SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A good testimony from church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

A good testimony from church

So this fellow in my church that does the annoucements did the annoucements last Sunday and then said he wanted to give a testimony. He testified that everyone knew that his hearing had gotten a little bad but he had learned to praise God in all things. He said that one good thing that had come from it was that he could move through the woods quieter. He likes to walk in the woods and hunt from time to time etc. and he said even when the leaves were dry he still didn't make as much noise as he used to when he walked on them when his hearing was somewhat better. Well hallelujah he said and everyone said hallelujah while he stood there grinning a big ole grin. Man he was smiling at us!

It was a good and edifying testimony. Y'all believe me don't you.

2014/11/18 21:58Profile
docs

Well shucks

I figured a little brevity might not be completely out of line in sharing my above post. We don't have to be so dead serious all of the time. This man testifying cracked the chuch up a bit and he was trying to and I thought it might tickle some your funny bones a bit. Whatever, PTL. I told a joke once and the punch line was, "Some people can tell a joke and some can't." It waa funny to me but the folks I told this punch line to just sat there looking at me without changing expression. I've always wondered why.

Blessings to the saints.

2014/11/20 10:09Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: Well shucks

docs

Just want you to know I laughed when I read it. I just didn't reply.

Have a blessed day! May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ... and do something fun.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2014/11/21 0:19Profile

Re: A good testimony from church

Do christians really need jokes to make them cheer up. Sure there's difference between having a sense of humor & joking cracking

2014/11/21 9:58
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Iyke

Why are jokes such a problem for you in this context?

I think the only time a person should be concerned with humor is when humor is just foul in nature and when it is used to push an ideology that tends to be something heated. Humor becomes the sugar to enable it to be ingested. It happens in politics as well as in religious ideology. It seduces the mind into receiving poison.

2014/11/21 10:09Profile
docs

Re: lHi lyke

I didn't mean to imply Christians need jokes to cheer them up. There are many ways and things they can do to cheer up. The man and brother I spoke of displayed some good clean humor in a off the cuff type of manner after the annoucements he made and folks got s bit of a clean laugh out of it. Thats all. It happens from time to time even among Gods people I would think and even hope.

2014/11/23 1:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy