SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The solution to why you have failed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The solution to why you have failed

Before reading this make sure you have read the 1st article at

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53923&forum=34

Now that you see the law and sin and death and know that the only solution to it is to be freed from this law.

Now, Paul knew this fact to be true so then he wrote in Romans 7:24, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Now let us look at the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus which is the ONLY solution to this problem.

Romans 7:25, "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord."

The he goes on Romans 8:1-2,"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

Now here is the GOOD news, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

You better read that again.

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

Romans 5:14; "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

Adam was just a figure of Christ who would come at later time.. Jesus Christ, the LAST Adam, then became mankind's new and true representative. Christ set right all that Adam had done wrong. He completely reversed and corrected all that Adam had caused by His very life, death and resurrection from the dead.

When Christ died, we all died with Him and when HE was raised from the dead we where raised with Him!!

Jesus Christ is now the real representative for all of mankind. So when He obeyed, all of mankind was made righteous by the Very Life of Christ. Now the result of this was when a person was born again (fathered by God) they were automatically placed in the kingdom of God. All of mankind is now born in union with God and placed under the authority and rulership of Christ. The Spirit of life in Christ Jesus results from being under the rule of Christ. Under His Kingdom this law is FOREVER present. We had no part to play in what God has done.

The law of sin and death was the very cause and source for all outward sinful acts and was the caused all the works of the flesh.

Gal. 5:19-21 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Now the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus is the very cause and source for all inward holiness and true obedience and is the cause for the Fruit of the Spirit.

Gal.5:22-23. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law"

Now the law of sin and death was totally and entirely put away when Christ died. It is has no more power or authority to ever rule over us again. We are NOW In the Kingdom of God and are totally a new creation. Now the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of sin and death. We are FOREVER free from the self effort of attempting to do good things and attempting not to do bad things! Now there is another law in our members, setting us totally free from the control and domain of sin.

When Christ died all of mankind died with Him. When Christ arose from the dead we where risen with Him. Now we have all became subjects of His kingdom and rule. No person was left out. Every single person was affected by what Christ has already done. We really have no choice in the matter and are now subjects of His Kingdom.

1 Peter 1:3, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

Col. 1:11-15, "Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long suffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature."

We now have Jesus Christ Himself actually living and dwelling in us. He is now our Life! WE have been taken out and delivered out of the kingdom of selfishness and transported into his kingdom of Christ and His Love!

Romans 5:15-19, "But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Romans 6:3-12; "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Do not forget that God Himself justified us when we where ungodly deep in our selfishness and sin.

Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 4:3-5, "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Before you believed, before you trusted, before you surrendered, before you repented and before you were born on this earth, God in Christ totally justified you.

Never forget that you are in union with Christ and God was BY HIS doing alone. You did not have a part to play in this work.

1 Corinthians 1:30

New International Version (©1984) "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption."

New Living Translation (©2007) "God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin."

English Standard Version (©2001) "And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,"

New American Standard Bible (©1995) "But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,"

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:"

International Standard Version (©2008) "It is because of God that you are in union with the Messiah Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption."

What part did you play in this?

The earlier you know this truth, the better it is for you. There is no need for a delay of any time before you can experience HIS deliverance and freedom. It is not necessary for you to fail over and over again before learning. It is possible for a Christian not to be defeated. So, when you are faced with any temptation or conflict, do not strive, using your willpower. Do not even consider your own desires to be free or your hatred for sin because these will keep you under the Law of sin and Death. If you are defeated, do not turn back. Learn the way of deliverance step by step. The first step is to see that sin is a law to you; the second, to see that the will cannot overcome the law; and the third, to see that there is another law which does overcome the law of sin. Upon experiencing these three steps, the problem is wholly solved.

Think about all the times you have walked unnecessarily; how many tears you have shed because of defeat and failure. If you see this way of deliverance and freedom NOW, you will be saved many sorrows and tears. What is the way of deliverance? It is that the law of the Spirit of life has set you free. It is a law, perfect and powerful. That law is able to deliver you to the end. It does not require your help. As the law of sin in the world causes everybody to sin, so now the law of the Spirit of life in you naturally leads you into complete victory over sin. It naturally makes you holy, full of life, and full of its power.

Now this law of sin and death is the reason why a Christian can still experience bondage to sin. If you are struggling with sin in your life then this law is the cause and source of it. This law is the reason why you are being defeated and failing to overcome sin.

Just because you know these facts and know they are true does not mean that you will automatically enjoy Christ and HIS VICTORY. Many people depend on their understanding of these facts and their ability to apply them them. You can confess these truths until you are blue in the face without ever truly enjoying Christ if you are only depending on your own efforts to produce them.

I used to think God's that salvation from sin would automatically work its fullness in me just because I believed it. Now I see that I must rest from my own works otherwise I will never experience His Victory. I used to think that if I just keep confessing over and over enough the fact that I was dead to sin, then I would experience it. This did not work at all and I kept stumbling into sin a lot.

Then God showed me and I began to see something very simple. The reason I was not benefiting from what Christ accomplished was because that my trust was in myself and not His work. In other words, I thought that His benefits should simply be fully operational because they were true. But the Lord showed me that they ONLY operate through my trust and confidence in HIM but I saw that my confidence was in what I was doing.

When I faced temptations in the past, my faith was in myself to say no to my desires. I thought that It was my responsibility to control my own desires. But the Lord came to me and basically said, "You don't have the power to control your own desires and I never expected you or wanted you to ever try to control them."

You need to realize that you had no choice or option concerning the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus that has set you free. This is what God did to FOREVER deal with the sin issue. He chose to put you in HIS KINGDOM through what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection. This is now the existing reality and you can NOW enjoy what He has already done.

The only problem that you could possibly have concerning this law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is that you do not see or fully see that this law is NOW an existing reality. So the real issue is you not seeing and being in the dark concerning this law. Now as a result of not seeing these facts you will continue to rely on your own willpower and efforts. It is YOUR OWN EFFORTS AND WILLPOWER that is preventing you from truly experiencing CHRIST'S VICTORY AND FREEDOM. It is work of self, the attempt to somehow make yourself believe that renders you unable to trust God's way of freedom and deliverance.

Once you begin to see this law you will know that it is completely useless for you to even attempt to somehow try to believe or work up love, faith, or trust. You will be longer concerned in confessing certain scriptures over and over again like some magic wand to affect a change in your self. You will be longer even be concerned about acknowledging your outward sins because now you know that they were caused by the law of sin and death.

As you see that this law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus it is EASY to lay aside all effort and self works!

It Is IMPOSSIBLE to trust in your effort, human reasoning's, abilities and to trust HIM at the same time. So then it is your failure to see these laws and all that God has already done is the ONLY thing keeping you from experiencing His Victory. The fact that you are still sinning is NOT the real issue at all because this sinning is only the result of your own efforts and trust in yourself to gain this freedom. Christ has fully dealt with sin for every person. Do not let your own efforts; human reasoning and trust in your self keep you from enjoying HIS FREEDOM.

As you read this, ask God to open your eyes to this truth. See that sinning is not accidental; it is a law. If a person kills another person, this is sin. But if he kills every day, this is the law of killing. If a man loses his temper daily, his bad temper has become a law to him. It is not by chance that people sin, nor do they sin only once. People sin countless times throughout their lives. The liars in the world keep on lying; the unclean keep on being unclean; the adulterers keep on committing adultery; the stealers keep on stealing; the ill-tempered keep on losing their temper. It is a law within men which cannot be conquered.

It is a great discovery when the Lord has mercy on you and opens your eyes to see that sin is, indeed, a law. If you see this, victory is not far away. Should you consider sin merely a matter of conduct, you will no doubt try to pray more and to resist more in order to overcome the next time. But it is futile. As the power of sin is strong and constant, so our strength is weak and untrustworthy. As the power of sin is always triumphant, so our power is always yielding. Sin's power is victorious and our power is defeated. The victory of sin is a law, even as our defeat is a law. When I would do good, evil is present. Paul says he has found this to be a law, an unconquerable law.

You have Christ Himself living and abiding in you and once you see the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, your problem is resolved. It is not enough to see the indwelling Holy Spirit; you must see Him as a law in you. Then you shall begin to praise. Hereafter, you shall live a transcendent life. How wonderful it is.

To overcome sin does not require an ounce of strength, for it is the work of the law. There is one law which makes me sin without my effort, and there is another law which sets me free from sin - also without my efforts or labor. Only that which requires no exertion is true victory. I have nothing to do. Let me tell you, we now have nothing to do but to raise our heads and tell the Lord, "Nothing of me." What happened before was due to law; what is now happening is also due to law. The former law did a thorough work, for it made me sin continuously; this new law does an even better work because I am no longer handicapped by sin. The law of the Spirit of life has manifested itself; it is far superior to the law of sin and death.

You have already received His every present LIFE. Do not think that the Holy Spirit sometimes manifests life and sometimes not. If this is your case, you do not know the Holy Spirit as a law. Since He is a law, He is always the same. He is the same wherever, whatever, and whenever the case may be. He is the same, not because you make Him so, but because He is so. Do you believe He is a law? I have no way to persuade you to believe. If you have not seen this, you will not believe what we have said. May God open your eyes that you may see this truth. We have in us not only the Holy Spirit, not only life, but also a law. Thus you shall be delivered.

2015/1/1 8:26
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: The solution to why you have failed

Quote:
The only problem that you could possibly have concerning this law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is that you do not see or fully see that this law is NOW an existing reality. So the real issue is you not seeing and being in the dark concerning this law. Now as a result of not seeing these facts you will continue to rely on your own willpower and efforts. It is YOUR OWN EFFORTS AND WILLPOWER that is preventing you from truly experiencing CHRIST'S VICTORY AND FREEDOM. It is work of self, the attempt to somehow make yourself believe that renders you unable to trust God's way of freedom and deliverance.

I would completely agree that revelation knowledge of our union with Christ is what we need and what the Holy Spirit gives: This is so very important for the Christian to understand but I am concerned that you are speaking of a negation of man's will. Both the Holy Spirit and man's spirit need a will under self-control by which to execute God's revelation.

I wonder if you could give me your thoughts on the following quote from Watchman Nee's book The Spiritual Man?

By now we should be acquainted fully with the basic distinction between the working of God and that of Satan: (a) God wants the believer to cooperate with Him by exercising his will and using all his abilities in order that he may be filled with the Holy Spirit, but that (b) to facilitate his work the evil spirit demands the believer to be passive in his will and to deny the use of either part or all of his abilities. In the first case, God’s Spirit fills the spirit of man and imparts life, power, release, enlargement, renewal, and strength to the man that he may be free and unshackled. In the second case, Satan occupies man’s passive organs and, if undetected, proceeds to destroy his personality and will by reducing him to a puppet, subduing his soul and body, and leaving him bound, oppressed, ravaged and imprisoned. The Holy Spirit enables the believer to know the will of God in his intuition so that he may understand it afterwards with his mind and carry it out later by freely exercising his will.

In Christ,

2015/1/1 14:33Profile

Re: I am not speaking of a negation of man's will.

I am not speaking of a negation of man's will. Yes - both the Holy Spirit and man's spirit need a will under self-control by which to execute God's revelation.

I am not the greatest writer and I never intended even to imply or suggest an inactive will. I was attempting to show that it is impossible to live the true Christian life by self will. My will is very active and not passive in any way.

Here are some other quotes from Watchman Nee's book The Spiritual Man.

“Why must the Christian draw on the power of the Holy Spirit? Because standing alone his will is very weak. How true are those words of Paul: "I can will what is right, but I cannot do it" (Rom. 7.18). One must be strengthened by the Holy Spirit in the inner man before he can practically obey God. Hence God first works in us to will and then works in us to work for His good pleasure (Phil. 2.13). God reveals His will in our spirit's intuition and there supplies strength to us both to will and to work out His will when our volition is united to Him. He demands that we be one with Him, but He never uses our will for us. The purpose of God's creation and redemption is to give man a perfectly free volition. Through the salvation accomplished by the Lord Jesus on the cross we Christians now can choose freely to do the will of God. All the charges in the New Testament concerning life and godliness are to be either chosen or rejected as we so wish and will. Such charges would mean nothing if God were to annihilate the operation of our volition.”

And

The summit of a Christian's spiritual walk is self-control. What commonly is spoken of as the Holy Spirit ruling in us does not, mean that He directly controls any part of man. Any misunderstanding of this can result in either deception or despair. If we know that the aim of the Holy Spirit is to lead man to the place of self-control, we shall not fall into passivity but shall make good progress in spiritual life.

"The fruit of the Spirit is . . . self-control" (Gal. 5.22-23). The work of the Holy Spirit is to bring the believer's outward man into perfect obedience to his self-control. The Holy Spirit rules the believer through his renewed will. When a child of God walks after the flesh his outward man is rebellious to the spirit and so he becomes a disintegrated person. But when he walks in the spirit and produces spiritual fruit he manifests the power of self-control as well as love, joy, kindness and so forth in his soul. The outward man, once dissipated and confused, is now thoroughly subdued and perfectly submissive to the man's self-control according to the mind of the Holy Spirit. What the Christian must therefore control by his will are: (a) his own spirit, maintaining it in its proper state of being neither too hot nor too cold. The spirit needs the control of the will just as do the other parts of man. Only when one's volition is renewed and is filled with the Holy Spirit is he able to direct his own spirit and keep it in its proper position. All who are experienced agree that they must engage their will to restrain the spirit when it becomes too wild or to uplift it when it sinks too low. Only so can the believer walk daily in his spirit. This is not contradictory to what we mentioned before about man's spirit ruling over the whole person. For when we say the spirit rules the total man we mean that the spirit, by knowing the mind of God intuitively, governs the whole being (including the volition) according to God's will. Whereas in stating that the will controls the man we mean the will directly controls the entire man (including the spirit) according to the will of God. In experience these two perfectly agree. "A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls" (Prov . 25.28).”

2015/1/1 16:52
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I am not the greatest writer and I never intended even to imply or suggest an inactive will. I was attempting to show that it is impossible to live the true Christian life by self will. My will is very active and not passive in any way.

I thought that was the case but I just wasn't sure; please forgive me but with so many different ideas being promoted out there I guess I'm overly cautious. Sometimes this medium of online forums isn't the best for clear communications, often we speak past one another and struggle to express ourselves clearly on all matters.

It is a blessing to be able to discuss these things and pray and study God's Word to get deeper wisdom and understanding and to come into practical Christian reality in these dark days.

In Christ,

2015/1/1 20:06Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Tuc - for years on here I put out the idea of a second work of grace in the believer, at the time it seemed that you disagreed with that idea.

Now reading your last two threads I can see that.

1. you identify the problem that remains in the believer
2. you identify the answer to the problem

Quote: The summit of a Christian's spiritual walk is self-control.

While I may not use those words, I would use... The summit of a Christian's spiritual walk would be be union between the christians will and the divine will.
It is the Holy Spirit bringing the believer's into perfect obedience to the will of the Father, It is the Holy Spirit empowering the believer "to do" that which is good.

It is in essence "self-control" as we read Romans 7 we see that Paul did not have that self control - the law of sin controlled him and he couldn't do that which was good.

2015/1/2 5:53Profile

Re: Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer

look again at what Charles Spurgeon said

"Nothing is to be trusted to but the finished work of Jesus Christ upon Calvary's bloody tree! No feelings, no emotion, no believing, no conversion, even, must ever be put into the place of that one eternal Rock of refuge—the blood and merit of Jesus Christ! Fly there, poor Soul! Whatever you are, or are not, fly there! Cast your guilty self on Christ and rest there, for there alone can you find salvation! Learn this lesson - not to trust Christ because you repent, but trust Christ to make you repent—not to come to Christ because you have a broken heart, but to come to Him that He may give you a broken heart - not to come to Him because you are fit to come, but to come to Him because you are unfit to come! Your fitness is your unfitness. Your qualification is your lack of qualification. You are to be nothing, in fact, and to come to Christ as nothing - and when you so come, then will repentance come!"

I do not know about you but I was depending on MY efforts, MY knowledge, MY faithfulness, My trust and My efforts to believe.

This did not work - How could it?

As God opened my eyes to see what HE had already accomplished for me and in Me I could give up all these efforts and to simply respond to His ACCOMPLISHED WORK!

Now my only solid foundation is based entirely on HIS ACCOMPLISHED WORK and not on my efforts.

I found out that I could NEVER be faithful to HIM but I THANK God that this union that I truly experience with HIM does NOT depend on my faithfulness to Him but on HIS FAITHFULNESS TO ME!!

Think about that! WOW!!

Now all my confidence is in Him! I have NO confidence in my own self efforts whatsoever.

After seeing this, many of my outward sins that I have struggled with for YEARS unsuccessfully fell away from me without my effort.

All the GLORY GOES TO GOD!! I can only boast in Him.

Your foundation must be solely based on His ACCOMPLISHED WORK! Not on any efforts you have made or now making.

Remember that the true gospel does not make any demands of you. The true gospel actually supplies you with everything that is necessary for you to truly live and enjoy your union with HIM.

Edit: added last paragraph.

2015/1/2 7:40

Understanding the nature of *our response* to be justified

Understanding the nature of *our response* to be justified from Charles Spurgeon:

"Let me just utter a solemn sentence which you may masticate at your leisure. If you trust to your faith and to your repentance, you will be as much lost as if you trusted to your good works or trusted to your sins. The ground of your salvation is not faith, but Christ; it is not repentance, but Christ. If I trust my trust of Christ, I am lost. My business is to trust Christ; to rest on him; to depend, not on what the Spirit has done in me, but what Christ did for me, when he did hang upon the tree."

2015/1/2 14:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy