SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False Prophets - A Biblical Profile

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Bomar

False Prophets - A Biblical Profile

from http://www.baldpreachers.net/falseprophets

Below is a simple, yet complete, summary of the false prophets from their rebukes given by true prophets. Look at the patterns, methods, and ideas prevalent, and allow the Holy Spirit to give you discernment about the times we live in today. You will find the entire list of scripture references down at the bottom.

Their Motives – They are dull-hearted, and have not sought the Lord. The content of their messages is chosen based on financial incentive. They hope that the words they speak will be confirmed.

Their Message - They say “Evil will not come upon us, nor shall we see sword of famine.” They say “Peace, peace!” They prophesy lies in God’s name. They tell the people “ Sword and famine (judgment) shall not be in this land.” They strengthen the hand of evildoers with their lies, so that the wicked do not turn back from their wickedness. They give this false message of peace to those who despise the Lord and those who follow the dictates of their own evil heart. They do not expose the sins of the people. They try to give the people comfort. They remind the people that they are God’s chosen people, and He is among us, so harm will not come. They seduce the people with flattering words. God describes this by giving an analogy of building a wall and plastering it with untempered mortar (please note – they are building a wall, they just aren’t doing it properly). They bring death to those who are righteous and life to those who are wicked.

Their Source – They lie and say the Lord has spoken to them, while the Lord has not commanded them, nor spoken to them. They prophesy false visions, false dreams, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of the heart. Their visions come from their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord. They deceive the people. They steal words from others (possibly books and seminars). They follow their own spirit and have seen nothing. They were reckless in the messages they gave.

The Peoples’ Response - They love the false prophecies they hear. Their hurt is healed slightly (a superficial manner – makes them feel better, but doesn’t cure their true disease). The people are not ashamed of their sins, nor do they blush. They put their trust in lying words that they have heard. They are seduced into this belief, because they want it to be true. They do have the appearance of being a sturdy built wall.

True Results For the People – They do not know the judgment of the Lord. There is no peace awaiting them. They will fall under God’s wrath. The Lord will punish them, and they shall be cast down. The people err by the lies and recklessness of the false prophets. They are not profited at all by the message. They are like Gomorrah. They are made worthless. They are comforted in vain. They people are led away like sheep. They are in trouble because they have no real shepherd. God will accomplish His wrath on the wall (people). He will cause a stormy wind to break forth in His fury, and there shall be a flooding rain in His anger, and great hailstones in fury to consume it. The wall will fall, and its foundations will be uncovered.

True Results For the Prophet - The Lord is against them. The Lord will consume those prophets by sword and famine. All of them are like Sodom. God will accomplish His wrath on those who have plastered the wall with untempered mortar.

- Scripture References -

They have lied and said about the Lord and said, “It is not He. Neither will evil come upon us, Nor shall we see sword or famine. And the prophets become wind, For the word is not in them. Thus shall it be done to them” Jeremiah 5:12-13

The prophets prophey falsely, and the priests rule by their own power; Andy my people love to have it so. Jeremiah 5:31

They heal the hurt of My people slightly, saying “Peace, Peace!” when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed; Nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall; At the time I punish them, they shall be cast down, says the Lord. Jeremiah 6:14-15

About the people – “Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit.” Jeremiah 7:8

The people do not know the judgment of the Lord – Jeremiah 7:7

They have healed the hurt of the daughter of My peole slightly, saying “Peace, Peace!” when there is no peace. Jeremiah 8:11

For the shepherds have become dull-hearted, and have not sought the Lord. Jeremiah 10:21

And the Lord said to me, “The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a flase ivsion, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart. Therefore, thus says the Lord concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, whom I did not sent, and who say, “Sword and famine shall not be in this land’ – By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed!”. Jeremiah 14:14

“Therefore behold, I am against the prophets, “ says the Lord, “who steal My words everyone from his neighbor. Behold, I am against those who prophesy false dreams,” says the Lord, “and tell them and cause My people to err by their lies and by their recklessness. Yet I did not send them or commanded them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all,’ says the Lord. Jeremiah 23:30-32

They also strengthen the hands of evildoers, So that no one turns back from his wickedness. All of them are like Sodom to Me, and her inhabitants like Gomorrah. Jeremiah 23:14

They make you worthless; They speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord. They continual say to those who despise Me, “The Lord has said “You shall have peace” and to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say, “No evil shall come upon you.’” Jeremiah 23:16-17

Paraphrase of Jeremiah 28 - The false prophet Hananiah said the yoke of Nebuchadnezzzar would be broken within two years. Yet Jeremiah said that Hananiah would die and now there would be a yoke of iron, instead of wood, placed around the neck of Israel.

Your prophets have seen for you false and deceptive visions; They have not uncovered your iniquity, to bring back your captives, but have envisioned for you false prophecies and delusions. Lam 2:14

And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own heart, 'Hear the word of the LORD!'" Thus says the Lord GOD: "Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! O Israel, your prophets are like foxes in the deserts. You have not gone up into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of the LORD. They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, 'Thus says the LORD!' But the LORD has not sent them; yet they hope that the word may be confirmed. Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say, 'The LORD says,' but I have not spoken." Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Because you have spoken nonsense and envisioned lies, therefore I am indeed against you," says the Lord GOD. "My hand will be against the prophets who envision futility and who divine lies; they shall not be in the assembly of My people, nor be written in the record of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord GOD. "Because, indeed, because they have seduced My people, saying,'Peace!' when there is no peace -- and one builds a wall, and they plaster it with untempered mortar -- say to those who plaster it with untempered mortar, that it will fall. There will be flooding rain, and you, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall tear it down. Surely, when the wall has fallen, will it not be said to you, 'Where is the mortar with which you plastered it?'" Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I will cause a stormy wind to break forth in My fury; and there shall be a flooding rain in My anger, and great hailstones in fury to consume it. So I will break down the wall you have plastered with untempered mortar, and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation will be uncovered; it will fall, and you shall be consumed in the midst of it. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. "Thus will I accomplish My wrath on the wall and on those who have plastered it with untempered mortar; and I will say to you, 'The wall is no more, nor those who plastered it, that is, the prophets of Israel who prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and who see visions of peace for her when there is no peace,'" says the Lord GOD. "Likewise, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people, who prophesy out of their own heart; prophesy against them, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Woe to the women who sew magic charms on their sleeves and make veils for the heads of people of every height to hunt souls! Will you hunt the souls of My people, and keep yourselves alive? And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies? Ezekiel 13

Her heads judge for a bribe, her priests teach for pay, and her prophets divine for money. Yet they lean on the LORD, and say, "Is not the LORD among us? No harm can come upon us." Mic 3:11

For the idols speak delusion; The diviners envision lies, and tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore the people wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because there is no shepherd. Zech 10:2

2005/4/25 1:06Profile
solabible

Re: False Prophets - A Biblical Profile

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2005/4/25 8:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy