SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : PRAYER PLEASE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

We patiently wait on Him to finish what He starts. We pray with you for your son.

2015/2/6 21:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

We know the will of God in this matter. Many times God will use these incidents to shape us, teaching us trust in Him. Hardest lesson to learn when you know a soul is at stake. I know.

I sometimes try to imagine what hell would be like - about drives you crazy, and to think people will actually choose to go there????!!!!! and some of them are you kinfolks...??? Lord have mercy.

Will continue to pray for you.

Sandra

2015/2/8 15:48Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you all for your comments, and for your prayers. Just learned that he has been into some really bad stuff. My heart is just in anguish. You think you train them well, you try to model Christ. I am certain that I did not pray enough over the years. But when it comes down to it, it is between a soul and God....and the human heart is desperately wicked. Bless you all!

2015/2/8 20:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Thank you all for your comments, and for your prayers. Just learned that he has been into some really bad stuff. My heart is just in anguish. You think you train them well, you try to model Christ. I am certain that I did not pray enough over the years. But when it comes down to it, it is between a soul and God....and the human heart is desperately wicked. Bless you all!

You know, you can and should teach your children the wisdom of the Bible and be a living demonstration of His ways before them but in the end they will have to go through the same tests and trials and make the same mistakes that you made before they come to the realization that they desperately need Jesus Christ. Once they come to that realization and turn in truth to Christ, then He comes in like a flood and and fills the heart with His faith, hope, and love. How glorious is the God of our salvation!

In Christ,

2015/2/8 21:35Profile
mama27

Re:

What baffles me though, is that my husband and I were raised in moral, but unbelieving homes....We were saved as young marrieds, and distinctly raised our children to love the Lord and the Bible and as set-apart unto Jesus....quite a difference in upbringing with basically the same outcome.....ONLY GOD....

2015/2/8 23:48Profile
mama27

Re:

If anyone is led to pray, it seems my son's interest in spiritual things was short-lived. He is only 22 but has taken a position with a large company that is hugely pro-homosexual. He is leaving today for a 2-week training course in another large city out of state. He is being lured by big money and all the glitz and glamour. As a mother, I am panicked at his being alone in a hotel room for 2 weeks with his history of drink and women. I know of course, that God knows all about this and can handle it. I am asking for prayer that God will convict of sin and hedge him in and that he will not plunge any deeper into sin....Perhaps God will meet him in the alone hours while he is gone, and remind him of his Christian upbringing. Just wanted to ask for prayer if any of you are led, to pray as you would for your own child. He is very hardened and full of himself. A huge contrast to the brokenness I had seen several weeks back. Thank you so much, and God bless you!

2015/3/1 9:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Will pray...

2015/3/1 18:05Profile

Re:

This must be so heart breaking and devastating, as you know you are on my prayer list.
I have been trying to witness to a several people in the last few years - this has been quite a challenge.
May i share some more thoughts and scriptures.

I regularly cycle up a local hill, sometimes when i pray on the top i remember 2 Chronicles 20:15,16:
"Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's. ...go down against them

We know the story where the disciples were fishing all night but didn't catch anything. John 21:3
When the Lord told them to cast the net again they caught a great number of fish

Ultimately it is by the Lord's power.
Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. (Matthew 16:17 NLT )

Blessings, may we see an Awakening soon !

2015/3/2 1:17
mama27

Re:

For any who have prayed for our 2 prodigals...needing much wisdom (my husband) and God's intervention...22 y/o son about to leave our home and buy a condo in spite of counsel that this economy is not one to take on debt....it will lead to nightly drinking, womanizing...thinks he will live in another city M-F but home on weekends....However he is staying out nights even on the weekends. I believe at his young age he is addicted to alcohol. Worst is I think it is our older son (by 7 years) who is housing him for the overnights. I thought God was dealing with our oldest son by taking away much income, but that forced him to move in with a very wrong friend. My husband does not want to deal with this. Condo set to close May 15 and it seems it will seal his fate...I know God is over it all and is much bigger than this whole thing. If you are led, could you please pray that God would intervene and if possible, stop him from plunging much deeper into sin. And that my H would have wisdom and courage to deal with it. A dire situation affording God opportunity for much glory to His name. Thank you so much!!

2015/5/2 10:47Profile

Re:

So, I took the time to read this thread, if anyone can find the old thread THANKS.

Mama27, after reading your posts. You asked for "God to intervene" many times.

Let go. Honestly, let go. You can't force any of your children to believe. It's left for them to decide. I'm concerned that your grip might lead them away, please let go.

If you provided a godly example and your children know they are loved, then all you can do is pray and advise. You've advised one of your son's and they don't seem to be heeding the advice. The most important thing to do now is to pray.

I'm afraid this situation sounds like sand to me. The tighter your grip, the less you will have. The looser palm will hold more.

To clarify, if your son is going to drink and be promiscuous, then let him but don't stop praying. Twenty-two years old is old enough in any culture to learn mistakes. Let him scrap his knee. Let him fall. Without him learning these things for himself, nothing will ever take root.

2015/5/2 19:53

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy