SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISIS Beheads 21 Coptic Christians in 'Message to Nation of the Cross'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 ISIS Beheads 21 Coptic Christians in 'Message to Nation of the Cross'

Men in orange jumpsuits purported to be Egyptian Christians held captive by the Islamic State (IS) kneel in front of armed men along a beach said to be near Tripoli, in this still image from an undated video made available on social media on February 15, 2015. Islamic State released the video on Sunday purporting to show the beheading of 21 Egyptian Christians kidnapped in Libya. In the video, militants in black marched the captives to a beach that the group said was near Tripoli. They were forced down onto their knees, then beheaded. Egypt's state news agency MENA quoted the spokesman for the Coptic Church as confirming that 21 Egyptian Christians believed to be held by Islamic State were dead.

ISIS released a video on Sunday showing the apparent mass beheading of 21 Coptic Christians who had been kidnapped in December and January from Libya.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/isis-beheads-21-coptic-christians-in-message-to-nation-of-the-cross-egypt-bombs-terror-group-in-response-134142/

2015/2/16 11:14Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: ISIS Beheads 21 Coptic Christians in 'Message to Nation of the Cross'

"I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years." - Revelation 20:4

2015/2/16 11:14Profile
docs

Re: An early manifestation

It's entirely heartbreaking. To me its a early manifestation of the fourth and final beast who is doing these things - "Exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its claws of bronze, and which devoured, crushed, and trampled down the remainder with its feet" (Daniel 7:21) and who "will wear down the saints of the Most High" (Daniel 7:25).

It's main characteristic is that it will be an exceedingly dreadful destroyer and in what I think is an early manifestation of it it has singled our Jews and Chrisitians as those foremost it wants to destroy.

It makes it even more mandatory to determine for sure whether the church is going to be here or not. Adequate preparation depends on it. I'm not trying to create a fire of contention with that statement. It is just my opinion.

2015/2/17 10:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy