SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Walking Miracles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Walking Miracles

Walking Miracles

"For we are his WORKMANSHIP,(my emphasis) created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."(Ephesians 2:10)

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"And that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness."(Ephesians 4:24)

Our salvation,our being in Christ,our being part of the body of Christ,His Church is an act of creation by our God and our Savior.We are His "Workmanship" or His "poem" is what the Greek word for workmanship is.("Poiema")
The same word is used in (Romans 1:20) and is translated "Made " there,in referring to God's act of creating this universe.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are MADE,(my emphasis) even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"(Romans 1:20)

God's act of creating this universe is a miracle and so is His act of creating us into the body of Christ,our salvation.So when each one of us is saved that is a miracle being performed.We are a new creation,created in righteousness and true holiness.We are raised from a state of deadness in sin to eternal life.This is an eternal miracle that has been performed.
And not only that God allows us a part in that process of creation.It is through the instrumentality of human beings that He has chosen to spread and share this Gospel of salvation.He has chosen to use His Spirit,that is indwelling human beings that have been saved,to reveal His Son to others and the sharing of His Word.
So not only are we,that are saved,walking miracles ourselves,God uses us in His performance of performing the miracle of raising others from the deadness of sin into eternal life.
I believe that is what Jesus is referring to in (John 14:12) when He makes the statement that the one's that believe on Him would do greater works than He did.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."(John 14:12)

After His death and resurrection Jesus went back to His Father and the Holy Spirit came to indwell believers and it is He that performs the miracle of salvation with the instrumentality of other human believers.The miracles that Jesus performed of healing and raising the dead,those people would eventually die,but the greater miracle being performed today by God and using us in that process is the greater miracle,because people are healed permanently from the sickness and deadness of sin and raised up into eternal life.
So I believe when we experience others being saved,we are seeing a miracle of God being performed and through His Grace we are permitted to have a part in that miracle.That I believe is the greater miracle and work,of seeing others raised up into eternal life.
Then the hope and comfort we have.That miracle that God will perform when Jesus comes for His Church and we will partake in that miracle when our bodies will be raised if we die in this life or changed if we are alive when He comes.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.Therefore comfort one another with these words."(1Thessalonians 4:16-18)

Perhaps Today

2014/10/21 19:50Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Walking Miracles

Quote:
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."(John 14:12)

Amen, I agree with the Word!

2014/10/21 21:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy