SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival in the Hebrides

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

It was really pretty to hear.

The simplicity of faith of the people there is winsome.

I am no 5 point Calvinist, but when you listen to the preaching of the holiness of God, the mercies of God and the reality of the work of the Holy Spirit, you quit counting points and start loving people. That is what I hear in the preaching of Duncan Campbell and others.

The Free Presbyterian Church of North America is a work launched by the Scottish FPs. They have only a handful of churches in America, but just so happen to have one about 20 minutes from my home. May visit. Big change from Pentecostal church, but I have about gone through my final gauntlet of silliness and assault from the movement I have loved.

I listened to one sermon online from the FP church near me, and it was sound, personable and did not seem to be oratory for the sake of the preacher. So, I am investigating.

Edit: FPs of Ireland, not Scotland, started the FP church in the USA. Told you I am investigating. :)

2015/3/25 8:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"I said you aren’t William Macleod by any chance? “yes I am” I said I was reading about you today & revival. For a man in his late 80s he lit up & said “oh that God would do it again” you could see the passion & fire & Love for the Lord.

The Lord taught me a lesson that night, as we hoped in the car I felt His Still small voice say ” I can make you meet anyone, anywhere I want you to meet”.

God will do it again if His people hunger and thirst for a move of God in whatever region that they live in.

May the Lord open up those wells of revival in that place where He moved so mightily once before.

May the Spirit of intercession and travail come upon the Church in the Hebrides, and may the rain of the Spirit fall in that place once again.

In Jesus name we pray!!

2015/3/25 9:21Profile
Theophila

Re:

Hey brother,
What's the name of the FP church near you?

2015/3/25 21:08Profile
dolfan

Re:

Trinity Free Presbyterian Church

Trinity, AL

2015/3/25 23:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: dolfan

Quote:
dolfan wrote:
The Free Presbyterian Church of North America is a work launched by the Scottish FPs. They have only a handful of churches in America, but just so happen to have one about 20 minutes from my home. May visit. Big change from Pentecostal church, but I have about gone through my final gauntlet of silliness and assault from the movement I have loved.

If you speak in tongues, do not tell them!! Before I found sermonindex, I went to sermonaudio and I loved listening to Stephen Hamilton from Lehigh Valley Free Presbyterian. The man knows his Bible... to a point.

But... they hate Catholics so bad the home office of the Free Presbytery outlawed speaking in tongues BECAUSE tongue speaking Christians had started having meetings with Catholics and the Catholics had received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and started speaking in tongues... so of course, the logical thing to do was ban speaking in tongues!!!

Now, mind you, I haven't listened to this sermon for about eight years but that is what I remember from the sermon and I because I was so disappointed that this educated man could be a part of this idiocy, I couldn't bring myself to listen to anymore of his sermons.

God bless,
Lisa

edit ---- from the website of the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland: "Furthermore, the Presbytery does not permit anyone who practices the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic form of tongues (either in public or private) to be in membership of any Free Presbyterian congregation."

Standing down about tongues. You can email me if you have any questions. God bless

2015/3/26 0:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lisa wrote: If you speak in tongues, do not tell them!!

Is that honest Lisa? It says "does not permit anyone who practices the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic form of tongues (either in public OR PRIVATE)". I would call that deception and downright disobedience to the leaders but in a sneaky way, and wonder why you don't?

2015/3/26 3:37
dolfan

Re:

No questions. I saw it too.

I am not in search of a church. We are church.

I am smarting hard from what is happening in our local church and how we are being treated. But, I am and have long been aware that it was unavoidable. Our preaching mimics Pentecost like a mynah bird mimics what it hears. It mimes Pentecost like Harpo Marx mimed Lucy Ricardo. (Hope you get that.)

Where is the church who lives in Pentecost without the histrionics and pseudo-spiritual lingo and meaningless rallies to run, jump, roll and shout? Where is simple proclamation of Gospel truth and an open heart and mind to the Holy Spirit gifts of all kinds and not just tongues and interpretations? Where is the humility to sit down and open the way for all of the body to be involved in the meeting? Where is the fearlessness that says "This is a calling to die and not a career to prosper in?"

The church is broken. It is so broken that it cannot even diagnose itself. Our church is especially broken in the Spirit and truth. We have made others see it and most do not want to admit it. Some reluctantly do.

But you make yourself no friends. And then here is no one else to connect with.

2015/3/26 8:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
krautfrau wrote:
Is that honest Lisa? It says "does not permit anyone who practices the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic form of tongues (either in public OR PRIVATE)". I would call that deception and downright disobedience to the leaders but in a sneaky way, and wonder why you don't?

I say this in love, but you need to get a sense of humor because I was being funny TO DOLFAN.

Speaking for myself, after finding their that blurb on their website I would have never gone, so there would be no deception involved. Conversation over.

God bless,
Lisa

2015/3/26 10:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
dolfan writes:
Our preaching mimics Pentecost like a mynah bird mimics what it hears. It mimes Pentecost like Harpo Marx mimed Lucy Ricardo. (Hope you get that.)

LOL I got it!!

The loneliest walk is one who walks in truth, my friend.

God bless,
Lisa

2015/3/26 10:41Profile

Re:

I never joke about sin Lisa. Conversation over when I am done.

2015/3/26 10:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy