Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : PRAYER PLEASE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

LoveMeekHope,

I have released, and continue to release, my sons to whatever means God must use to save their souls. What mother would "let them go" deeper into sin without putting up a fight in the heavenlies against the powers of darkness that hold them captive?? That is the reason I again seek prayer from some of the saints here who have been praying for them since 2010. I am grateful for every prayer offered from the bottom of my heart....I will have a praise report one day...

2015/5/2 22:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have released, and continue to release,

We can't release something a second time unless we continue to grab for that thing again.

Quote:
What mother would "let them go" deeper into sin without putting up a fight in the heavenlies against the powers of darkness that hold them captive??

My concern is prayers being negated or the enemy using you to steal the seed of faith.

You have many, many saints praying for your children. We only need two to agree and God's war is won but you have an abundance. I fear the reason is you are meddling in God's affairs with your controlling nature.

I'm being a little hard but it's what I see in prayer. If you let go, God's mighty hand can move. I'm not perfect nor do I think I have a full understanding but this is glaring me in the face. Be blessed and I hope you hear my plea.

2015/5/2 23:45
mama27

Re:

My goodness, you don't even know me! I was asking for prayer....

2015/5/2 23:48Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I will continue to pray for you.

Rdg

2015/5/3 0:04Profile

Re:

Like I said, I'm not perfect but it's the strong impression I get when I read your posts and pray. Take it, leave it, whatever you choose hopefully you are following God's guidance for your life. Your kids are in the hands of God and that is a terrific thing. We serve a good God and He doesn't lose any of His, even if some might go to the pig pen during their journey.

2015/5/3 0:10
mama27

Re:

Thank you so much to any who have prayed....

I am responding to LoveMeekHope....I almost didn't post b/c it is easy to have misunderstandings on this forum. I post very little on this site because more often than not there are responses that are contentious - this leaves me emotionally drained which I don't have time for.

That said, I believe we can always learn from or hear from the Lord via people's words to us. I spent a fitful night of sleep examining myself in response to your words yesterday. You do not know me....you do not know how God has been working with me and growing me through the trials in my family. I have sensed a bit of harshness from you in some of your other postings, and I just wanted to humbly suggest that perhaps your words could be seasoned with a bit more grace.

Regarding letting my sons "scrape their knee", I believe it is more dangerous than that. We have AIDS, we have out of wedlock pregnancies, we have drug and alcohol addictions that may take years or a lifetime to overcome. You wouldn't pass a drowning man without jumping in to save him or tossing out a life preserver. I believe my sons are at the point of drowning - that is why I asked for prayer.

As far as my continuing to release them to the Lord, it is no different than yielding ourselves afresh each day (indeed each moment) to what the Lord would do in our lives. Do any of us not have times when we "take it back again"?

I trust you meant well in your comments but they heaped a ton of bricks on me. I hope my words are not harsh in return. God bless you...

2015/5/3 12:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
Regarding letting my sons "scrape their knee", I believe it is more dangerous than that. We have AIDS, we have out of wedlock pregnancies, we have drug and alcohol addictions that may take years or a lifetime to overcome. You wouldn't pass a drowning man without jumping in to save him or tossing out a life preserver. I believe my sons are at the point of drowning - that is why I asked for prayer.

As far as my continuing to release them to the Lord, it is no different than yielding ourselves afresh each day (indeed each moment) to what the Lord would do in our lives. Do any of us not have times when we "take it back again"?

I trust you meant well in your comments but they heaped a ton of bricks on me. I hope my words are not harsh in return. God bless you...

God's yoke is easy and His burden is light. I'm sorry if it felt like bricks, as that wasn't my intention.

God has used many extremely unsavory situations for the good. Look at Solomon birth situation, who's line leads us to Jesus. His mother is Bathsheba, we all should know that story of David, Uriah, and Bathsheba.

Look at Hosea and Gomer. Gomer was a prostitute and unfaithful to Hosea. Yet we understand some of God's unfailing love for us through the book of Hosea.

God works ALL things for the good. My desire is for you to see that even these 'horrible' things that you are imagining can be used by the Almighty God to bring them into a relationship with Him. He works them ALL for our good.

Quote:
I spent a fitful night of sleep examining myself in response to your words yesterday. You do not know me....you do not know how God has been working with me and growing me through the trials in my family.

I agree. I don't know you. I will be held accountable, by God, for my words and have been questioned by you. At the end of the day, you are in charge of your life, I'm in charge of mine. Iron sharpens iron but that doesn't mean the process is always gentle. If God is saying to you, 'This person is wrong. That's not accurate to your situation.' Then follow the Lord, don't follow my advice. If God is silent, I'd encourage you to press into God because His advice will be clear.

It's my perspective when others give us advice, that we are to 'test all things' and 'hold to what is true'. God might've brought godly counsel to our feet, will we hear it? Or the enemy will try to dissuade us, will we stand firm with the Lord (I call this Rehoboam's challenge)?

I apologize for the perceived harshness of my words, as that wasn't my desire. I pray that the Lord's word shines like a light and it gives you peace and rest regarding this matter.

2015/5/3 13:32
mama27

Re:

Let's be done, LoveMeekHope. I believe this is getting off-track when I was asking for urgent prayer regarding my son.

2015/5/3 15:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy