Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Catholic Charm offensive

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

The Catholic Charm offensive

The Catholic Charm offensive

After moving back to Germany we moved into an area where the Catholic church is predominant. Catholicism is a system that reaches beyond the religious life and penetrates every aspect of the socio-economic realm and even into Protestant churches.

After talking to some Christians of various backgrounds I found that there is a lot more acceptance and cooperation between evangelical Christians and the Catholic church now. The evangelical church has movements like the emergent church or ecumenical movements that embraces catholic theology and practice to a great degree. Now I found that the Catholic Church has formed what I would call “evangelical front-ends” that appear to teach correct doctrine, and embraces fairly free style types of worship like the Charismatics. There is even a prayer movement. When you look deeper you find that they actually remain within their Catholic framework aim at evangelicals to embrace their religious system.

I believe this “Charm Offensive” has intensified since the inauguration of Pope Francis. He seems to be much more accommodating than his arch-conservative predecessors and he gained a lot of popularity because of his modesty and ability to engage in dialogue with many groups and streams in society. He even had bibles distributed to visitors of the Vatican and commended them to be read daily.

Do not be fooled. The pope has not changed his mind on any of the Catholic tenets. He is still committed to Marian worship and see her co-redemptive with Christ. We had centuries of cruel persecution of the Catholic Church towards the Protestants and true believers. I believe the Catholic Church has not changed its stance, just its tactics. They could not stop the powerful rise of evangelical Christianity, so they try to infiltrate it and swallow it up – just like Jonah was swallowed up by the whale.

I am very concerned about this wholesale acceptance of Roman Catholic believes and practices among the Evangelical Church. If you make critical objections about it I found that my evangelical friends are bewildered that I do not share their sympathy for the RCC. I am perplexed that there is so little discernment among my brothers and sisters who supposed to know what comprises true doctrine.

Let me be clear. I am not into Catholic-bashing. There are true believers within the Catholic church, no doubt. In fact I lead a little group that is comprised by ex-Catholics.

There are major aspects in the Catholic Church that are not only non-biblical but downright demonic. There are good web resources that explain this in great detail. For convenience I will just mention a few major ones:

Transubstantiation at communion: They believe that the wafer and wine administered by the priest turns into the actual body and blood of Jesus.
They therefore continuously re-enact the crucifixion of Christ. Christ has been crucified once for all for the sins of all mankind. Communion in a biblical sense is only a commemoration of the event at Calvary and an ordinance that reminds us to confess our sins before taking the elements.

Hebrews 7:27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

A hierarchical system of clergy with a pope as the head and representative of Christ on earth. This is actually a trait of the antichrist who take. Anti means against but also taking the place of. The pope claims powers for himself that are unique to Christ alone like infallacy and having the power of absolution.

Matthew 23:9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Compulsive celibacy for priests
1 Timothy 4:3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

All believers are priests and kings now

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Apostolic succession – Peter was not the first Pope.

Worship of Mary and dead saints

Colossians 2:18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Ex 20 And God spoke all these words, saying:
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

This all does not surprise me because the bible tells us that a Babylonic church is forming and the majority of religions will amalgamate into this system.

Do not become deceived brethren. Do not marvel even when miraculous signs like fire from heaven happen in front of our eyes (Rev 13:13).

We cannot compromise on such things.

2 Corinthians 6:15
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Our forefathers in the faith, especially the Anabaptists have shed streams of blood for their stand for truth. Let us not betray them but walk in their steps. Stay away from the leaven of false religion, even if it masks itself with good works and seductive power.

I am afraid that this Catholic Charm Offensive will gain momentum and sway a big part of evangelicals into their system. Let us be on alert and pray.

2014/12/21 16:53Profile

Re: The Catholic Charm offensive

I find it strange that believers say 'I have no need of you arm'.

Let's remind ourselves that pope, mary, sainthood aren't salvation issues. Jesus is the salvation issue.

We should focus on Jesus, since Jesus saves a Roman Catholic and He saves a Protestant.

Rom. 10:9-10

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

2015/1/2 12:29
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

LoveMeekHope said "I find it strange that believers say 'I have no need of you arm'.

Would you say the same thing to the Mormon church?

2015/1/2 13:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Mormons are not Christans.

2015/1/2 14:13Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

A Problem with the Catholic church is that they do not teach salvation by faith alone. The require works for salvation also and that testifies to their belief in purgatory so they add extra biblical/unbiblical teachings into their teaching.

2015/1/2 14:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not defending RC, but evangelicals also add traditions etc not found in scripture. Here are several off the top of my head:

1) head pastors
2) delay in baptisms
3) church membership
4) emphasis on tithing
5) church gatherings for "seekers"

2015/1/2 15:27Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

TMK

A difference in your list and what you find in Catholic teaching is the ones you list don't get between you and God for salvation of the heart. They are merely side issues. Catholic teachings puts Mary in there as well as purgatory because Mary is also a mediator and a persons sins still have to be washed off after death so they set up purgatory for that. Compare that with the list your provide. There is a difference.

2015/1/2 17:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So guess it boils down to whether a catholic who believes that Jesus died for his sins but is mistaken about the Eucharist, purgatory or Mary can be saved.

2015/1/2 17:08Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

TNK

Mary is a co redemptrix to many Catholics. What do you think that means? What is the purpose of purgatory when you set it next to the Resurrection of Jesus? Is the Eucharist necessary for salvation for Catholics?

2015/1/2 18:09Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I am not saying that catholics can't be saved. But if they are, why stay in a dangerous cult?

2015/1/2 19:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy