not only easy-believism, seeking after signs and wonders, materialism, 'what's in it for me', self help, self exalting, self centered, surface level faith that hardly resembles anything other than vain imaginations run wild with Christian overtones. It has become less and less of an exchanged life and more and more of just an outward show of things.

Is this a reference to me or just a general observation? As it so happens I have also seen this in false prophets but, have I given you the impression that this is what I preach? On one hand I am told I am “reading too much into this” on the other hand I must show a badge. I must both defend myself and not defend myself at the same time, again, I say, I defend not only myself but also the true administration. Re-read what I wrote and you will see that I did not accuse anyone of being a Pharisee. I made a general observation of what can hinder the search for truth- bias and assumptions. The Pharisees really did not “test” Jesus, they defined Him away. We must all have some healthy skepticism but we must never forget to also listen for the truth, and view the whole message, rather than quote little snippets out of context. This is not an attack on you dear Brother Mike, but I just felt moved to say that. I hope no one is offended by this. Please take a deep breath and re-read this before you post- the Lord knows I need to do the same! :-)

James

2005/5/5 9:58Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Jimm wrote:
It almost seems as if we are talking about two different subjects. You seem to have put me as defending every one who thinks they are a prophet, I am not.

With what standard do you, personally, distinguish between the two?

2005/5/5 10:10Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

Brother Daryl you asked,
"Brother Rahman! You still love me"?

Well brother D to fracture Rom. 8:35-39 just slightly let me answer ... "Who shall separate us from the love of (one another in) Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, [b](nor the SI Forum)[/b] shall be able to separate us from the love of (one another in) God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" ... :-P

Of course i love you man, i never stopped, this is one of the most important things Holy Spirit has taught me on this Forum, disagreements and differences of opinion are momentary in the light of the eternal love we share as joint heir in Christ ...

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. [b]By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another[/b]" ... John 13:34,35

This kind of love is the "oil" that assures the easy fluidity of all things working toward for our good ... Amen

2005/5/5 10:26Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:

A false prophet has to many faces to define, I can only speak for my self and say I am not ‘pushing’ anything other than Jesus Christ. I do not even have a program or a plan (not that that is necessarily a virtue) on what we should do next or where God will pour out His Spirit. I cannot promise you riches and good times, because I myself am not looking for that neither do I believe I should or any Christian for that matter. I do not have a mailing list or a church for you to join (again, these are not necessarily bad things). I am not asking you to commit to me and my way of living, but rather to the Lord. I do not have anything of myself to give you nor do I want anything from you, other than to simply believe that God is not watching helplessly as the Devil raises false prophet after false prophets but the Lord has His servants (not all prophets) activated even now. I am so ordinary that I can understand why people do not believe what I say. I have not claimed to have obtained “it” but I am a fellow sojourner learning from others as I go, I press on closer and closer to the mark. I know I have not been gifted to just serve myself and be ‘fruitful’ quiet Christian, but I am eager to serve, in any capacity, even if it is just to one member of the body. Are we still okay so far?

James

2005/5/5 10:30Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

Brother (Farai) Ironman,

This old well may be tapped out on this subject but you young wells (you and James) certainly seem to be full of gush! ... :-P ... i'm enjoying the reading of this thread .... :-D

i like this observation ...

"we are not exempt from our daily Christian duties but rather we now have something beyond that to be responsible for" ...

These two scriptures come to mind in reference to you both ...

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them ... Ecc. 12:1

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" ... 1Tim. 4:12

Follow Jesus as Holy Spirit points the way, for He will never point to anyone else, or lift up anyone else but Jesus ... Amen

2005/5/5 10:31Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, (nor the SI Forum) shall be able to separate us from the love of (one another in) God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

Amen! :lol:

2005/5/5 10:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Briefly

As it always seems....running short on time here.

James, real quick. Give the 'walking in the Spirit' thread a gander, it might lend some perspective... My tendencies is to speak in generalities and that often comes from bouncing off of things mentioned here, not as a lumping together of particulars to anyone... in particular. Hate to leave you hanging, but will come back to this.

You guys are still loved here... ask Rahman 8-)

2005/5/5 10:40Profile

Re:

Quote:

Jimm wrote:
Quote:

A false prophet has to many faces to define, I can only speak for my self and say I am not ‘pushing’ anything other than Jesus Christ. I do not even have a program or a plan (not that that is necessarily a virtue) on what we should do next or where God will pour out His Spirit. I cannot promise you riches and good times, because I myself am not looking for that neither do I believe I should or any Christian for that matter. I do not have a mailing list or a church for you to join (again, these are not necessarily bad things). I am not asking you to commit to me and my way of living, but rather to the Lord. I do not have anything of myself to give you nor do I want anything from you, other than to simply believe that God is not watching helplessly as the Devil raises false prophet after false prophets but the Lord has His servants (not all prophets) activated even now. I am so ordinary that I can understand why people do not believe what I say. I have not claimed to have obtained “it” but I am a fellow sojourner learning from others as I go, I press on closer and closer to the mark. I know I have not been gifted to just serve myself and be ‘fruitful’ quiet Christian, but I am eager to serve, in any capacity, even if it is just to one member of the body. Are we still okay so far?

James

I say amen, and exactly correct. Anyone who is humbly used of God in any capacity can say amen to what you wrote dear saint. God bless you real good. I'm honored and privileded to be in your fellowship. All that you wrote I can attest to as well. I'm in the same predicament as you. Thank you so much for baring your heart and soul. To God be the glory, now and forever amen.

2005/5/5 11:01
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:
All that you wrote I can attest to as well. I'm in the same predicament as you.

I am always encouraged by you Brother Lahry.

1 Peter 5:8-9 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that [b]the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.[/b]

James

2005/5/5 11:33Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Briefly

Quote:
As it always seems....running short on time here.

James, real quick. Give the 'walking in the Spirit' thread a gander, it might lend some perspective... My tendencies is to speak in generalities and that often comes from bouncing off of things mentioned here, not as a lumping together of particulars to anyone... in particular. Hate to leave you hanging, but will come back to this.

You guys are still loved here... ask Rahman

Thanks Brother Mike...I am still chewing over that thread...I'll be in touch.

James

PS: you should get MSN messenger!

2005/5/5 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy