SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : We have a backward gospel.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

We have a backward gospel.

Our gospel that we have grown up with is completely opposite of the real gospel.

Let me give you some examples.

We are told to make Christ or God number one in our life.

The fact is it was God who made us one in Christ. The whole of our redemption consists in our being made one with Christ, essentially born of Him, that having His whole redeeming nature come to life in us, we may be in Him, as He is in God, one spirit, one life to all eternity.

Eph. 1:4. "According as he hath chosen us before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love."

1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

Col. 3:3-4, "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

1 Cor. 6:17, "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit."

We are told to dedicate and rededicate ourselves to God.

It is God who is completely dedicated to us. He made an everlasting Covenant that concerns us that He WILL fulfill not only His part but our part also. We are just the beneficiaries and recipients of this unbreakable oath of God.

Jer. 31:31-34, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

We are told that we need to empty ourselves for Him.

It is Christ who emptied Himself for us.

Phip. 2:6-8. "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

We are told to give our life to God.

It is Christ who gives us His life.

The reality is that we were crucified with Christ and have been raised with Him.

The true gospel is centered on what Christ has given to us and not on what we can give to Him.

Rom. 6:3-6, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

Col. 3:4, "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

Gal. 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

1 Corinthians 1:30, "But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,"

2 Cor. 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

1 Cor. 3:17, "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

1 Cor. 6:15, "Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?"

1 Cor. 6:19, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

We are told to love God totally and supremely.

The love that the Law demanded is now a GIFT that is freely supplied under the New Covenant.

Deut. 30:6, "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."

It is impossible for us to somehow generate this love even for a second.

We are told we need a new heart.

God is the OLNY one who has already done this for us in Christ. It is not a result of any self effort.

Jer. 32:39-40, "I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good, and I will put the fear of me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from me."

Ezek. 36:25-27, "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean, I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols. Moreover I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe my ordinances."

Deut. 30:6, "And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou may live."

Jer. 24:7, "And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart."

Jer. 31:31-34, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Ezek. 11:19-20, "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God."

Heb. 8:8b, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people."

We are told to repent from our sins.

It is true that repentance is necessary but please remember that this repentance is a GIFT from God and IS NOT the result of our own efforts and energy. A person can shed many tears and grieve over past sins without repenting.

2 Tim. 2:25, "In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth."

The repentance that is necessary is actually contained and supplied in the preaching of the true gospel.

We are told to believe.

It is true that faith is necessary but please remember that this faith is a GIFT from God and IS NOT the result of our own efforts and energy. A person can give mental assent and agree with biblical facts without any faith whatsoever.

Christ is the ONLY true source of faith that can possibly exist.

Heb. 12:2, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It is Faith OF Christ that is necessary. This is not our faith in ourselves to somehow work up or generate faith. It is not our confidence of any facts. Many are making all sorts of efforts to attempts to believe but all these attempts are not only useless but they actually hinder God from giving a person the GIFT OF FAITH.

It is Christ Faithfulness TO US that we need to see and count on. We can have no confidence in our faithfulness to Him. This is why so many fail in the reality of truly experiencing Christ's life. They are too busy attempting to be faithful to Him to receive His GIFT.

Romans 3:22, "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:"

Galatians 2:16, "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Philippians 3:9, "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

2Timothy 3:15, "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

Remember it was Old Covenant that demanded Mankind's faithfulness. Man failed miserably to ever be faithful."

The New Covenant actually supplies and gives mankind's all the faithfulness that is necessary."

Under the new Covenant, It no longer depends on our faithfulness to Him but only on Christ's FAITHFULNESS TO US!"

Do you see His faithfulness to you?

The gospel does not demand faith ... it supplies faith.
The gospel does not demand love ... it supplies love..
The gospel does not demand repentance ... it supplies repentance.
The gospel does not demand surrender ... it supplies surrender.
The gospel does not demand obedience ... it supplies obedience.. ..

Now, see His love and faithfulness to you it and embrace it. The true Gospel of What God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us is the only message that actually contains and supplies everything that the law demanded.

2015/1/5 17:04
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: We have a backward gospel.

Only partly true, but there is still man's responsibility. Though God provides everything, if I do not get hold of him who holds me, I will fail.

If God provides everything and absolutely nothing is expected of man, then half of the New Testament is superfluous.

James 4:7 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Luke 10:27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

Romans 1:5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,

God gives grace, man needs to obey what they believe.

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

2015/1/6 6:17Profile

HE has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness.

Yes God has given us everything that is necessary in Christ. His Grace gives us the ability to respond.

Peter 1:2-4, "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Let us not forget the Christ died for us WHILE we were yet sinners and without any strength whatsoever. God's plan of salvation was to rescue mankind from sin and the consequences of the 1st Adam. God in Christ has now brought us in union with Him

What I am saying is that this favor and grace is a GIFT from God and was not a result of any works that anyone can do.
This favor was given to me BECAUSE OF WHAT CHRIST HAD ACCOMPLISHED ON THE CROSS AND HIS RESURRECTION. This is the ONLY reason why God found favor with me. While I was in my sins, He had favor on me but not by anything I did but based solely on the work of Christ.

He gave me this favor and the very faith that was required so I responded.

TO GOD GOES ALL THE GLORY!!

The true Christian life is very active and SPONTANEOUS because it is Christ's Life within us.

The true gospel is centered on what Christ has given to us and not on what we can give to Him.

I am an active participant in what God has accomplished in Christ. We need to see HIM and even this can not be an act of self effort.

The following words are from Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Daily Readings (November 4). It clearly communicates what I now know to be true: "In Thy light shall we see light Psalm 36:9 No lips can tell the love of Christ to the heart till Jesus Himself shall speak within. Descriptions all fall flat and tame unless the Holy Ghost fills them with life and power; till our Immanuel reveals Himself within, the soul sees Him not. If you would see the Son, would you gather together the common means of illumination, and seek in that way to behold the orb of day? No, the wise man knoweth that sun must reveal itself, and only by its own blaze can that might lamp be seen. It is so with Christ. "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona," said He to Peter, "For flesh and blood has not revealed this unto thee."

Purify flesh and blood by any educational process you may select, elevate mental faculties to the highest degree of intellectual power, yet none of these can reveal Christ. The Spirit of God must come with power, and overshadow the man with His wings, and then in that mystic Holy of Holies the Lord Jesus must display Himself to the sanctified eye, as He does not to the purblind sons of men. Christ must be His own mirror. The great mass of this blear-eyed world can see nothing of the ineffable glories of Immanuel. He stands before them without form or comeliness, a root out of a dry ground, rejected by the vain and despised by the proud.

Only where the Spirit has touched the eye with the eye salve, quickened the heart with divine life, and educated the soul to a heavenly taste, only there is He understood. "To you that believe He is precious;" To you He is the Chief Cornerstone, the Rock of your salvation, your all and all; but to others He is "a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense." Happy are those to whom our Lord manifests Himself, for His promise to such is that He will make His abode with them. Oh Jesus, our Lord, our heart is open, come in, and go out no more forever. Show Thyself to us now! Favor us with a glimpse of Thine all-conquering charms.

2015/1/6 8:12
TMK

NC, USA

Re: HE has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness.

Tic-

In your view, on what basis does God "grant" this gift of repentance or faith? In other words, who gets it?

2015/1/6 12:08Profile

Jesus Christ is our only hope

There is only ONE true foundation that we can trust in and relay fully on and that is what God in Christ has already accomplished for us and in us by Christ’s life, death and resurrection. Christ Himself is the only source of the repentance, love, faith, obedience, surrender, and justification. God was IN Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

2 Cor 5:18-19 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Romans 5:8-10 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

2 Cor. 5:14-5 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

2 Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Col. 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Grace gives us the ability to respond but many frustrate this Gift of grace by their own self efforts and miss out on truly experiencing all what God has already accomplished for them and in them

2015/1/6 14:04
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Jesus Christ is our only hope

I am not sure if you answered my question.

In your view is this "grace" available to all people?

If so, how is it "accessed?"

Heb 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God. This would seem to put the responsibility for faith on each person.

2015/1/6 14:55Profile

Re: Faith

Since Jesus Christ is the only source of true faith and the faith that is necessary is supplied in the Gospel, anyone can count on Him. This is NOT counting on any faith we try to have but on His faithfulness to us.

As I said before - Grace gives us the ability to respond but many frustrate this Gift of grace by their own self efforts and miss out on truly experiencing all what God has already accomplished for them and in them.

2015/1/6 16:32
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Bro.,
May I please speak The Truth in much love ?

Tuc,..may I ?

2015/1/6 17:24Profile

Re: speak truth

Elibeth,

Why don't you send me a email? It is listed in my profile.

2015/1/6 17:38
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

No offense Tuc, but you are espousing gobbledygook.

2015/1/6 17:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy