SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

Dohzman you wrote;
"Jonah--lets look at what he said in ch 4 the results of God's character note verses1-2. Eze--I'll take him on last since he's a complex character".

Hmmmm i thought i did in my answer: Interesting ... i was more under the impression that the main purpose of a prophet was to go and do exactly what God tells Him to do whether he likes it or not, especially as in the case of Jonah who neither understood God's love and mercy toward Niniveh and certainly didn't agree with God about it ... i dare say it's a much easier task to take on the merciful mind of God in the calling, but as with Jonah God was determined to use him no matter how he felt in the calling ...

The reason why i answered your post is because of your "generalizions" of ALL (modern) prophets of God by your statement;

Quote:
"In repentance writters and preachers I don't hear a broken heart full of love and mercy, just a pointing finger quick to give blame" ...

... You don't know ALL of God's present day prophets, and therefore should not judge them ALL by the ones you're familiar with ...

... and your post title;
"You've all missed the mark"!

... which is why i attempted to get across that WE ALL (including yourself) sin and fall short, but strive for the mark of excellence anyhow ...

Bottom line is you seem to be harder on a man of God (which is why i brought up Jonah) than God is (thanks be unto Him that some of us even when called to His service have to catch up with His love and mercy) ... So no need to pull your hair out about Ezekiel, i'n not looking for a long drawn out debate, i've said my piece ... But i do praise God that you're not in a position to have to recieve a repentance message from any modern day prophet, that's a real blessing for you right there ... But lets both hope and pray in His divine mercy and long suffering love that those who need to will ...

Br. R

2005/4/28 20:08Profile
dohzman

How long did they stand in God's presence

Answer---- They never left. They walked with an ever present realization that they lived in the very presence of God. In many cases thier humanity came through much like Peter when he was walking on the water, but God always came through for them----even when Jeremiah accused God of tricking him, btw God blessed him after that statement.

2005/4/28 20:10Profile
Rahman

Re: How long did they stand in God's presence

Brother Dohzman ...

A question just hit me! ... Are you a prophet?

2005/4/28 20:15Profile
dohzman

what is a prophets reward?

Matt 10 : 41-42 Most don't really understand what a prophets reward is, its different than a prophets lot in life. Being poor we make many rich. The reward people recieve from thier association with true prophets of God is very diverse, healings deliverences provision---just look at the result of the mircles and results of the prophets of old and the interaction with people who did good toward them or who came seeking from them the Word of the Lord. Note there were 2 types of people who came, thoughs with sincer3e hearts and thoughs without sincere hearts, each got a different response.

2005/4/28 20:18Profile
dohzman

Re:

No

2005/4/28 20:19Profile
Rahman

Re: Prophetic Credentials.....

See brother Dohzman,

That's the thing that always puzzles me about God ... The ones like you who already know what "the calling" is supposed to be down to the "T" He bypasses ... But the ones who don't and most often don't even want to be called He chooses ...

Man ... who can understand the mysteries of the Most High?

God bless!

Br. R ... :beard:

2005/4/28 20:27Profile
dohzman

Re: ????

I rember while preaching on the streets one night a man took a gun out put it to my head and tried to pull the trigger--- he shook with all his might as he tried to shoot me but couldn't. Was i scared? YES! My wife and children, my concern for them mainly. Afterwards I asked the Lord what would have happened if that man had killed me. I heard this and felt His presence, "well done thou good and faithful SERVANT enter into the joy of thy Lord". I'm not a bible teacher or scholar , I'm not very learned at all, but my hearts desire is to serve God and people any way I can. But most of the time I'm misunderstood. Only thing I want to hear when I leave earth is well done thou good and faithful servant. Bro. Daryl

2005/4/28 20:30Profile

One thing for sure....

I don't think any modern day prophet of God will ever make front page of so called christian magazines. They surely can't get enough support to be on radio. Most local churches already have a pulpit glut. Looks like the internet is about the only way they have to get the message out........to whosoeverwill.

2005/4/28 21:18
dohzman

Re:

The only one biblically to claim the office of a prophet was Jezebell and the false prophets. As to harder on the ministry? Yep James 3:1-2 says those who instruct will be more severally judged. It has to do with , "to whom much is given much is required". And while I don't personally know each and every man or woman who has the administrational office of a prophet or prophetess I do know some. As to Jonah ? I think God was pretty tough on Jonah. When's the last time you got ate up by a large fish for disobedience?--------------maybe there's hope for me yet? what ya think?

2005/4/28 21:56Profile
moreofHim

Re:

No matter what giftings I may or may not have, I still think we should just worry about being a "brother" or "sister"- a servant (as Bro. Daryll says). It's not like God isn't going to use you just because you refuse the title of prophet.

Oswald Chambers was a prophet. I am sure he never even thought of that when he was alive.

hmmmmmm. just thoughts :)

In His love, chanin

2005/4/28 22:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy