Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Why Lord

Why Lord

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."(Proverbs 3:5-6)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:6-7)

Verses that carry us through times of pain and sorrow and many times when all we can say is "Why Lord?"Times when our understanding of circumstances is dark and no answers come.Times when our patience and faith seems to be put to the most severe test.Times when our cries and comfort from others with their words can't reach the depths of our pain and hurt.Times when all we have is Jesus.Times when we just have to lay it all on Him and let His love for us do the guarding of our hearts and minds with His peace that surpasses all the understanding we can muster up with these finite minds of ours.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 8:35-39)

It's not our love for Him that sustains us through sorrow but His Love for us.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.(Ephesians 3:20-21)

2015/2/3 14:58Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Why Lord

On similar theme, I read this yesterday on Herald of His Coming, for which I thank SI for introducing me to a few months back.

http://www.heraldofhiscoming.com/Past%20Issues/2015/February/in_times_of_trouble.htm

2015/2/3 16:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy