Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pray for Kent Hovind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Yes I agree with you Sandra. I accept he probably did wrong with his taxes, but can't help wondering how they could jail him for 10 years let alone life! Is there any precedent for this and is there no appeal to reason or law on this?

2015/2/13 15:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Ray comfort wrote this on his facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort/posts/994555743898232

Please keep Kent Hovind in your prayers...
I just called the Governor of Florida and left a message for him. I said that Kent had done his time, and that I'd be so grateful if he would consider a pardon. It's easy to do: 1(850) 488-7146. Your call could make a difference.

2015/3/11 20:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but if you read the Wikipedia article on Mr Hovind it is clear that he is not in jail for his belief in a young earth. He is in jail for a lot of dishonest and unchristian stuff that he did much of which admittedly stemmed from illegal operation of his business and tax evasion.

What am I missing here?

2015/3/12 15:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

though I agree that his choices were not perfect and he could have done things as a better example as a minister of the Gospel. It is a fact that 43% Of Americans don't pay federal taxes - http://www.businessinsider.com/43-of-americans-dont-pay-federal-income-tax-2013-9

He is being treatly unfairly and now the IRS has him paying over 1 million dollars in missing taxes when it started at just over $10,000 or something smaller. It seems he is being made an example of. It would not hurt for other christian believers to pray for him and to even petition his release or the unfair circumstances to be relieved from his situation.

p.s. brother todd, we recommend not using the word you used in your communication, the language is too rough and can offend and influence wrongly especially young people viewing the website: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jerk

2015/3/12 16:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thanks Greg. I did not intend any offense by the word.

I agree that of course we should pray.

2015/3/12 18:47Profile

Re:

I don't know all the facts about Kent Hovind but quoting 43% of Americans not paying tax is a fairly poor example to prove any point.

America is saturated with poor people, many in extreme poverty. Luckily there are many agencies to support these poor people so that there isn't a front face and public GreatER Depression.

Hovind isn't above the law. If someone is after him, well, I do think he tried to run from the law by not rending to Caesar's what is his. I came to this opinion because I remember hearing about his perspective through some old teachings from him, I could be mistaken but I remember that he didn't think he was supposed to pay taxes because of the constitution or something.

One million is a bit extreme. I'm sure the IRS decided to throw the book at him due to his lack of motivation to actually pay taxes.

Anywho, I'm still unresolved on my perspective on Hovind, I just wanted to add some counter weight since I haven't seen too much in this thread. And also make the point that 43% of Americans don't pay taxes because they are too poor, not because they decided to not pay.

2015/3/13 11:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy