SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ken Ham Argues Kentucky's Retraction of $18M in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark Project Is 'Illegal'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ken Ham Argues Kentucky's Retraction of $18M in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark Project Is 'Illegal'

Answers in Genesis CEO and President Ken Ham has claimed that the new conditions set out by the state of Kentucky for the Ark Encounter project that prohibit religious preference in hiring are illegal. He also criticized media coverage that claimed that his organization has asked Kentucky for money to build the project.

"The state's new conditions are clearly illegal. We can cite both federal and state laws that permit religious preference in hiring, like the 1964 civil rights act. That's why atheist groups can and do discriminate in their hiring," Ham said in a video message.

He added that Kentucky had first approved an incentive for AiG's plans to build a life-size replica of Noah's Ark, but following pressure from atheist groups, the state added conditions stating that AiG cannot show religious preference in its hiring.

"The state granted its preliminary approval for the incentive. Only after the atheist groups objected and publicly attacked the state's preliminary approval, did the state renege on its commitment."

Media reports last week pointed out that Kentucky had retracted an $18 million in tax incentives offer for the Ark Encounter Project, but Ham, who is also the President and CEO of the Creation Museum, warned that there is a lot of "bogus" information being spread around.

"We were not asking the state for any money to build the Ark Encounter," Ham said.

"AIG had reapplied for a possible refund of sales tax that would be collected at the finished Ark," he clarified.

"If the Ark would see excellent attendance, and some of the sales tax paid by guests who were voluntarily visiting could be refunded, up to a maximum. It's actually an excellent incentive offered to any tourist attraction thinking of locating in Kentucky."

The AiG president added that the tax rebate would have been used to offset some of the development costs over time.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-argues-kentuckys-retraction-of-18m-in-tax-breaks-for-noahs-ark-project-is-illegal-points-to-laws-that-allow-atheists-to-discriminate-in-their-hiring-131198/

2014/12/15 18:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Ken Ham Argues Kentucky's Retraction of $18M in Tax Breaks for Noah's A

I hope this gets built. I want to see the system that 8 people used to deal with 12 tons of manure produced daily (per Ken Ham).

2014/12/16 12:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

I want to see the system that 8 people used to deal with 12 tons of manure produced daily (per Ken Ham).

Never thought of that...but it is a legitimate question. I also suspect those folks back then were not as primitive as moderns like to think - they may have had a cleaning system on board moderns never thought of.

BTW, if they threw the stuff overboard would that not give environmentalists fits??!! See the wastes floating on top of the water...on the other hand they were dead. God took care of that problem.

Twelve tons of manure is a lot to handle of you want to use shovels or forks... If four men shoveled it that would equal three tons each or 6000 pounds. Imagining it about gives me a backache...SIGH

2014/12/17 11:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

An article on Ken Hams site suggests that the animal pens had grated floors so the waste fell through the cracks into the hold below. I see some problems with this, namely that the ark had multiple decks. Plus the odor would have been oppressive although they were probably less sensitive than we are. But even if true, 12 tons per day for many months seemingly would have filled the hold below. Gag.

I think it had to be tossed overboard but they had to have had a system. Maybe they used the elephants to hose down the pens on occasion.

Shoveling and wheelbarrowing 3 tons a day (which would be each mans share) would definitely cause some back pain.

2014/12/17 12:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I think it is plausible that God could have allowed the animals to fast or eat little as well as Noah and their family. Also some of the animals could have slept for long periods of time. I do not believe we can have a perfect scientific explanation for everything. That is just my personal opinion brethren.

2014/12/17 12:51Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree, Greg. If God could sustain Jesus in the wilderness for 40 days of fasting and others during situations in which they were in need, God could supernaturally sustain the animals on the Ark.

2014/12/17 18:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Genesis 6:21,22:

21 “As for you, take for yourself some of all food which is edible, and gather it to yourself; and it shall be for food for you and for them.”

22 Thus Noah did; according to all that God had commanded him, so he did.

This was no simple cruise some folks went on with little to do!

Sandra

2014/12/17 23:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"If God could sustain Jesus in the wilderness for 40 days of fasting and others during situations in which they were in need, God could supernaturally sustain the animals on the Ark."

Of course, God can do anything He wants. He could have wiped everybody out w/o using a flood to do so. The Bible says that a flood was sent so an ark was built to house all kinds of animals and that the animals had to be fed for many months etc etc.

Since this is what the Bible SAYS, I don't think we should bring things into the story that AREN'T said, like animals hibernating, fasting, not producing waste, etc. I think we are left with thinking about how such things were done; I do not think we HAVE to think about them, but I guess I just find it interesting.

If the animals weren't eating much I suspect it was due to sea sickness.

2014/12/18 6:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

As I delve into these accounts, trying to visualize what it looked like to the participants, where the rubber meets the road, I am finding these stories exhibiting in far grander scale the awesomeness of the miracle stated. It about leaves me breathless with a huge "WOW!" Its magnificence is far greater then we imagine.

When I pose these questions to the local men they suggest they may have had an elevator with a web - that was common back in the 1965-60s to convey grain, hay and straw bales from a wagon into the barn or bin - where the manure was shoveled onto with the end out the top window dropping it outside the ark. But then we all know they did not have electricity to power such a rig. Or, did they? How do we know? In any case it would have to have been something that four men could handle.

And then there is the water issue. What kind of water tanks did they have? Did they use any guttering to catch rainwater? See...it is absolutely awesome...

Yes, I wonder...

2014/12/18 17:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy