SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Superlatives and wish list

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Superlatives and wish list

I want to offer some praises for SI and brother Greg and the others whose names I don't know who male SI so edifying and a blessing to the church.

Thank you so much!

Also, to mention my favored teachers on SI. Carter Conlon has been now a real help for more than a year. Vance Havner, who I discovered not too long after his death, is a treasure and one of my all time favorites. I wish the folks who had his recordings would get them remixed to improve their sound quality. Edgar Reich was a totally new discovery for me here and I love that guy's heart. Hans Waldvogel is a newer find for me and I think O will enjoy more of him. Tozer: enough said, right? What a servant. Again, wish the custodians of Tozer talks could/would remix them for better quality. Paul Washer has taught me more about seriousness than anyone, and I thank SI for so prominently featuring this brother. David Wilkerson...I sometimes feel a need to be spoken to prophetically about the power and love of God and Wilkerson is my go to on SI for that kind of word.

Anyone else?

2014/10/16 23:25Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Superlatives and wish list

Yes there are so many sermons and speakers that I have been blessed by on SI that I had never been aware of or exposed to before, so thank you Greg and SI for this great resource.
When I think of them, there almost too many to list, but I guess Leonard Ravenhill; Paris Readhead; Alan Redpath; Paul Washer; Keith Daniel and Zac Poonan are high among those who have been a great source of blessing to me. But there are many lesser known names (not lesser people!) who have featured on SI with timely messages.

Tim, Regarding the quality of the Tozer sermons, yes they are hard to hear. If you go to the website New life radio(.co.uk) on the down load section they have a lot of Tozer sermons that have been digitally cleaned up and these have also been a wonderful resource to me.

2014/10/17 4:24Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Dave, thanks for that info I will use it. 😃

Also, thanks for those other names because each one has impacted me too. Ravenhill especially. Keith Green was Ravenhill set to music, basically. Boy if Christian pop today had a Keith Green--wow. He would not sell many CDs but wow anyway. I have a Keith Green station on Pandora.

2014/10/17 8:54Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I was on Youtube listening to "dear john letter to the devil" by Keith Green and on the comments someone said "I can just picture Leonard Ravenhill on the electric guitar" (I just about fell off my chair laughing).

2014/10/17 16:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Superlatives and wish list

Thanks to SI I have been introduced to Paul Washer. I have listened to many of his sermons. His "Indictments.." ranks among the best, IMHO.

I love to listen to him because of his passion for TRUTH, the HOLINESS of GOD amplified, and his love for the LORD. He preaches with conviction unlike most moderns who preach only from an administrative stance, working to somehow regain the status quo common a few years ago.

As a result of being blessed by Washer's love for the LORD, I have introduced others - family and friends - to his preaching and he has fast become a favorite among them. It is so gratifying to hear others from outside our own church circle uphold the authority of the WORD and preach it.

Having said all this I do experience a fear and that is since he has been used by the LORD so well, the devil will destroy him - it has happened so many times. So...I think one needs to pray for these men - as the Holy Spirit prompts us - that they would remain faithful to the calling God has placed upon them.

God bless.

2014/10/20 9:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy