SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Holy Spirit: Helper and Advocate - Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Holy Spirit: Helper and Advocate - Watchman Nee

I will not leave you desolate [orphans, mg.]: I come unto you. John 14.18.

The Lord will not leave us as orphans. He will himself take care of us, nourishing us, edifying us, and bearing the full responsibility for us. In other words, the indwelling Holy Spirit is to translate into our subjective experience the objective fact of what Christ has accomplished for us on the cross. The Spirit of truth is to guide us into reality.

"Comforter" in the Greek original includes two thoughts: one means "called to one's side"—that is, to one's aid. This is to say that the Holy Spirit is our present help. Whenever we need His aid, He is always alongside us to help. The other means "one who pleads another's cause"—an advocate. Christ, as it were, appears before God to plead for us—that is, to plead for our good.

2014/10/22 9:51Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re: We do not face our battles alone

From the original post: "Comforter" in the Greek original includes two thoughts: one means "called to one's side"—that is, to one's aid. This is to say that the Holy Spirit is our present help. Whenever we need His aid, He is always alongside us to help."

What a beautiful reminder of the Spirit's power and purpose. May each of us ever more increasingly "..keep in step with the Spirit." (Galatians 5:25 esv) and depend upon Him, as the Lord's power is "made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Regarding "..the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ," (Philippians 1:19), David Wilkerson said:

"The word Paul uses for “supply” in this epistle means “to meet the situation.” The root word here is “fully supplied.” This signifies full provision for every circumstance. Such “full supply” comes only by faith. Paul said to the Galatians, “How did you receive the Spirit? By the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?…He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” (Galatians 3:2, 5).

In my experience of decades in ministry, I have come to believe that God supplies the Spirit through “desperate importunity of faith'....I do not say the following lightly, knowing that saints are suffering terrible oppression all over the world. Yet it is my belief that the people of God can bear anything — indeed, everything — if we have a supply of the Spirit flowing to us from his throne. He causes a river to flow from our innermost being that is greater and more powerful than any trial.

Someone who is 'full of the Holy Ghost and power' is distinguished by how much the Spirit is in charge of his life....Any increase in supply depends on an increase of faith. Therefore, we get more of the Holy Spirit by giving up more and more control of our lives."

2014/10/23 9:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy