SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Live stream tomorrow

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Live stream tomorrow

Been a while since I posted on here...one reason is because I started a new church last year.
Like to invite you if your not attending a church tomorrow at 11:30am for our live stream service.
Go to ahophillsboro.com and click live on the front page at 11:30am.

IN HIM, Brent

2015/2/7 23:02Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Live stream tomorrow

Thanks, I'm going to try and watch it on my android tablet.

2015/2/8 8:35Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Brent - I have a question, I took a look at some video's on youtube and noticed that the room is darkened. I recently attended a church in Aberdeen which was doing the same thing.. I didn't get the chance to ask that Pastor the reason behind it, but can you explain the reason behind why you are doing it?

2015/2/8 9:22Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thanks for the link, I got to hear it.

2015/2/8 12:24Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Honestly there's no real reason except I think it gives a better focus and causes less distraction around you.

2015/2/8 16:51Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re: Live stream tomorrow

The message is recorded at ahophillsboro.com and then click live. Go to 2/8/15 message

2015/2/8 16:53Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I attended a church and they made everything black inside the auditorium, they said it was to do with the television cameras they had started using. They used to broadcast their services on a Christian TV channel.

2015/2/8 18:42Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Honestly there's no real reason except I think it gives a better focus and causes less distraction around you.

I can only speak about the church in Aberdeen, there I could hardly see the person next to me, while the worship team was lit up.

I can understand the mind set of trying to set a particular mood through the use of lights, I guess it's like having a romantic night with your wife you dim the lights and put on the candles, eat a nice meal together, which all enhance the sensual aspect of the evening.

The next question that springs to mind, who receives the benefit of sensual stimulation the worshiper or the one who is worshiped, have we then resorted to satisfying the flesh during worship.

Brent I don't mean to cause you any offence it's just the questions I have in my mind and I guess you can see by my questions, being in that church in Aberdeen caused me more distractions rather than less.

2015/2/9 1:00Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I know what you mean. I used to find it difficult too, in our church.

I thought the guy preaching in your link Brent had his heart in the right place. I quite enjoyed hearing that talk. He touched on things that we hear about in a lot of the old sermons on here.

2015/2/9 6:40Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Funny that you asked that because I just preached last week a little on this topic. You can hear that message as well. One of my points was "don't worship the worship"
Our church is not real dark as you described. It may appear real dark on camera.
I have been in churches myself I couldn't see to walk. That's too dark for me.
For me a little dark is allowing me to focus on Him more...make me feel I'm alone with Him...."behind the veil".

Hope this helps brother!

2015/2/9 9:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy