SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "The largest military organization on Earth."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 "The largest military organization on Earth."

North Korea.

The Korean People's Army (KPA; Chosŏn'gŭl: 조선인민군; Chosŏn inmin'gun) constitutes the military forces of North Korea. Kim Jong-un is the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army, Chairman of Central Military Commission and National Defence Commission. The KPA consists of five branches, Ground Force, the Navy, the Air Force, the Strategic Rocket Forces, and the Special Operation Force. Also, the Worker-Peasant Red Guards come under control of the KPA.

In 1971, Kim Il-sung directed that "Military Foundation Day" be changed from 8 February to 25 April, the nominal day of establishment of his anti-Japanese guerrilla army in 1932, to recognize the supposedly indigenous Korean origins of the KPA and obscure its Soviet origin.[5] An active arms industry had been developed to produce long-range missiles such as the Rodong-1.[6]

The KPA faces its primary adversaries, the Republic of Korea Armed Forces and United States Forces Korea, across the Korean Demilitarized Zone, as it has since the Armistice Agreement of July 1953. As of 2013, with 9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, it is the largest military organization on Earth.[7] This number represents nearly 40% of the population,[8] and is the numeric equivalent of the entire population between ages 20 and 45.[9]

2014/12/23 5:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: "The largest military organization on Earth."

The birds are going to be mighty full some day.

2014/12/23 6:17Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: the big army

You have to move 'em, feed 'em, and re-supply 'em. Otherwise it is a one day wonder, second day disaster.

2014/12/23 22:34Profile

Re:

Eh. Size of the army doesn't mean anything. USA out spends everyone by a sizable amount.

Would you rather have 50 gunmen of 1000 swordsmen? Hopefully 50 gunmen. The USA are the gunman. Heck, really they a snipers compared to the swordsmen. The USA is extremely advanced militarily.

Either way, I pray for the day:
Is. 2:4
The Lord will mediate between nations
and will settle international disputes.
They will hammer their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will no longer fight against nation,
nor train for war anymore.

2014/12/24 16:43

Re:

Thank you for the post, I think this should be a warning for us all. Not sure if those who replied have the right attitude. Leonard Ravenhill said in one of his messages that he believes that God Almighty has already taken His Hand off America because America had so much light and rejected it. Without God's hand and protection we are heading for hell on earth, to trust in our own strength and superior technology means disaster !
Here is some advice from The Lord God:
2 Chronicles 7:13"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
May we use this Christmas time to seek Him, humble ourselves, repent. Wise men and women still seek Him. May you all experience His presence and His peace.

Markus

2014/12/24 19:15
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Leonard Ravenhill said in one of his messages that he believes that God Almighty has already taken His Hand off America because America had so much light and rejected it.

I say Leonard was simply expressing an opinion, no different that Pat Robertson. It's sad that pastors have to use scare tactics in their messages, if God did not tell him to say this, it's only an opinion.

2014/12/24 19:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Back to the thread message, any future war be fought with weapons that will kill millions at a time, I personally believe you could have a two man army, if they had the most powerful bombs and greatest skills, to win a 21st century war.

2014/12/24 19:27Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

This is complicated, like most global issues. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" rises above it all. If this is a nation's failure, a feather could decimate a mighty army. Yet if there are some righteous people hidden in a nation's belly with a heart to pray, are not other outcomes possible?

2014/12/24 23:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Markuskiwi--

The only problem with what you are saying is that I have a feeling the Lord is a little less pleased with N Korea (where saints are murdered) than the US.

2014/12/25 10:52Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
The only problem with what you are saying is that I have a feeling the Lord is a little less pleased with N Korea (where saints are murdered) than the US.

Saints are being murdered in the US.

2014/12/25 16:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy