SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

This was a news story about the death of someone who was influential among Christians. Good or bad doctrine aside his voice will no longer speak to the Church. I think we can trust the judge of all the earth to do what is right.

Let's consider our words to one another who are still alive and racing toward that day.

2014/11/15 11:49Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
This was a news story about the death of someone who was influential among Christians. Good or bad doctrine aside his voice will no longer speak to the Church. I think we can trust the judge of all the earth to do what is right.

Let's consider our words to one another who are still alive and racing toward that day.

Brother, respectfully, his voice will still indeed speak to the Church, as myriads of hours of his teaching is readily available for free on YouTube for example. Yes, he was very influential among Christians(for some time including myself), but sadly it was and is a harmful influence. Again, the same can be said about Joseph Smith and Charles T Russel. I know this person seemed to believe in the Trinity and other essentials unlike other cults, but nevertheless it was a false and harmful gospel that he taught.

Again, think about it brothers and sisters, what if the news headline would have read instead, "Joseph Smith passes away." Would we not see it as an opportunity to discuss Mormonism and the teaching of Joseph Smith? Yet we have much sympathy for WOF. This is sad to see here.

2014/11/15 12:09Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Oracio, you not getting it, this not about having 'sympathy for WOF' this is about having sympathy for a person.

2014/11/15 12:37Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Okay ZekeO, please answer this for me. Would you feel the same if it was Joseph Smith? If so, why?

2014/11/15 13:27Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

ZekeO, never mind the "why" part of my last post. Whether or not you would feel the same would speak volumes to me. If you would still feel the same, I would be more willing to reconsider my reasoning here because it would indicate to me that you're not being biased. But if you would not feel the same it would indicate you are being biased toward Munroe. Just to let you know, it was a sincere question, not some evil intention to trap you or anything like that. But you are free to believe that or not friend. Take care.

2014/11/15 22:40Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

If it was Joseph Smith I would be even more grieved because his is a soul (from the little I know of him) lost for eternity.

2014/11/16 3:48Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Jesus is the gospel(good news)! He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, our all in all. It's all about Him and what He did for us on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. That is the gospel we are commanded to hold fast to and to declare to a lost world-1Cor.15:1-3. Again, the gospel is not about earthly health, wealth and prosperity. May God continue to deliver His people from such serious error."

Brother, I am going to agree with you for a change that Myles Munroe is preaching "another gospel", and it is not the gospel of the Kingdom that our Lord and the Apostles preached.

Brother, while you are correct that most of the WOF movement got into serious error on "properity teaching", most of them were teaching the true message on the "doctrine of Christ", the blood, the death and ressurection of Jesus.

Some of these teachers that were truly born again and filled with the Spirit came out of a lot of the false teaching. Kenneth Hagin rebuked much of the "false prosperity" teaching before he died.

There are men like Derek Prince that would have to be considered to be a "Word of faith" teacher that taught the full gospel. There were others that did also.

You have to be careful brother about putting every teacher that taught faith or even the blessing of the Lord in a believer's life as being in the same category as those that taught a false "prosperity message".

"Prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good."

Mike

2014/11/16 9:47Profile
jochbaptist

A time for everything

Dear Brother Oracio

When Saul died, David did not publish his wickedness. Instead he honored him and mourned his death (Song of the bow). That is the Godly thing to do now.

Johannes

2014/11/17 2:59Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: A time for everything

Good word Joch! AMEN!

2014/11/17 6:56Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Kenneth Hagin rebuked much of the "false prosperity" teaching before he died.

How do you know this?

2014/11/17 7:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy